Notifications
Clear all

Fraxel Repair

MemberMember
(@vancouver-canucks-fan)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:37 am

Dear all,

I had fraxel repair 9 weeks ago to improve my boxscars on temples. After the treatment, from 3rd to 6th week, i was having worse skin texture than before so i was frightened I was one of those fraxel repair burnt victims. However, i'm on the 9th week my texture do seem to have recovered so i hope the healing continues.

as for the redness, its fading but still noticeably red, and my skintone is horrible.

the scarring? While the aggressive fraxel repair laser did change my scarring to some degree but i feel it is of minimal improvement. I'm wondering if i should do another on my left temple only, this is the only area I'd be happy with 50% improvement... so far i feel like its probably at 10% to 20%.

I have tried other treatments beforesuch as the first gen fraxels (3 treatments), needling, subcision, all did not improve my scarring as well as hoped. I had thought to go with fraxel repair as last resort but it seems like I'd need to bet on more repair treatment on the left temple and hope for the best.

What do you guys think i should do? do a few more repair treatments on my left temple?

Also, for those who's done reapir, do you gradually see improvements up to 6 months? or is that total scam?

MemberMember
(@vancouver-canucks-fan)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:58 am

2 pictures showing my problem area as of today. the boxed region shows my temple where i received fraxel repair 9 weeks ago.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 11/19/2013 9:40 am

You can expect 10-15% improvement with each aggressive re:pair treatment. You won't get the results you want without multiple treatments.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/21/2013 5:01 pm

you're lucky! you should be able to wipe those in with several more treatments. As is the case with all lasers, they require patience and multiple treatments.

MemberMember
(@vancouver-canucks-fan)

Posted : 11/28/2013 2:56 am

Thanks guys for the replies.

I have found that the redness caused by the laser has made my scarring worse than they look, 10 weeks after i had done the Re:pair. I'm a bit worried about the hypopigmentation persists longer, they are the worst after I go out for a run or exercise.... Any Re:pair veterans care to share their experience with the redness post-laser?

I've decided to wait 2 more months and go with 2nd Re:Pair. Hopefully i can achieve better results the 2nd time around.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/28/2013 11:40 am

OP, I will forgive you for being for the Canucks, I was originally from Detroit. I am happy that people have finally come to the realization that multiple treatments are required for Re:pair to work, but work it will. There are no "One and Done" treatments, but that is how lasers were originally marketed, and that created a lot of critics.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/28/2013 3:49 pm

OP, I will forgive you for being for the Canucks, I was originally from Detroit. I am happy that people have finally come to the realization that multiple treatments are required for Re:pair to work, but work it will. There are no "One and Done" treatments, but that is how lasers were originally marketed, and that created a lot of critics.

Dudley thats mental the amount of fraxel repair you have had

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/28/2013 3:58 pm

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/28/2013 4:00 pm

have you ever considerd posting pics?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/28/2013 8:05 pm

Really, well then just do what you choose if you think you can do better. You don't have to read my posts. Good day

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/29/2013 5:03 am

Really, well then just do what you choose if you think you can do better. You don't have to read my posts. Good day

I didnt mean any offence dudley its thats i heard fraxel repair you only do 1 treatment max but good for you if you got good results. Speaking of results how much do you think you got ?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/29/2013 8:53 am

I didnt mean any offence dudley its thats i heard fraxel repair you only do 1 treatment max but good for you if you got good results. Speaking of results how much do you think you got ?

I have to admit the comment just rubbed me the wrong way, but it is over. I have about 80 % improvement. Doing Re:pair only once is like spitting in the ocean. Very few people will get adequate results with less than 3 Re:pairs. I will probably have more in the future.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/29/2013 9:21 am

I have to admit the comment just rubbed me the wrong way, but it is over. I have about 80 % improvement. Doing Re:pair only once is like spitting in the ocean. Very few people will get adequate results with less than 3 Re:pairs. I will probably have more in the future.

ok do you have any pics

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/29/2013 11:21 am

I refuse to post pictures. I only have one on Facebook and I may take that down. I have a girlfriend who just pulled all her pictures from the internet. Call me paranoid, but I don't like being out there.