Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KryptoKnight

Lots of whiteheads on accutane

I never had terrible acne, but i do have phases where my acne goes bad, then it turns really really good. I have been on botchlas regimen and my face was OK. When i started using accutane my face went nuts, i dont know if its the initial breakout, or the fact that i stopped using BP. And there are some pretty nasty whiteheads, and i want to pop them but i know i prob shouldnt

EDIT: can i by any chance use BP while on accutane? maybe to reduce my whiteheads

I know for me, personally, my forehead broke out all over when I went on Accutane and it wasn't exactly a problem area before. I also noticed that my legs were breaking out as well. It was as if I was getting worse acne after taking Accutane.

I am nearing the close of month two and my skin is finally calming down. It could be that this is just your initial breakout. Be patient. Don't pop, pick, scrub or do anything. Allow your body's natural healing process to take over.

As far as BP while on Accutane, I don't know. My dermatologist prescribed Klaron and it works very well at drying up problem areas.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I agree with GO, the type of breakouts and pimples and blemishes that appear during Accutane are unlike anything else I've ever seen before.

These whiteheads are awful, I'm on day 14 and I probably have over 30 whiteheads right now. My face feels like sandpaper and it's extremely sore. I've never experienced anything like this before. I hope the Accutane kicks in soon, I'm having a hard time washing my face.

I just notices something, sometimes my whiteheads are so dry they seem to fall off if i just happen to brush my hand against my face (i know i should not be touching my face at all, but when i got an itch i try not to touch my face with my plam or fingers) is it fine if they just fall off like that, seems like a dead whitehead

oh i soooo wanted to pick at the 50,000 whiteheads that popped up on the 4th day,, you can see my gallery they all just came  up man it was the saddest day ,,, EVER.

i resisted the urge to pick and now on day 130 there are really no signs of them at all.

never ever pick,, GO u know better wink.gif

Elsa, the same thing is happening to me.  On the thrid day on Accutane my skin totally exploded in whiteheads and is continuing to do so on day 14.  Did you have a hard time covering them up?  I've had this week off of work (vacation-some vacation wallowing in self-pity) and I haven't had to worry about it.  But I go back on Monday, I'm a little nervous.

Elsa, I'm with you. I haven't been wearing any make-up at all unless I am going somewhere "important" - - meaning not work and not home.

I have noticed the drying of the whiteheads as well but when they come off, they leave behind red blemishes so my face still looks broken out.

I'm going to try to do the whole not wearing make-up thing, but it's really difficult for me. Make-up has always been a security blanket for me. Even when I was completely clear for five years, I always wore make-up out except when I went to the gym. Even though I didn't have one spot on my face I always saw blotchyness even though everyone said I was crazy. I'm just extremely paranoid about leaving the house like this, but I guess it will probably clear faster if I don't block my pours. Thanks for the advise girls!