Notifications
Clear all

Ph Imbalance?

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 11/22/2013 9:58 am

I use to have oily skin, so I think. My father did too. Oily skin was the only cause I could come up with why I get acne aside from eating healthy etc.

So I got the Cetaphil Oil control moistruizer and foam wash. Ever since I been using it, my face has been becoming dry and a bit flaky, and its always been that way due to a past dermatologist prescripted medication that completely ruined my face and made it extremely dry, and I didn't get a moisturizer to help it so my skin is set that way and I have no idea what to do.

I ran out of the foam wash a few days ago, and I decided to add water in with the remaining foam wash and just use it till I have time to buy a new one. And so I did, and what I noticed was that generally after using the foam wash with a lot of water, my skin was way less tight and dry after using the foam wash and less flaky. Now I got the foam wash again, and I started using the moisturizer with it because I can't walk around with a flaky and tight face and I started noticing that I started getting acne in the spots I use the moisturizer on. It says its non comedogenic so I don't know what is wrong. (I use the Clarisonic brush along with the foam wash)

I'm starting to think that I may have a pH imbalance in my face due to the previous washes I used that were possibly chemically harsh. I'm not sure what to do anymore and I'm stumped. I haven't went to a dermatologist in a long time because last time I went I was prescribed Erythromycin and Benzoyl Peroxide Topical gel. It worked for the time being, but it severely dried my face and made it so much more oily and caused even more breakouts, it was horrendous. Then I stopped it for about half a year and just used soap for about 3-4 months. Found out soap is even worse. Then I got Clean n Clear 3-in-1 advantage cleanser, face was still dry, and it worked for around the first month, but I used it for like 4-6 months and my face remained the same, acne came and left, always had acne. Never had a day where I did not have at least 1-2 pimples, rather its small or not.

Need advice severely, thank you.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/22/2013 1:12 pm

accutane bro

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 11/24/2013 10:12 pm

Don't do accutane, that's terrible advice.

Wash with a cleanser only once a day. I would use a different cleanser, too. I've found that cleansers with salicylic acid in them are usually less harsh on the skin.

Use a good moisturizer. I recommend CeraVe cream.