Notifications
Clear all

Dermabrasion + Recell + Co2

MemberMember
(@phoenix82)

Posted : 11/24/2013 7:03 am

Four days ago (11/20/2013) I had dermbarsion, co2 laser and recell performed by Dr. Maini in Nottingham.

Today I got the bandages off. While I™m too red to make a final assessment, I am optimistic that I will have a good outcome from the procedure.

The procedure was carried out under local anesthesia. I™m not a huge fan of needles, so getting the injections was not too pleasant. Then the doctor took the skin sample for the recell. He took the skin from behind my left ear. The C02 laser was performed next. He did one pass of the CO2RE laser using the œdeep setting. Which means he making small deep injuries into the dermis. The CO2 was performed over my whole face, neck, and forehead. Following that he dermabraded my creeks using a dermasander (basically looked like a fancy piece of sandpaper). Generally Avita (maker of recell) recommend being conservative with the dermabrasion and only going to pinpoint bleeding. I asked Dr. Maini to be more aggressive, based on the papers I had read of the effectiveness of dermabrasion. There was quite a bit of blood, but the dermabrasion was not painful. The most painful part of the operation was when he was lasering around the edges of the face where I wasn™t completely numb.

I™ve uploaded a bunch of before pictures to my gallery. You can see I have fairly extensive scarring around my cheeks, jawline and temples. Dr Maini said that dermabrading the neck area is not recommended due to the risk of additional scarring. He did laser the area.

I™ve also uploaded two pictures from today into my gallery. You can see that I am quite red at this point, but I™m also optimistic. The doctor thought that I am healing quite well.

post-214025-0-33223600-1385294536.jpg

post-214025-0-86825500-1385478784.jpg

RiceX liked
MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 11/24/2013 10:29 am

Seems like a good combo treatment. Hope it works out well for you.

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 11/24/2013 10:56 am

Thanks! Do you have any before pictures? Good luck with healing and I hope you will be happy with your results. I have been considering Recell also with Jeremy Rawlins.

MemberMember
(@phoenix82)

Posted : 11/24/2013 11:17 am

Here are a couple of the before pictures. I posted a bunch more in my gallery.

post-214025-0-71138800-1385309760.jpg

post-214025-0-98781700-1385309812.jpg

Wrocky liked
MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/24/2013 11:36 am

Good luck with healing! I hope you get good results, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :) It sounds like a very effective combo treatment at least.

If I had all the money and downtime in the world, I'd try dermabrasion + Recell too, possibly laser as well. Maybe I will some day. Since you seem to have mostly rolling scars, you should try subcision at some point if you haven't yet for added improvement.

Please keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/24/2013 5:44 pm

good luck with the treatment man! I had a dermabrasion and the dr could not stress putting enough of the guaze in order to avoid scabs.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 11/25/2013 10:19 am

So glad someone is updating on Recell. Good luck to you! How much did the procedure cost?

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/25/2013 11:19 am

So glad someone is updating on Recell. Good luck to you! How much did the procedure cost?

4500 definately not cheap

MemberMember
(@phoenix82)

Posted : 11/26/2013 10:08 am

Here are a couple photos from today (Day 6). Not too much to report at this point. I'm still very red.

post-214025-0-55325500-1385478500.jpg

post-214025-0-73870000-1385478526.jpg

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 11/26/2013 11:21 pm

If you dont mind me asking, that deep "hole" next to your mouth(your left side/right side in these pics), is it from acne or something else? I dont think laser or dermabrasion can fix that, filler would really help with that one.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/27/2013 12:18 am

Good luck! You should also ask your doctor if there are any supplements you can take to aid healing, like vitamin C.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/29/2013 10:33 pm

Good luck man. Hope the healing goes well and thanks for sharing your experience. I also agree that some subcision followed by filler might help with the scar near your mouth.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/30/2013 4:12 am

i think it looks smoother for sure, keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 11/30/2013 5:45 am

Best of luck! Cannot wait to continue following your progress. rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/30/2013 8:07 pm

great progress and healing so far.

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 12/01/2013 10:35 am

Four days ago (11/20/2013) I had dermbarsion, co2 laser and recell performed by Dr. Maini in Nottingham.

Today I got the bandages off. While Im too red to make a final assessment, I am optimistic that I will have a good outcome from the procedure.

