Notifications
Clear all

How I Cleared My Moderately Severe Acne In 1 Week

MemberMember
(@goodlycandle)

Posted : 11/29/2013 9:17 pm

The following is my personal regimen that cleared me up extremely quickly (I still have some marks left over, however they have gone from red and very noticeable to a light pink color).

First, here is a little background information about me:

I am an 18 year old male who, for the most part, never really struggled with acne until I left home for college. I struggled with moderately severe acne for about four months, trying almost every possible product you can think of. I used abrasive scrubs, astringent toners, and many other irritating and drying products that I believed would clear my skin. The truth is, all of these products made my skin even worse, as they were too irritating! I recently found my personal regimen, that I have used for only a week, and it has cleared up by acne about 80% to 90%. Everyone is different, and I am not necessarily saying that this will work for you, but it is crucial to find your own personal regimen and stick to it. Consistency is key in combating acne.

Okay, so here it is:

Morning:

As soon as I wake up, I take a 50mg zinc gluconate pill (has anti-inflammatory which help to reduce and calm inflamed, painful acne. Also helps the skin to heal faster and supports immune health). Next I take 2 ibuprofen (also have anti-inflammatory properties and help lessen pain of acne). I then take 8 500mg B5 pills, also known as Panthothenic Acid (in a nut shell help regulate oil production in the body by creating Coenzyme-A that aids in metabolism). I then take several ice cubes and GENTLY rub each ice cube one by one on problem areas of my face (ice soothes inflamed skin). Next, I cleanse my skin with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, but any non-comedogenic, non-irratating, non-drying cleanser will do. I pat my skin dry with a soft towel, and then wait about 5-10 minutes for my skin to completely dry. Once my face is completely dry, I apply a generous amount of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and completely cover all problem areas (2.5% benzoyl peroxide is proven to be just as effective as 5% and 10% concentrations, without drying out skin as badly). I then wait 5 minutes, and apply Dan's 10% glycolic acid as a spot treatment (only a small amount is to be used, as it can potentially dry out skin). I then wait about 10 minutes, and then I gently apply Cerave Moisturizing Lotion to my face.

Afternoon: I take 8 more 500mg B5 pills.

Night:

I take 2 ibuprofen and 8 more 500mg B5 pills (total of 24 throughout the day). I then take several ice cubes and GENTLY rub each ice cube one by one on problem areas of my face. Next, I cleanse my skin with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. I pat my skin dry with a soft towel, and then wait about 5-10 minutes for my skin to completely dry. Once my face is completely dry, I apply a generous amount of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and completely cover all problem areas. I then wait 5 minutes, and apply Dan's 10% glycol acid as a spot treatment. I then wait about 10 minutes, and then I gently apply Cerave Moisturizing Lotion to my face.

That's it!

The key is to be extremely gentle with your skin. Irritation simply leads to more acne. The truth is, you do not need to use harsh chemicals and toners and scrubs in order to get clear skin. BE GENTLE.

That's pretty much it. This is my personal regimen and it has given me fantastic results. I am not necessarily saying that this will work for you, as everyone is different. The point is to find a regimen, and stick to it. Everyone wants their acne to heal as fast as possible, so in desperacy they use harsh chemicals and abrasive scrubs that simply make matters worse. Don't be discouraged if what you are doing does not work, as it can take months even years to become clear. Just hang in there and remember, consistency is crucial!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/29/2013 9:31 pm

Well i agree with be gentle , im starting to see better results now because i got rid of so many products i use because it has clogging ingredients

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/29/2013 10:26 pm

Do you really think that much B-5 is a healthy long term solution? I have heard of many people having problems from it.

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 11/30/2013 12:22 am

I tried megadosing b-5 a couple of years ago for a few months...not only did it not work, but I am now gluten-intolerant. Now, I can't confirm whether or not that's the true cause, but I'm also not the first person who's had that same reaction from it.

I would not recommend megadosing b-5 to ANYONE. It messes with your immune system.

MemberMember
(@goodlycandle)

Posted : 11/30/2013 12:56 am

For me, I naturally have oily skin. Taking mega doses of B5 helps reduce oil production, and thus makes my skin much less oily, which certainly helps. Mega dosing on B5, in my opinion, is worth a shot if nothing else seems to work, but I do not think it is good to take long term. Once your skin starts to clear, I would suggest drastically lowering the dosage and taking only a few pills a day as a "maintenance dose". However, everyone is different. You must listen to your body and if you feel sick or experience side effects from taking something, then I would certainly discontinue using it. I do believe that it is worth trying, as it does work for many people. As for people becoming gluten intolerant due to B5, I have no knowledge of this so I cannot confirm nor deny that B5 caused it.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/30/2013 1:46 am

My skin is also naturally oily. Like, less than an hour after washing oily, and changing my diet has worked well for me. I can now go about 8 hours and not get too oily. I don't want to scare you away from your new routine, but I think it's always nice to have more options.