My Skin Looks Horri...

Notifications
Clear all

My Skin Looks Horrible With Make Up ....the Flakiness Is Horrible

MemberMember
(@rooseleneg)

Posted : 11/23/2013 3:01 pm

I only wear make up when I'm going out somewhere important. The flakiness is beyond annoying. I just started using the jojoba oil and it makes my skin so greasy. After a month of the regimen I'm only use the Bp at night... The other two I use in the morning. What can I do to help with the dryness and flakiness. I love the results but I can't deal with the flakiness

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/23/2013 6:19 pm

I've found that Dan's moisturizer wasn't enough for me, even with jojoba oil. For a month or so, I used Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion with the jojoba oil. This stuff is THICK and a tad greasy, so a primer under your makeup would be good if you decide to use this. A bit more pricier alternative is Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel followed with Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense. You don't need much of the Clinique product, so in the long run, the extra money spent could be well worth it. These two work so well together, you don't need the jojoba oil. At least I didn't in my case. Hope this helps! Glad The Regimen is working for you!

MemberMember
(@rooseleneg)

Posted : 11/27/2013 12:28 am

That's a lot of stuff lol but if it works for you that's wonderful. I will definitely try the Clinique . Thank you.

MemberMember
(@annafabbanana)

Posted : 12/02/2013 7:27 pm

Hello! I wear makeup almost everyday or bb cream. Dans moisturizer really doesn't work very well. I use cetphil moisturizer. And OMG it made a WORLD of difference. No more flakes or dryness and my makeup goes on smooth.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 12/21/2013 1:22 pm

Try using a primer/BB cream after you moisturize, before your foundation. And also use a foundation appropriate for your skin. Avoid anything that says shine free, oil free, etc. those are meant for oily people like me. Anything that says luminous, moisturizing, etc would be good. Covergirl whipped cream foundation is good for people with dry/flaky skin! Hope this helps and good luck!

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/21/2013 9:17 pm

To get rid of the shine from moisturizer use CVS oil absorbent sheets. Switch to AHA and you won't get no more flakes.