The procedure was carried out under local anesthesia. Im not a huge fan of needles, so getting the injections was not too pleasant. Then the doctor took the skin sample for the recell. He took the skin from behind my left ear. The C02 laser was performed next. He did one pass of the CO2RE laser using the deep setting. Which means he making small deep injuries into the dermis. The CO2 was performed over my whole face, neck, and forehead. Following that he dermabraded my creeks using a dermasander (basically looked like a fancy piece of sandpaper). Generally Avita (maker of recell) recommend being conservative with the dermabrasion and only going to pinpoint bleeding. I asked Dr. Maini to be more aggressive, based on the papers I had read of the effectiveness of dermabrasion. There was quite a bit of blood, but the dermabrasion was not painful. The most painful part of the operation was when he was lasering around the edges of the face where I wasnt completely numb.

Ive uploaded a bunch of before pictures to my gallery. You can see I have fairly extensive scarring around my cheeks, jawline and temples. Dr Maini said that dermabrading the neck area is not recommended due to the risk of additional scarring. He did laser the area.

Ive also uploaded two pictures from today into my gallery. You can see that I am quite red at this point, but Im also optimistic. The doctor thought that I am healing quite well.

Hey Phoenix, any updates, its been 11 days since you did your treatment? I am very interested in your results. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@phoenix82)

Posted : 12/02/2013 12:54 pm

So far I'm still pretty red, but it fades a little each day. I'll post some new pictures on Wednesday which will be the 2 week mark.

At this point I'd say its smoother but, but my scars are still visible. The doctor did emphasis that this would probably be the case and that I should wait 1 year to judge the final results. I also talked to some other patients who said their scars returned after the procedure. Still, its a little depressing to see the scars come back. I'd hoped that if the dermabrasion was aggressive at least some of the scars would be eliminated. I don't know how the skin knows to regrow the scar if it is completely sanded off.

Anyways, it's a waiting game now. I'll keep you guys updated.

Wrocky liked
MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 12/02/2013 1:35 pm

good luck

MemberMember
(@phoenix82)

Posted : 12/04/2013 7:05 pm

Here are the 2 week pictures. You can see I'm still red. As I mentioned in the last post, my scars are all pretty visible at this point. The coloring is a bit patchy, which makes the texture look a little strange. It will be interesting to see how the scars heal over the next few months. Based on how my scars look now, I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be massive improvement to the point where I don't have to worry about the scars. But I'm still optimistic I'll see some meaningful results.

wrocky,

I had a Mixto laser that left me with a little damage on my lower left mouth area. The skin is a little wavy. This might be what caused that. The lighting in those pictures is directly above my face (1 ft away). I think it greatly exaggerates the extent of that indent. Generally its not something that is super obvious or bothers me much when I look in the mirror.

Let me know if anyone has any questions,

post-214025-0-00028900-1386201884.jpg

post-214025-0-40720500-1386201887.jpg

post-214025-0-27948700-1386201890.jpg

post-214025-0-57627500-1386201894.jpg

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 12/06/2013 5:51 pm

Looking good!

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 12/06/2013 9:42 pm

Here are the 2 week pictures. You can see I'm still red. As I mentioned in the last post, my scars are all pretty visible at this point. The coloring is a bit patchy, which makes the texture look a little strange. It will be interesting to see how the scars heal over the next few months. Based on how my scars look now, I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be massive improvement to the point where I don't have to worry about the scars. But I'm still optimistic I'll see some meaningful results.

wrocky,

I had a Mixto laser that left me with a little damage on my lower left mouth area. The skin is a little wavy. This might be what caused that. The lighting in those pictures is directly above my face (1 ft away). I think it greatly exaggerates the extent of that indent. Generally its not something that is super obvious or bothers me much when I look in the mirror.

Thanks, wow I didnt know a laser can do that. Was it the laser or doctor in your opinion? Thanks again for sharing photos and your updates.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 12/06/2013 10:49 pm

OP is this your first dermabrasion/recell/co2? I ask because i have read that people need multiple treatments of dermabrasion/co2 over years to see the best results

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 12/18/2013 10:48 pm

wrocky,

Hey just wondering, how are you results? I am really interested in your progress as I am considering this treatment also.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 01/21/2014 7:28 pm

Update?

MemberMember
(@leo7)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:28 pm

Thank u for posting and I hope u can come back and update us. I also have laser damage. It's completely ruined my skin and i am hoping and praying this could be a cure. Scared to death of it also.