Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonshine2

ok...peel questions

Ok...Here's the thing...I was on accutane for about 5 months...then off it for about 8 months...then my doc put me back on it, but I took myself off it after just a month and a half which was not long ago. Everyone is saying 6-12 months before I can do any peels or anything, BUT, the whole time I was on accutane he just had me on 1 40mg pill per day, and I took myself off it cuz it wasn't even drying my skin out anymore, in fact I could barely even tell I was on it and I saw no improvements in my skin due to the fact IMHO that they spots I was dealing with were infections under the skin of my neck due to ingrown hairs. That all being said...I still have big, ugly red and brown marks from those spots...I really want to do like a home peel or something...and I know if I just came off like a long course of accutane, it would be out, but I feel like my skin could take it...does anyone think this might be alright?? How deep do the home peels go and how much do they injure your skin? If it's just gonna make some skin flake off, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, but I don't really know cuz I've never done it. If you guys could be kind enough to suggest something that might work...I'd like to do something with no downtime, but I need to get at least a couple of layers down I think to touch these red marks...I was thinking about trying the neutrogena advanced solutions peel, but I don't really believe that it's gonna go deep enough to touch the marks, but anything might help reduce them a little at least I guess...Thanks guys

Howdy, you should not use any peels if you just got off accutane. Ask your doctor if he could prescribe Tri-luma to spot treat the marks. Good luck

dude, accutane doesnt work in a month, it took me 4months to be clear (started in august, clear in november, last pill in early january), and a big part of my acne was due to ingrown hair too. i guess you should go on with your treatment

dude, accutane doesnt work in a month, it took me 4months to be clear (started in august, clear in november, last pill in early january), and a big part of my acne was due to ingrown hair too. i guess you should go on with your treatment

I don't think you will have "permanent marks" like you seem to think. You really should do some more research about ingrown hairs, they are usually easy to prevent by proper shaving methods, exfoliating, not shaving too close, etc.

I don't think you will have "permanent marks" like you seem to think. You really should do some more research about ingrown hairs, they are usually easy to prevent by proper shaving methods, exfoliating, not shaving too close, etc.