Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@nancypan23)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:28 pm

I need help finding a non-comedogenic moisturizer that actually works and wont make me break out. What have ya'll tried? Can anyone comment on "Egyptian Magic?"

i currently use PCA Rebalance. I love that it has no smell and it works ok. but my winter skin and all the acne products seem to win out. The irritation seems to make me break out more. It's like an uphill battle :( i have cut back on my acne scripts but I™m still too dry and flaky.

thanks

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 11/19/2013 7:06 pm

try vitamin e oil. or drink lots of water. or cetaphil moisturizing lotion, or cereve

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:17 pm

Sheseido Oil-Free Matifying Serum... works like magic. I use prescription acne topical medications as well and this moisturizer has really helped my skin. It's completely non greasy and moisturizes my skin without making it feel like I'm clogging my pores. It makes my skin feel hydrated and well taken care of. It has no scent or skin irritants (actually it only has about 7 ingredients in total), which minimizes any chance of breaking out. It's kind of pricey (35$/bottle), but totally worth it.

MemberMember
(@nancypan23)

Posted : 11/25/2013 3:34 pm

thanks! my doc actually gave me something the other day. i'll let you know if i like it. so far it works.

i'll keep you posted

MemberMember
(@cynthiaaaa)

Posted : 11/25/2013 4:15 pm

The best moisturizer i've found that doesn't break me out is Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion...it says it's non-comedogenic but it does have 2 ingredients that rate 2+ on the comedogenic scale, but they are pretty far down the ingredients list so i'm pretty sure they're ok.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 11/25/2013 6:54 pm

CeraVe cream. It doesn't just moisturize, but it also repairs your skin, which is why I prefer it over Cetaphil.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 11/26/2013 8:40 am

Here's a little trick too see how comedogenic a moisturizer actually is, check the ingredients list and compare it with this list [Removed]

This shows how comedogenic certain ingredients are, maybe it will help?