Notifications
Clear all

Acne Food

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/01/2013 10:15 am

since alot of the foods cause acne like gluten , what do you guys eat ? i mean i can never be full if i dont eat any rice or something ?

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 12/01/2013 10:42 am

as far as i know, rice is gluten-free.

i don't eat rice though.

i eat amaranth, quinoa, and sometimes millet. most of those are pseudo grains, while millet is definitely a grain.

i'm not as crazed about what i eat as i used to be. mostly because i realize what works and what doesn't work for me. personal experimentation is what works best when achieving optimal health.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/01/2013 12:38 pm

Eat other carbs like sweet potatoes & squashes. Add fat like coconut oil. And oats and buckwheat are two 'grains' for which the benefits outweigh the negatives.

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 12/01/2013 5:09 pm

change your white rice to brown rice and bread to 100% whole wheat

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 12/01/2013 6:00 pm

I'm trying to do the paleo thing but it's hard. Right now I'm just doing semi-paleo, which for me means I can eat cheese and yogurt and kefir.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 12/01/2013 6:05 pm

i was looking for a ~23 year old book (i think before the time of marketing interests in my country) and for acne it says this:

permitted foods: fresh legumes & fruits, whole grain bread (this has gluten, but i heard that in usa they over-raised the % of gluten to make bread softer), lean meat, yogurt, fresh cow cheese (back then there were no hormones injections or gmo foods in my country. i heard a farmer that it's impossible now to compete if cows are fed naturally - way too few milk production)

medicine-foods: cabbage (1glass/day for 3 weeks), spinach (boiled or raw, 200-300g/day for 3weeks) (note: i had in mind that spinnach is not ok, but follow their logic..), grapes (250g/morning, 500g/afternoon for 3weeks), pollen (2spoons/day), beer yeast (2-3spoons/day)

forbidden foods: animal fats, fermented cheese - fermented dairy, salami/sausages, food dressings (those kinds with oil i think), eggplant (!), chocholate, sweets, alcohol

phytotherapy

externally: arnica, Viola tricolor, salad (tea),

hot steam with plain water or camomile, (others which names i can't find), and after this steaming of the face skin, padding with cold water.

internally: Achillea millefolium 1glass/day. Rumex (acetosa, acetosella) 1 glass morning &1 evening.

heliotherapy: first day 5min, then daily add 5min+ till u reach 60-90min (exposure to sun)

reflexotherapy: energic massage the spots on palms and feet at the liver, kidney, and adrenal gland regions (search for them, i think they're in the middle of palms/feet).

others: propolis (20%)