Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys I have been taking a zinc supplement for about a month and the improvement in my skin has been immense. My brother and sister have been taking it too and they have also had great results. I simply take one tablet a day and it works a treat. I would definitely recommend it.

Hey guys I have been taking a zinc supplement for about a month and the improvement in my skin has been immense. My brother and sister have been taking it too and they have also had great results. I simply take one tablet a day and it works a treat. I would definitely recommend it.

I took zinc tablets for ages years ago...unfortunately they had precisely zero effect. Glad that they are working for you though. biggrin.gif

Are you taking these?

http://www.b5clearskin.com/zinclearcap.html

Don't buy anything from B5clearskin.com because they just repackage NOW Foods vitamins, put their label on it and sell it to you for a lot more than just buying it from your local store.

I'm taking OptiZinc from NSI, bought from Vitacost. They got the best deal. OptiZinc† (Zinc Monomethionine) is the most bioavailable form of zinc you can buy, and has proven to be effective in combating skin disorders, minimizing scarring, and countless internal health benefits.

user posted image

Hi there, I am taking 'Holland and Barrett Chelated Zinc 25mg Gluconate' if that helps/means anything! I take one a day and I think my dad got it fromjust a regular pharmacy. biggrin.gif

Also, I am a guy with varying acne between mild and moderate over the years. The zinc has seemingly stopped all acne in my chin area and generally helped all over and has faded red marks great. Hope this helps. biggrin.gif

Hi there, I am taking 'Holland and Barrett Chelated Zinc 25mg Gluconate' if that helps/means anything! I take one a day and I think my dad got it fromjust a regular pharmacy. biggrin.gif

Also, I am a guy with varying acne between mild and moderate over the years. The zinc has seemingly stopped all acne in my chin area and generally helped all over and has faded red marks great. Hope this helps. biggrin.gif

How long does it take befire you start to see red marks fade?

I bought some, about $7 for 30mg, I take about 50mg a day.

Hope this stuff works smile.gif

That's why you also take muti-vitamins, since zinc will block absorbtion of certain minerals, mainly copper.

So take a 30mg pill, and a milti vitamin, and no worries smile.gif

Zinc does so much for your body, it's not just for acne, it also helps fight the flu.

I've heard that white marks on your nails mean you don't have enough zinc. Is this true, because I thought everyone had those white marks?

White marks on nails occur from the lack of zinc and b6 vitamins.

You guys aren't getting it...zinc alone won't help, you need a combination of selenium, vitamin A, vitamin E, and zinc. Since zinc blocks copper absorbtion you will also need copper in your diet, small doses though.

I thought zinc picolinate was the best form? have you guys tried murad pure skin vitamins the ingrediatents look really good. I have not used them consistnelty or long enuf so can't say if they help....But the package claims thta people noted 55% improvement in six weeks. I have mainly oiliness very mild pimples and clogged pores. actually pimples now are rare (knowck on wood) but trying to minimize my gunk filled pores...

The murad contains vitmain A, E, C, coenzymeQ 10 zince essential fatty acids like omega 3, magnesium clacium, burdock and yellowdock powder (those are the only herbs it has), biotin, grapeseed extract, b-complex calcium, magnesium, alpha lipoic acid, some pomegranite extraxct, aloe vera powder, folic acid...these are moderate doses, (ie vit, A is 4000 IU, b-complex 25 mg in 4 pills>I've only taken 1 or two a day since I mainly have clogged pores. There is one weird ingredient called "origanox" some tradmerked thingof barrington nutriceuticals...I doubt it's some herbal hormone type thing since the vitamins don't contain soy. There's also glucosamin, and chromium. None of the doses are higher than recommenede daily values it seems...I guess it's just conveneint that these separate skin enhancing vits are all in one pill.

I thought zinc picolinate was the best form? have you guys tried murad pure skin vitamins the ingrediatents look really good. I have not used them consistnelty or long enuf so can't say if they help....But the package claims thta people noted 55% improvement in six weeks. I have mainly oiliness very mild pimples and clogged pores. actually pimples now are rare (knowck on wood) but trying to minimize my gunk filled pores...

The murad contains vitmain A, E, C, coenzymeQ 10 zince essential fatty acids like omega 3, magnesium clacium, burdock and yellowdock powder (those are the only herbs it has), biotin, grapeseed extract, b-complex calcium, magnesium, alpha lipoic acid, some pomegranate extraxct, aloe vera powder, folic acid...these are moderate doses, (ie vit, A is 4000 IU, b-complex 25 mg in 4 pills>I've only taken 1 or two a day since I mainly have clogged pores. There is one weird ingredient called "origanox" some tradmerked thingof barrington nutriceuticals...I doubt it's some herbal hormone type thing since the vitamins don't contain soy. There's also glucosamin, and chromium. None of the doses are higher than recommenede daily values it seems...I guess it's just conveneint that these separate skin enhancing vits are all in one pill.