Notifications
Clear all

Non-Bp Alternatives?

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 11/22/2013 3:45 pm

Over the years, I've used various BP products e.g. Panoxyl, Dan's 2.5% regime.

I've never really thought they had much effect. I've not tried Quinoderm which I understand is either 5% or 10% BP.

However, I'm wondering if there are any viable alternatives to BP from, say, Boots? Any ideas?

I'll give Quinoderm a go but are there any other types of products that work without BP?

I'm in the UK.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/22/2013 6:37 pm

anything with salicylic acid...BP doesn't work for me either, and i HATE the bleaching of everything, I've ruined towels, sheets, shirts...arghhh

but get a mild SA, go in the acne aisle and read the labels, usually a 2% daily and follow up with a weekly peel of 20%, follow directions! I get my peel from amazon...my SA too, in the states it's called Alba Acnedote

threre is also sulfur, or zinc creams...but try SA first

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 11/24/2013 1:45 pm

Thanks for your advice regarding SA. From what I can gather, it's in a wide variety of common "prevent blemishes" products.

Does any UK based member have any suggestions as to what products worked for them?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 11/24/2013 2:47 pm

Well salicylic acid didn't cut it for me because my acne was really bad but Garnier do a whole range of products containing salicylic acid: washes, moisturisers etc. etc. at a very reasonable price. They felt really nice on my skin and weren't irritating at all, they just didn't do anything for my acne.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 11/25/2013 5:52 am

Lactic acid could be good for you, if you have mild acne. Besides, it exfoliates and moisturizes :)