Relatively Unhappy-...

Notifications
Clear all

Relatively Unhappy- When Should I Quit?

MemberMember
(@juicyprison)

Posted : 11/26/2013 11:23 pm

First of all, I've been on The Regimen for roughly 2 months- and I know, many people say that they finally clear after 3 months.

However, even if I do eventually clear, I'm not sure if it is worth staying on the regimen. Before, I had moderate acne. I would have the occasional pimple, but when I had it it would be a huge cystic pimple normally on my forehead. The rest of my face had raised bumps of acne that would eventually form and it was not entirely smooth.

Initially I went from that to having greater acne due to those bumps being purged out.

Eventually that acne was clear although at the cost of having hyperpigmented skin. I've never had a problem with hyperpigmentation because it would normally occur ocassionally and clear over time. But now, since all the acne has come out, it has become quite noticeable. However, I was actually happy that this purging occurred, I thought my skin would be cleared afterwards.

BUT, new acne is still forming and it is at a rate that is perhaps greater than when I was not on the regimen. The only improvement I seem to have is that the cystic acne on my forehead no longer appears, or if it does, the pimple is much smaller. But overall, I have more pimples now AND hyperpigmentation. To make things worse, it appears that redness from the BP is still present. Plus, from BP makes skin imperfections like hyperpigmentation take even longer to heal.

My plan is this: I have purchased aha+ and it should come soon. If aha+ does not help this situation improve significantly, I will go to a dermatologist. I'm giving the regimen 3 more weeks before I abandon it and go for more extreme options like Accutane. However, I am quite tempted to quit now... I'm risking having even more hyperpigmentation which will take months to heal.

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 11/27/2013 7:58 pm

I'd wait for the AHA+. I honestly think that will help you out. I recently started using AHA+ on my body (not my face) - maybe two or three months ago. I'm someone that has had body acne for a LONG time (maybe 8 years or so) and could never really shake it. My own cousin made fun of me for having it! But, after using AHA+ for a few months, most of the spots I used it on have dissipated.

As far as quitting the regimen and doing something else, I say stick with it a little while longer, however tough or unnecessary it may seem. Some people say "don't plan to fail." But honestly, plan to succeed *and* plan to fail. Just don't dwell on failing. And, as far as Accutane goes, I'd recommend considering everything out there before settling on it. I've heard of many negative side effects that go hand in hand with using it.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mommypretty)

Posted : 11/27/2013 8:16 pm

First of all, I've been on The Regimen for roughly 2 months- and I know, many people say that they finally clear after 3 months.

However, even if I do eventually clear, I'm not sure if it is worth staying on the regimen. Before, I had moderate acne. I would have the occasional pimple, but when I had it it would be a huge cystic pimple normally on my forehead. The rest of my face had raised bumps of acne that would eventually form and it was not entirely smooth.

Initially I went from that to having greater acne due to those bumps being purged out.

Eventually that acne was clear although at the cost of having hyperpigmented skin. I've never had a problem with hyperpigmentation because it would normally occur ocassionally and clear over time. But now, since all the acne has come out, it has become quite noticeable. However, I was actually happy that this purging occurred, I thought my skin would be cleared afterwards.

BUT, new acne is still forming and it is at a rate that is perhaps greater than when I was not on the regimen. The only improvement I seem to have is that the cystic acne on my forehead no longer appears, or if it does, the pimple is much smaller. But overall, I have more pimples now AND hyperpigmentation. To make things worse, it appears that redness from the BP is still present. Plus, from BP makes skin imperfections like hyperpigmentation take even longer to heal.

My plan is this: I have purchased aha+ and it should come soon. If aha+ does not help this situation improve significantly, I will go to a dermatologist. I'm giving the regimen 3 more weeks before I abandon it and go for more extreme options like Accutane. However, I am quite tempted to quit now... I'm risking having even more hyperpigmentation which will take months to heal.

We have the same situation, i have so many hyperpigmentation all over my face. Sometimes i regret using the regimen because i only have few acne before but when i started the regimen, i wake up like 5 breakouts everyday.. I was thinking it purged out.. Now i have like scars... I have an appointment with the dermatologist on december already and im giving up the regimen soon...

MemberMember
(@juicyprison)

Posted : 11/28/2013 12:18 am

Just got the AHA+ today. I'll try and keep you guys updated since it seems that other people suffer from the same problems I face.

MemberMember
(@juicyprison)

Posted : 11/30/2013 11:31 pm

So far, my face has been improving since adding aha+. All my current pimples from the beginning of the week (around 8-10) have been going down and no new big pimples are appearing. I do have some new small pimples, but if it stays that way, it will be no problem.

However, three variables have changed

1) I've been back home the past week where I'm using well water that is clean enough to drink without filtration vs. college chlorine water which I believe broke me out in the first place.

2) Added aha+

3) Started using more BP. I went from a thin finger length to a thick finger length.

When I head back to college and start using the chlorine water again and if my acne still seems to be getting better, then perhaps I can attribute it to the AHA+. Or maybe my face is simply better because of continued prolonged use of the regimen.

MemberMember
(@mommypretty)

Posted : 12/01/2013 9:40 am

That's good news then. Let me know if the scars fade. ;)

MemberMember
(@unluckyy)

Posted : 12/03/2013 3:54 pm

As they say Aha is not required element, in the beginning it causes even more irritation and can obviously cause breakouts, after a while it makes a skin a bit smoother, less dry coz its kinda greasier than moisturizer, but the effect is just transient. 2 pumps of bp was way to much for my skin alongside with pathetic Dans moisture formula. Last hope is accutane, but i have moderate acne with pimple here and there but the pigmentation stays like forever.

MemberMember
(@eq2008)

Posted : 12/03/2013 8:01 pm

I would also look into getting a different moisturizer if you are using the regimen moisturizer. It's oil base and has jojoba oil. I can't use this moisturizer for this reason. My pores get clogged and break out. I use Olay complete lotion for sensitive skin without problem. Been using this for many years.

MemberMember
(@juicyprison)

Posted : 12/05/2013 1:18 am

So far, my face is actually looking pretty good!

I'm getting primarily small pimples and redness has gone down a bit since using the AHA+. A large issue with the regimen is having a discolored face. I THINK the AHA+ is helping to even out my tone.

However, this could just be a phase. Sometimes I have phases of being clear and phases of breaking out. So only time will tell.

MemberMember
(@juicyprison)

Posted : 12/15/2013 10:34 pm

Nope face is worse again. I thought it was getting better, but nope.

I'm going to see a dermatologist when I get back from college. I'll do whatever is necessary; even if that means accutane.