Notifications
Clear all

Healing Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@lolitainthehood)

Posted : 11/25/2013 2:51 am

Hey all, this is my personal log of going ALL NATURAL and that means I will start to stop using chemicals on my face. Join me in my quest of healing my oily skin.

My history:

- Started to get cystic acne when I was 10

- When i was 11, blackheads started forming on my nose, it went to my cheeks and chin as well

- For years I have been battling against BLACKHEADS, pustules, cystic acne that couldn't heal itself even for months

- Oily skin destroyed my self confidence

- The worst area of blackheads is my nose

- I have been through Retin-A(did make my acne and blackheads slightly better, but not oily skin)

- I DID NOT gone through Accutane. I refuse to.

- NO antibiotics, no oral medications, that's my rule

Few days ago, I discovered that i should never work against oily skin. I should work with it. And i've been researching about healing my oily skin, i started my new regimen 3 days ago:

-Discarding all the chemical cleansers!

- pH balancing my skin

- Using the right cleansing methods

- Moisturizing with the right techniques

I'm not sure how this will turn out but I'm on day 3 and i'm already feeling good!

AM: Honey cleansing method (if i have more time i put raw honey for 30minutes), pure cinnamon scrub, salicylic acid spray, and moisturising with hemp oil

PM: OCM with only hemp oil

Mask: Clay mask with Aloe vera Gel

Why hemp oil?

Hemp oil is high in Linoleic acid which skin is deficient in, and hence producing oleic acid that is thick and pore clogging. Hemp oil has comedogenic value of 0.

So far, hemp oil seems to be a very light weight moisturiser that absorbs well when put on skin.

I'll be sticking to this regimen for at least a month!

xx

MemberMember
(@lolitainthehood)

Posted : 11/27/2013 5:38 am

Day5: About 2-3 pimples I broke out from a chemical peel I did a week ago is gone. My skin is less oily by about 40% i would say. My cheeks and not as oily as it was and my nose is still oily but definitely a lot less. The pustules are all gone. Personally, i feel my oil glands are made to produce lots of oil due to "habit" of washing with chemicals that dry my skin out. I am trying to condition my skin to produce less oil with hemp oil.

I will update again xx

MemberMember
(@non-fictional-fangirl)

Posted : 11/27/2013 5:37 pm

Sounds good that you started doing more natural methods, which are the most effective way to get rid of pimples and have less scarring.

I have heard of the honey cleansing method but I was too scared to try it. How are y doing it?

Just out of curiosity, are you doing a clay mask every day? I have heard it dries out skin, and no matter how natural it is should only be done once a week at most.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@lolitainthehood)

Posted : 11/29/2013 12:40 pm

Sounds good that you started doing more natural methods, which are the most effective way to get rid of pimples and have less scarring.

I have heard of the honey cleansing method but I was too scared to try it. How are y doing it?

Just out of curiosity, are you doing a clay mask every day? I have heard it dries out skin, and no matter how natural it is should only be done once a week at most.

Good luck! smile.png

Hey there! Thanks for the heads up!

So far, the honey cleansing method has healed up my pustules and pimples, within days! It's amazing so far. I use raw honey, and I leave it on my skin for longer if i have more time. Sometimes, i would put some cinnamon and exfoliate as well.

Do check out love vitamin and empowered sustenance's websites. They explain very well on natural methods.

I've been using clay masks once every 3-4 days as well! So far I've added ACV, and on another occasion I added aloe vera gel. Hemp oil seems to be working well. So far no extra clogged pores and my blackheads seem to be getting smaller in depth.

I can't really conclude right now yet and I'll leave it for 30 days at least to say 🙂

good luck!!

Good luck! smile.png

Oh and i forgot to mention!

I am using a 2% salicylic toner to dissolve my blackheads. Hemp oil is used to adjust my oily skin