Notifications
Clear all

Should I Bring Up My Skin Flaws To This Chick I Haven't Met Yet But Am About To?

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 11/24/2013 2:54 am

This chick, who lives in the same city, sent me a message on fb a couple of weeks ago and we immediately hit it off, pretty much been talking every day and we made plans to meet in a few days. See, my skin looks great in my pics and on cam, and she's even commented on how great my complexion is numerous times. But in person my complexion is far from great, it's uneven with mild acne, insanely oily with enlarged pores. It's going to be awkward if I bring it up out of the blue before meeting and it's also going to be awkward if I don't bring it up since she'll be expecting flawless skin when seeing me in person only to see the flaws I've described. So what would you do?

MemberMember
(@solaire)

Posted : 11/24/2013 3:46 am

Man, I've been in the same boat as you and still find myself in this type of situation. I've seen two answers. The first is to tell her. Just get it off of your chest and be honest. If she's cool with it then she's worth seeing, if she's not then she wasn't worth your time. The second answer I've gotten was to not bring it up at all. That telling her about your skin would just make the situation worse and she would focus on that more than anything else. I lean towards the telling her answer. I like to be honest with my dates and try not to leave them with any surprises. Whatever you decide to do I hope it works out.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 11/24/2013 5:13 am

Man, I've been in the same boat as you and still find myself in this type of situation. I've seen two answers. The first is to tell her. Just get it off of your chest and be honest. If she's cool with it then she's worth seeing, if she's not then she wasn't worth your time. The second answer I've gotten was to not bring it up at all. That telling her about your skin would just make the situation worse and she would focus on that more than anything else. I lean towards the telling her answer. I like to be honest with my dates and try not to leave them with any surprises. Whatever you decide to do I hope it works out.

Yeah, if I did bring it up, I'm pretty sure she'll still want to meet, but like you said, she might notice it more and focus on it lol.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 11/24/2013 7:45 am

I wouldnt even bring it up man. I realize it may make you feel better but like you said dont bring attention to it. She is either going to accept you or not whether you tell her about it or she if she even notices / cares to begin with. Besides in most cares we think its 100 times worse than it really is to begin with.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/24/2013 10:55 am

I would try zinc for a week. See if it helps, I bet it will. Especially about your oily skin (which may be causing your acne)..

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/24/2013 12:12 pm

No no no no.

Also, don't call them "chicks".

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/24/2013 12:58 pm

setting yourself up for disappointment lol

MemberMember
(@triplen)

Posted : 11/24/2013 3:51 pm

Don't even worry about it, it's not like you cake on makeup before every cam session. Besides if she's really that great she won't even care.

Who knows, maybe she has a bad complexion too ;)

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 11/25/2013 1:36 am

No no no no.

Also, don't call them "chicks".

K. I'll take it into consideration and get back to you.

setting yourself up for disappointment lol

Maybe lol, you never know with online. But at least I know she's not using fake pics.

I would try zinc for a week. See if it helps, I bet it will. Especially about your oily skin (which may be causing your acne)..

I've tried zinc before for oily skin but it didn't help.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 11/25/2013 2:05 am

Thanks for all the responses, everyone, the date/hangout got postponed to this Saturday, so that gives me a little time to decide but I'm most likely not going to say anything like most of you suggested and just hope she won't care. My pimples don't really bother me as they come and go, it's really only the oiliness and enlarged pores that I'm insecure about, so if anyone has the same problem and knows a quick fix, I'd love to hear about it.

MemberMember
(@solaire)

Posted : 11/25/2013 3:17 am

I've never tried it but probably will sometime soon, blotting paper/sheets. Suppose to help with oily skin.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/25/2013 9:17 am

those blottin

I've never tried it but probably will sometime soon, blotting paper/sheets. Suppose to help with oily skin.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/26/2013 1:29 am

I've tried zinc before for oily skin but it didn't help.

There are different kinds of zinc..