Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
delna

GUYS, GIRLS.....THIS THING ROCKS!!

hey folks, i bought this AWESOME product from Prescriptives. Its called Exact matchstick long-wear foundation. I used it for a week before posting this review coz i wanted to make sure its good before I get all of u excited! biggrin.gif

okay...here's what happened.

I went to the counter and a nice lady..no..she was not a perfect baby-skinned barbie doll..she had freckles and spots just like the rest of us..which is exactly why i warmed up to her..i felt so comfy with her! she understood exactly what i was looking for. i told her i need something which will not make me look made-up but shd be easy and fast to apply at the same time...but it shdnt look cakey or cause break-outs..+ it shd have sunscreen. Well that was a lot to ask for...but arent we all looking for something like that razz.gif ?she just smiled and said, 'i have exactly what u r looking for' and showed me a few shades of this concealer stick. i tried it and goodness! the coverage was so NATURAL!! i dint look as if im trying to hide my spots at all! im Asian and to date ive never found anything which matches my skin tone as well as this! the color is warm-beige 06. its a little expensive at 37$ but believe me...I DONT REGRET IT! its so easy to apply and i just have to use some powder to set it and IM ALL SET TO GO! I LOVE IT! well..im sure u understood that from my excitement... lol.gifeusa_dance.gif

I use it too, and it is really good.For folks who like full coverage, you can use their Photochrome base with the Exactmatchstick as a concealer because the colors are the same. I like that because sometimes I can't get the concealer close enough in color, which defeats the purpose. I suggest you also pop for the foundation brush. It makes applying either product goof proof.One caveat with the Exactmatchstick is it doesn't work too well on the under eye area because it has a powder finish. Prescriptives makes a product called Camouflage Cream that is better for the under eye area. It really helps cover not only my blemish marks but my melasma too. biggrin.gif

hey folks, i bought this AWESOME product from Prescriptives. Its called Exact matchstick long-wear foundation. I used it for a week before posting this review coz i wanted to make sure its good before I get all of u excited! biggrin.gif 

okay...here's what happened.

I went to the counter and a nice lady..no..she was not a perfect baby-skinned barbie doll..she had freckles and spots just like the rest of us..which is exactly why i warmed up to her..i felt so comfy with her! she understood exactly what i was looking for. i told her i need something which will not make me look made-up but shd be easy and fast to apply at the same time...but it shdnt look cakey or cause break-outs..+ it shd have sunscreen. Well that was a lot to ask for...but arent we all looking for something like that razz.gif ?she just smiled and said, 'i have exactly what u r looking for' and showed me a few shades of this concealer stick. i tried it and goodness! the coverage was so NATURAL!! i dint look as if im trying to hide my spots at all! im Asian and to date ive never found anything which matches my skin tone as well as this! the color is warm-beige 06. its a little expensive at 37$ but believe me...I DONT REGRET IT! its so easy to apply and i just have to use some powder to set it and IM ALL SET TO GO! I LOVE IT! well..im sure u understood that from my excitement... lol.gif  eusa_dance.gif

Hi,

I'm an "old" person & I've been using Prescriptives since it came out. It's an Estee Lauder company. I love their products & I've consistently had a similar counter experience--wonderful!

If you haven't been colorprinted, you should do so--then you'll know which color family you are in. Makes buying makeup anywhere much easier & more fun!

It is a bit spendy, tho, but if I need a pick-me-up I'll go check out their lipsticks. If i want something wild, I'll get something from my "opposite" color family.

Exactmatchstick can be used as a concealer or a foundation.Delna is using it as a foundation and I use it more as a concealer. It is a creme to powder formula.Prescriptives also makes a creme to powder compact for oily/problem skins called Photochrome, which is the base I use most often.Both are long lasting. Photochrome is full coverage and Exactmatchstick is medium coverage.

Gloss.com sells it.Have you bought it before? It is tough to judge the color on the Web.You might want to get colorprinted in person before you buy it online.I am assuming you're a guy.Prescriptives deals with a fairly large male clientele according to my rep at my local mall.She sells to a lot of local TV personalities in my city. Just go at slow time, mid afternoon or later evening on a weeknight, if you don't like crowds.I think you'll like the results.