Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MariaS

Regimen-wearing BP all day?

I was wondering...is it really necessary to leave the BP on all day?

If I leave it on for about 1/2 hour, will it not do its thing without me having to wear it all day? I mean, once it's all absorbed, what's the difference if I just gently wash it off with some water?

I don't think it makes a difference, providing it has all been absorbed. You still need to moisturise while the bp is on, so that the moisturiser takes the exces BP into your skin, but after that I'm pretty sure it would be fine. I used to do it all the time when I used On-The-Spot.

how long have you been on the regimen? have you experienced total clearing? dan says that you should wait until you experience total (100%) clearing before you change anything. even then, i think if you started washing it off after a 1/2 hour you will start getting acne again.

Thank you for the replies. I've been on it for about 2 weeks now, but using neutrogena while waiting for Dan's BP to get here. Just got it this morning actually and used it for the first time. I'm not 100% clear, but my face has improved about 70%. It actually hasn't consistently been this clear for about 8 years.

I was asking because on-the-spot is so hard to leave on when you wear make-up. It looks like crap under it. I'll try it with Dan's though, and maybe that won't bother me anymore. We'll see.

You don't want to wash the bp off for 2 reasons.

1. overwashing is murder on your skin and causes irritation that can lead to breakouts.

2. this is not how the regimen worked for me. it might be fine, but try to follow the regimen exactly as outlined until you are 100% clear. then you can add in 1 variable at a time such as washing the bp off.

-Dan