Notifications
Clear all

Dry, Cracked, Inflamed Skin Product Advice. Please Help

MemberMember
(@mesha)

Posted : 11/23/2013 4:18 pm

Due to the onset of winter in the uk I am experiencing blotchy, dry, cracking , bleeding and painful skin. I have been using a zinc gel on my active acne during the summer and have still been applying it this past week but I really need to put something on my skin that won't cause a flare up, but that will aid healing and that I can maybe apply once every couple of days. I have extremely dry skin, but it also has a tendency to be combination also. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/26/2013 7:10 pm

Due to the onset of winter in the uk I am experiencing blotchy, dry, cracking , bleeding and painful skin. I have been using a zinc gel on my active acne during the summer and have still been applying it this past week but I really need to put something on my skin that won't cause a flare up, but that will aid healing and that I can maybe apply once every couple of days. I have extremely dry skin, but it also has a tendency to be combination also. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks smile.png

Hey Mesha,

I forgot to respond to your PM but I will soon. Just wanted to ask if you tried honey masks. Zinc can be a bit drying, esp. in the winter.

MemberMember
(@mesha)

Posted : 11/27/2013 5:08 am

Due to the onset of winter in the uk I am experiencing blotchy, dry, cracking , bleeding and painful skin. I have been using a zinc gel on my active acne during the summer and have still been applying it this past week but I really need to put something on my skin that won't cause a flare up, but that will aid healing and that I can maybe apply once every couple of days. I have extremely dry skin, but it also has a tendency to be combination also. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Hey Mesha,

I forgot to respond to your PM but I will soon. Just wanted to ask if you tried honey masks. Zinc can be a bit drying, esp. in the winter.

Hi wishclean,

Thanks for responding 🙂

I haven't tried a honey mask, I'm very nervous about using one as my skin is now so sensitive, for example , if my hair brushes against my face I usually end up with a breakout on that area. I am not doing the caveman regimen as such, but I've only washed my face in warm water for about 6 months and I don't wear makeup any more ( which has been quite liberating) Should I be using a moisturiser at all ? The odd thing is that at this moment, my skin is neither dry or oily...gosh this is confusing.

Pm when you can 🙂

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/27/2013 4:10 pm

Due to the onset of winter in the uk I am experiencing blotchy, dry, cracking , bleeding and painful skin. I have been using a zinc gel on my active acne during the summer and have still been applying it this past week but I really need to put something on my skin that won't cause a flare up, but that will aid healing and that I can maybe apply once every couple of days. I have extremely dry skin, but it also has a tendency to be combination also. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks smile.png

Hey Mesha,

Hi wishclean,

Thanks for responding smile.png

I haven't tried a honey mask, I'm very nervous about using one as my skin is now so sensitive, for example , if my hair brushes against my face I usually end up with a breakout on that area. I am not doing the caveman regimen as such, but I've only washed my face in warm water for about 6 months and I don't wear makeup any more ( which has been quite liberating) Should I be using a moisturiser at all ? The odd thing is that at this moment, my skin is neither dry or oily...gosh this is confusing.

Pm when you can smile.png

My hair does that to my face too, so annoying. A moisturizer can help, but you have to find the right one. I'm still looking for the perfect moisturizer. right now I use one that doubles as a primer and moisturizer in the AM, and image ormedics night cream for PM.

Honey is what I use when my face is really sensitive. It calms down irritation, it's very gentle. If you want to try it, just spot treat and leave it on for about 20 mins. I leave it on my face for hours sometimes and when I wash it off my face feels really smooth.

I'll PM you soon, I'm glad you got some lab work done!xxx