Notifications
Clear all

Gonna Get Accutane

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 11/23/2013 7:15 pm

So 2 days ago, I went to the dermatologist, keep in mind i had the mind set of telling her what She's GONNA do. So we got in and even tho I've had acne for 2.5 years, I had to take an acne class with 6 teens to see the cause and treatment, blah blah blah. So i went to the Nurse practioner and i said, ''Listen, I'm not trying to be a douche but I've tried all the products on your list that your gonna give me, as you can see, I have moderate grade ll acne with oily skin, is it possible that I can get accutane, I want to be the alpha male again''

she said, ''you impressed me by being smart about acne and I can see you do have oily skin and thats the cause, I will give you my way first then in 2 months, no results, I'll be more than happy to give you 40MG Accutane for the first 2 months then 60 for the remainder, it works wonders for inflamed acne and you have that so I'll take care of it after 2 months, But today You can have your lab test so in 2 months, we can immedialty start it.''

See guys, i am 15, its not hard to get accutane, you have to be nice and know your information and compromise with your doctor.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/24/2013 11:31 am

I'm not calling your derm a liar, but see, you haven't actually got Accutane.. Notsrs.

Not to discourage you, but you should hope the other treatment gives you pleasing results. At 15, I would wait at least a couple of years before ever trying Accutane. I waited 7 years with (4 with) severe cystic acne. I do not regret waiting.

Also, be aware that Accutane may cause your bones to stop growing.

Good luck. :)

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 11/24/2013 4:13 pm

I'm not calling your derm a liar, but see, you haven't actually got Accutane.. Notsrs.

Not to discourage you, but you should hope the other treatment gives you pleasing results. At 15, I would wait at least a couple of years before ever trying Accutane. I waited 7 years with (4 with) severe cystic acne. I do not regret waiting.

Good luck. smile.png

oh, my height is 5'4 can it most likely stop me from growing??

Good luck. smile.png

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 11/25/2013 11:37 am

I'm 15 and finished my course of Accutane 1 month ago.

Although I see the above poster's concerns, I do not regret taking Accutane at such a young age. Acne has already ruined my confidence throughout too many of my teenage years, I refuse to let that happen anymore.

Yes, one of the side effects can be that your bones stop growing and, teenagers especially, can experience joint pains as I did. These are just two of the huge list of side effects associated with this drug, you really need to do your research before considering this treatment.

If your acne upsets you so much that you're willing to risk your health then do it, but just know what you're possibly letting yourself in for.

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 11/25/2013 11:56 am

Although I see the above poster's concerns, I do not regret taking Accutane at such a young age. Acne has already ruined my confidence throughout too many of my teenage years, I refuse to let that happen anymore.

Yes, one of the side effects can be that your bones stop growing and, teenagers especially, can experience joint pains as I did. These are just two of the huge list of side effects associated with this drug, you really need to do your research before considering this treatment.

If your acne upsets you so much that you're willing to risk your health then do it, but just know what you're possibly letting yourself in for.

hello there, do you think you stopped growing or are you still gonna grow??

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 11/25/2013 12:02 pm

hello there, do you think you stopped growing or are you still gonna grow??

I know I haven't grown since starting Accutane but I haven't grown in years so I know this has nothing to do with the Accutane, I've just stopped growing.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/26/2013 1:50 am

I don't know the certainty of bone growth, but I'm sure a lot of people here do. I'm sure with a quick google search you can find out :)

Btw, by your picture it doesn't look like your acne is very bad :) How would you say it is?

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 11/26/2013 1:40 pm

I don't know the certainty of bone growth, but I'm sure a lot of people here do. I'm sure with a quick google search you can find out smile.png

Btw, by your picture it doesn't look like your acne is very bad smile.png How would you say it is?

haha, buddy that is from an airbrush ap. if it was my real face, youd see the difference, and my doctor said it only happens if you take several courses of it.