Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
**Princess**

someone killed themselves coz of roccutane(spellin

this boy hung himsefl becasue of the depression that roccuntane caused him, now his docters being sued for prescribing him the drug. also they are thinkin of taking all acne products off the market and stop perscribing them especially roccuntane and accutane as these are lethal drugs. i feel so sorry for this boy and hes family and freinds, i also feel sorry for the people out there who rely on pills like these to get rid if their acne as they might be takin off the market and things will get worse. i really hope they understand that drugs help people like us and if they take themm away things will get worse.

im on the regimin now i dont think they will take topicals away will they?????? i will go mad if they do this is my life control!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx good luck and hope u get clear soonxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest agentx

accutane is not lethal, and stop scaring everyone away from it. goto ragforum or somthin ffs.

Agent ] x [

You are a very foolish man Agent. Accutane definately is lethal. I know, I was on it. It fixed my acne and I have a very happy life because of it.

For awhile though, I had several instances where I could have ended my life quite easily.

I wasn't really sticking up for you. (Ro)Accutane is a drug that people should be afraid of. You should know what the worst case scenario is and go from there. If you don't, then when/if that event occurs, you won't be as suprised. When I went on it, I thought my acne will balloon up then go away.

What happened was it had its initial breakout (balloned up) and then it started to go away. During that time deep depression hit, suicidal thoughts ran through my head and I went from being happy with acne to being depressed without. This isn't what most people expect to happen. I made it through the course (stopped a month early) and my life is awesome now.

ANY drug with hormones can affect depression...NOT just accutane...

that's why (a) you're supposed to tell your doctor if you've had depression before and (b) you're supposed to tell them if you get symptoms of depression...

unless his doctors failed to inform him of these side effects, then no, they shouldn't be suing him. i mean, it's really sad and quite tragic he took his own life, but people commit suicide for lots of other reasons than a drug that has hormones.

accutane does not equal death...

so don't worry about it being banned.

For fucks sake Only I know...look at Agents gallery....HE WAS ON THE TANE TOO...dude and so was I...it's only lethal if your body can't handle it...most people don't have problems like this....accutane isnt perfect, but it works...and sometimes it works wonders...

this is so stupid...accutane is the last resort, the last bastion of fuckin hope for some people...if they get rid of it...i think you'll see more suicides than without it...some people just let it get to them...I remember thinking of killing myself a few times...but shit i was like "what if this actually works??..it kept me going....my acne isnt ANYTHING compared to what it used to be...saved my life.

I know he was on tane, too. I didn't say Accutane should be banned. I simply said you need to watch yourself while on it. Depression isn't always an easy fix. Curing depression doesn't always mean look at life in a happy way. Accutane can cause depression that while on it, cannot be reversed.

I totally agree with stinkoman, if I knew that there was nothing to help with this acne (as I have tried everything and nothing but Accutane works for me) I would definitely be depressed, if not suicidal. Acne can kill someone's self esteem and social life. I'm so sick of everyone saying Accutane is causing people to commit suicide. Why are people on this site trying to scare people, telling them not to go on Accutane. I am not saying that Accutane is a drug to be taken lightly, it's not. But for crying out loud, I'm so sick of these damn articles being posted all the time.

Accutane is a miracle drug!

Good job guys. Almost all of you successfuly proven that you cannot read. Go pick up your accutane packages and read the little book that it comes with. It clearly states DEPRESSION.

As to the bi-polar comment. I don't know where you got that from.

First comment = accutane is lethal because it can cause depression, but it does fix acne

Second comment = describing that people need to know what this drug is about before they go on it. Too many people go on it without testing the waters first.

Third comment = accutane can cause depression...be careful

I don't regeret going on accutane. It was a miracle drug for me. However, it isn't for everyone and it can do more harm than good.

I am actually not being negative about accutane. Blondie was talking about how someone killed themselves because of accutane. Agentx said it isn't lethal. I replied, yes it can be. I am only telling the truth.

People who have overdosed on vitamin A have suffered from depression.

Actually I can read, if you read the part about suicide in the consumer information it says "no one kows if Accutane causes these behaviors or if they would have happened even if the person did not take Accutane". The point is Only_I_Know is that some of us here believe that more suicides would likely occur if Accutane didn't exist and there were no other options. There would also be a lot more depressed people. Like Elsa said they have to print that to prevent lawsuits. They have to protect their butts.

If isotretinoin is at the risk of being pulled off the shelves, I better hurry up and order a bulk supply of accutane that'll last me a long time!

Actually I can read, if you read the part about suicide in the consumer information it says "no one kows if Accutane causes these behaviors or if they would have happened even if the person did not take Accutane". The point is Only_I_Know is that some of us here believe that more suicides would likely occur if Accutane didn't exist and there were no other options. There would also be a lot more depressed people. Like Elsa said they have to print that to prevent lawsuits. They have to protect their butts.

You're right Only_I_Know there are several people who go on Accutane who only have a few pimples. My boss's daughter wants to go on Accutane and she has like 2 zits on her forehead. Gimme a break, she's never taken any antibiotics and she wants to go on Accutane right away. Accutane is definitely a last resort drug.

I only meant that I get annoyed when people bitch and moan about getting one pimple every couple of months and want to go on Accutane. I get a little pissed off and I think some people are really insensitive complaining about a single pimple, when I obviously have a more severe problem. Believe me I know that all the rest of the crap doesn't work for those with persistant acne. Accutane is the only solution.

oh plz bullshit go away accutane works, you might get a little depressed.. i dont know i was never on the drug.. only u can kill urself, accutance doesnt put a knife to ur throat

some people deal with depression better than others, some are also mentally retarded and when its get bad for a while they end it

not accutanes fault

Guest agentx

ok elsa, since ure readin this too ... i`ll reply b4 u tongue.gif

for the person who said im a fool ... up urs

for the person who started this topic ... up urs

for the people who think accutane makes u go mad and kill urself ... up urs

for someone who duzent like my new car ... up urs ... uhh ...

over to u elsa!

Agent ] x [

Guest agentx

its not nice to play with someones feelings u know eusa_naughty.gif

Agent ] x [

Guest agentx

leme guess. its friday night, and ure a bit over the legal limit? eusa_clap.gif

Agent ] x [

ps. drugs are bad ... mmmmmkay

Guest agentx

if u keep on doin this, i`ll havta disown u and then the nasty side ov me is gonna take ova tongue.gif

Agent ] x [

Guest agentx

#1 ... i aint afghani ... #2 atleast i have the balls to show everyone wat i look like and wat i wear... as for spelling ... do u run a spell check b4 u paste here? as for not educated, im doing my diploma in information tech ... :] and for flirtin online, maybe i do that for fun, or maybe seriously... u gettin a bit jealous there eh?

and yea ... i cud start flaming u like a 2 yo .. but here`s a quote from YOUR post...

"It is actually sad that so many people will run from an internet personality that they can't handle. If people come here and make fun of you, read what they say, analyze it, and go on with life. Nothing on the internet should ever affect your real life."

So plz ... later! ;]

Agent ] x [