Notifications
Clear all

Oily Hair

MemberMember
(@irma)

Posted : 11/29/2013 7:00 pm

HI everyone! i have a problem with my hair,i have oily hair and i always get pimples on my head they hurt so bad even more when i go to sleep, my dermatologist told me to use diprosalic and the shampoo nizoral but when i wash it at the end of the day they become already so oily.i was wondering if someone has the same problem has me and what they use to manage it? what shampoo do you use?

thank you.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/29/2013 8:27 pm

HI everyone! i have a problem with my hair,i have oily hair and i always get pimples on my head they hurt so bad even more when i go to sleep, my dermatologist told me to use diprosalic and the shampoo nizoral but when i wash it at the end of the day they become already so oily.i was wondering if someone has the same problem has me and what they use to manage it? what shampoo do you use?

thank you.

Hey Irma, how are you?

Nizoral is supposed to be good for scalp acne. I have oily hair sometimes, and I only wash it once every 2 days otherwise it gets even more oily. Avoid putting too much shampoo on your roots, and make sure you wash off all the product when you rinse out your shampoo.

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 11/30/2013 5:51 pm

I'm no expert in hair, but I get very mild oily hair, and use something called "Nozine Medicated" or something like that. It works really well and contains salicylic acid.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/29/2013 1:42 am

Keep it simple, and avoid conditioner and two-in-one products. I've been using Suave Naturals shampoos, they're cheap and smell nice, and they will more or less strip your hair, which is bad for people with regular or dry hair but good for us with oily hair.

I am a guy with a thick head of medium length hair (2-4 inches long)

MemberMember
(@jesse806)

Posted : 01/28/2014 9:34 pm

It could be due to hormones making your hair oily. That's my problem and I'm trying to treat it without birth control. That crap is death ahaha. You need paraben, sulfate, and silicone free shampoo. Certain ingredients can clog your pores on your scalp and will cause acne. I'm about to switch shampoo so this can fix my problem

MemberMember
(@irma)

Posted : 02/15/2015 6:03 pm

It could be due to hormones making your hair oily. That's my problem and I'm trying to treat it without birth control. That crap is death ahaha. You need paraben, sulfate, and silicone free shampoo. Certain ingredients can clog your pores on your scalp and will cause acne. I'm about to switch shampoo so this can fix my problem

hello do sulfate paraben shampoo solved your problem? :(

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 02/15/2015 7:12 pm

Try allergenics gentle medicated shampoo. It has no SLS, parabens and other bad stuff. I have seborrheic dermatitis and that is what i use. In fact any shampoo that does not have SLS and parabens would be good for you. Not washing your hair every day is not a good advice, in my opinion. There are many organic brands that sell shampoos and conditioners with good ingredients. Conditioners might not be necessary for oily hair but washing it every day should be.

hello do sulfate paraben shampoo solved your problem?

you have to use shampoo without sulfates and parabens. They will not help your hair and will make it worse.

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 03/02/2015 12:03 am

Eggs are great for conditioning your hair. Plus, egg whites combat oily hair and egg yolks are packed with protein that strengthens hair. Apply one-half cup of whisked egg white on damp hair, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, rinse it off and wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Repeat once every two weeks.

MemberMember
(@rightsmith)

Posted : 03/30/2015 5:03 am

I should use Head and Shoulder shampoo for my hair to get out of the dandruff problems. The head and Shoulder contains the Ingredients which really effect the dandruff problems.

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 05/01/2015 11:44 pm

Yes commercial shampoo are also great like Head and Shoulder or Pantene or Dove. Dove is very gentle to the scalp and my hair become so soft and with volume.