Cyst?

MemberMember
(@vancouver-canucks-fan)

Posted : 11/19/2013 5:08 am

Hi all,

I am a lingering cyst on my right cheek for almost 6 months now. Long story short, I have acne scarring which I decided i should opt for subcison on. However, after the procedure there was a dark bump in an area where the doctor performed subcision. Weeks later this bump got inflamed and a whole cyst formed and popped. After that, I've been left with a small cyst filled with white puss that can be squeezed out but everytime I do that it comes back with the same white puss filled zit but it never gets inflammed or hurt. I'm extremely frustrated with this and my derm just tells me to not to squeeze it and have it cut the cyst out in a few weeks. now i have not picked or squeezed at the cyst for a month. the same white puss filled top is still there and i'm unsure if i should wait or go to the derm to have him cut it out. any takers?

I've never had an acne-related spot for this long, this has been going on for almost 8 months and the white puss filled cyst keeps coming back!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/19/2013 6:29 am

perhaps go a bit more aggressive to dry it out, like spot treat with salicylic acid 10% and leave it on...just a dab on the spot morning and evening...and over that layer a bit of sulfur cream or zinc cream, just again a very small dab

that may dry it out so it isn't a bother

but it is frustrating...hopefully it will pass soon!

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:51 am

Gah...I have had a few of these. And, really, the only thing that worked for me was applying Benzoyl Peroxide morning and night. And the stronger, the better, unfortunately. So instead of the 2.5%, I would use the 10%. And a sulfur treatment is very good too, like mrsrobinson stated above. surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@vancouver-canucks-fan)

Posted : 11/28/2013 2:59 am

Thanks guys,

I went ahead and purchased S.A. 10% and Sulphur cream. I'll update on their effectiveness after I use them.

BTW, have you guys encountered a cyst like mine though? doesnt hurt, but re-fills with white puss that can be squeezed out, and persisted for almost 8 months?

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/29/2013 10:38 pm

Oh wow...no, I haven't had one that has last that long. They usually will fill up two or three times and then eventually go away. I really hope that stuff works for you! Keep us updated...

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/30/2013 1:48 am

Hydrocolloid bandages have worked well on my cysts in the past.

MemberMember
(@ewwpimples1)

Posted : 12/02/2013 11:12 pm

Try Advil Liquid Gel. Sounds weird but I had one of those HUGE deep cystic bumps (I won't even call it a pimple because it was no where near the surface of the skin) that thankfully because of the location it was on my chin, you couldn't see the bump, but I knew that if I didn't do anything with it, it would come to the surface and be a huge cyst that would last months. Well someone told me to cut up an advil liquid gel pill and apply the gel a few times to the pimple, and the desperate person I was, I did just this, and guess what, not even two days later the only thing that remained was a little flake of dead skin that I peeled right off. And literally, it was huge!