Notifications
Clear all

Almost Done With Accutane!

MemberMember
(@yinyangfooey)

Posted : 11/19/2013 6:20 am

So I'm on my last (6th technically) month! My skin is 95% clear (With some odd scarring near my jawline) and I hardly even get pimples anymore.

I had to stop for 3 weeks after my 1st month due to blood test problems but since that time I've been on it for 5 months continuously.

Also, I missed one day (permanently) because I accidentally crushed the pill when I was trying to get it out of the package...is that ok?

I've heard horror stories about post accutane breakouts. What should I do to prevent this? I've gone through 6 months of chapped lips for this...the acne better not come back. My last blood test is a week from now.

Just for reference, my weight is around 130 lbs and I've been taking 40mg a day. I've also tried to make an effort to moisturizing my face every morning from month 2 onward (I hate lotion it makes my skin feel really oily).

(bolded because that's the super important stuff)

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 11/19/2013 6:42 pm

Hey, best way to prevent it from coming back is using topical retinoids since it will shed the clear skin if the breakouts to start to form, itll be gone, or just have a good skin care routine and wait about a month and if u are starting to breakout then get a light Rx.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:46 pm

When did your acne stop? At which month?

MemberMember
(@yinyangfooey)

Posted : 11/19/2013 11:55 pm

I pretty much stopped breaking out at the end of my 3rd-start of my 4th month.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/20/2013 7:23 am

I pretty much stopped breaking out at the end of my 3rd-start of my 4th month.

I don't think you will get it back.