Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The doc gave me some tretinoin gel today, better known as Retin A in the lowest concentration. Im worried about starting to use this topical, he prescribed it purely for my red marks and tiny scars after i asked if there was anything that could help make them go.

Plz post some feedback regarding ur experiences with this topical, any side effects etc.

Marky

happy birthday to you.... eusa_whistle.gifbiggrin.gif

i'm using retin a micro which is tretinoin .04%. I'm loving it so far! it has reduced my redmarks quite a bit and my clogged pores are almost gone. i haven't experienced the "initial breakout" that can come with tretinoin...hopefully i won't.

i forgot to ask you, how often are you using it? you're on the regimen, aren't you? i'm on the reg and i've been subbing the retin-a-micro for the bp gel every other night.

and it has made my face more peely (that is a negative)....skin much smoother (positive)....

Oh no im not on the regimen, i had a low tolerance to bp im afraid, i just steam my face and use the clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub. Im also taking oxytetracyline, i havn`t started using this retin a yet, the doc gave it for my red marks although he seemed pretty reluctant to because he said i had my face pretty much under controll and was worried probably it would make things worse for me!

yeah, the tetracycline will definately help with the retin a because like i said, there can be an initial break out.

yup, it can definately help with the redmarks.

well, i gave my face a good look yesterday because i was wondering just how much the r-a-m has helped me...and i was amazed! i would say about a 60 % improvement in redmarks in 3 weeks! i guess i really haven't looked at my face in a while. this stuff is great but it makes my face really oily...

Yeah, some research suggested that tretinoin gel is good at fading scars, red marks, preventing wrinkles and plenty of other skin boosts. Hopefully it'll give ya nothing but good results and so far for me it's been working great.

I just rubbed in some of my retin a gel into my face tonight, it really dries into your skin and isn`t greasy at all. I will find out when i wake up in the morning what kind of side effects i will experience. They can`t be as bad as the side effects of benzoyl peroxide can they?, i sincerely hope not! eusa_pray.gif

I've been using Retin-A Micro .1% for about five weeks now and I'm starting to see improvement. I had quite a bit of a breakout around weeks 2-3, but I think it's starting to subside.

Just hang in there and you'll manage just fine!

Well, that pic was taken in July before I started breaking out like crazy. Plus, I was tan, now I'm white as white can be and recovering from a Retin-A Micro intial outbreak. Not quite as cute right now as I could be, but that's life, I guess.

Thanks for the compliment, though!!

Be careful not to overuse the gel, when applying sometimes you may feel like you don't get enough on so you may apply too much. Start slow, every other night for the first two weeks to see how much your skin can handle. With excessive peeling just reduce your dosage or time in between applications until your skin tolerates the Tretinoin better.

Remember to use sunblock, your marks will fade with usage, I'd use it until your up to nightly application for 8-12 weeks to see full results.

Good Luck!

Had a clean shave today and despite having no active acne all the red marks and blotcyness on my face just made me cry. My skin feels pretty much smoothe, its just all the marks and discolouration that makes it look shitty. This retin a seems to make the marks look darker/deeper confused.gif. However i've only been using it four dayz.

This is why i grew quite a bit of facial hair to cover up, but i felt it was just getting me no where and just hiding the problem, plus it was real itchy. My marks seem to be accumilating, the slightest/tiniest red spot leaves a mark on my face. I feel i could be using this retin a gel for months without any results, i feel so down right now. I just want to hide away cry.gif

honey, you haven't even been using it for a week yet. i should have warned you that it's gonna look a bit worse before it looks better. your face has to adjust to the medication. it really should start getting better by week 3. i know how discouraging it can be but i've seen such a major improvement i would really encourage you to stick with it!

you will be free! wink.gif

When I first starting RAM (retin-A Micro .1%) the first week, week and a half, not much happened except for some reddening of the skin and feeling dry. The acne seemed to be going away as well and then, SLA-BAM, about week 3 my face EXPLODED. Mainly around the sides of my face and jawline. It wasn't much fun, but now I'm in week 6 and my face is quite a bit better than it was. So much so, that I don't even think about it too much during the day. I do have a lot of red marks from the break out but when I have my makeup on, you can't really see them too much and they are fading, albeit slowly. I still get a few zits here and there yet, but they are so much smaller and usually only last a day or so. I have one active one on my cheek, which is a HUGE improvement from where I was just a few weeks ago.

Hang in there, Extricate, and you'll see the results soon enough.

But i am using this stuff to get rid of my red marks, no so much the acne itself because my facewash and antibiotics take care of most of that. I just want to know if this stuff will at least fade my marks to the point of being unnoticible! I mean how long will it take to see any positive results as far as this goes?