Starting The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen! 11.18.13

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/18/2013 11:12 pm

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you all know a little about myself, (if anyone is going to read this wub.png ). I've had acne since I was in 6th grade, and this year has marked 8 years of being plagued with these blemishes. I like to call them that, blemishes that is. I find acne or zits, to be too sensitive to me! (but I will use the words in this intro and as sparingly as I can form this point on).

Anyways, I've lived life with acne, I don't know any other way of life. There is so many things that I wish to do, that I wanted to do, but I let my blemishes hold me back. I let them get in my way, far more times than I want to admit to anyone. Needless to say, I want and need a change. Acne has been so constricting that I feel like I can never be truly happy. I go to College and I see so many people with beautiful skin and sometimes I think...Why can't I have that? Why was I chosen to have this fate thrust upon me? I would think 8 years is torture enough. I've asked God countless times, begged and pleaded with tears in my eyes--why me? Please, if he could and if he was listening, that he could somehow lighten the burden I feel emotionally that this disease--as it seems like to me--has done to me. I know, my acne is not the worst but I also know it's nowhere near good.

I feel like the real me is trapped just beneath my skin, it wants to come out, yearning to break free and float to the surface--but that day has not come, and I feel almost so emotionally hurt, I wonder if I would ever be able to get out of this hell I feel as if I am in. unsure.png

I want to be "normal", I want to leave the house without makeup, to go out in the sun and not have to cower when it goes on my face because I know it highlights my imperfections. I want to look people in the eyes for a long time, without fear that they are looking at my skin. I WANT to get close to someone physically and not be afraid that they are looking at my blemishes. Just the simple things like not having to step a couple steps back when my coworkers come close to me--it's funny but, I almost feel the closer they get the closer they will see my imperfection.

Well...I could go ON AND ON in self-loathing, but ...Let's get down to this. rolleyes.gif

I found acne.org many years ago, in fact, I had made an account thinking this was it for me. I am not quite sure what happened, I think I broke out badly and just stopped going on this site because it made me feel bad about myself. And funny enough, last week I was feeling horrible about my skin (the colony that has formed around my cheek was the culprit and will attach pictures of my before). After feeling horrible, and having people on Facebook, a trusted group, they were giving me so much advice and self-empowerment, so I went on a search on the web--and guess what website popped up first?

Acne.org--The Regimen forum. I felt as if this had to be a sign--I got, and even now, have an overwhelming amount of a good feeling about this...that God said, "Alyssa, IT'S RIGHT HERE. I gave this to you 6 months ago and you ignored it, well I'm showing you again--TAKE IT!"eusa_pray.gif

SO, I took it. I ordered the Kit within two hours of doing research. Everyone on YouTube and this board helped me see that it really does work, and if i had any chance of getting clear it was this regimen.

I just got the products in mid-day and used my first application tonight.

I will post my thoughts every day and post a picture at the end of each week and update this post with them.

It seemed like, for people like me, I needed to find a place where I could silently stalk, to see how this person was doing on this product that seemed like the last hope--like it seems to be for me. (No way I'm going on Accutane)!

So, if you want, I would love any feedback, tips or just company as I take this journey. A little background tidbit, I had recently been on a weight-loss journey and ended up losing 53 pounds and thought I would be happy with my life. Then I realized the acne wouldn't go away with just clean diet and a healthy body. So, even though I weigh much less now and still will eat healthy along with working out each day, I am beginning this journey to fix the last part of my body that is holding me back from life.

Wish me luck, or stay to chat, any form of feedback is greatly, unconditionally loved. hifive.gif

You can find my before(starting the Regimen that is) pictures here:

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 11/19/2013 12:52 am

Good luck girl! We are all in this together, and everyone is so helpful on this site! I wanted to quit SO many times, but with the help of my friends on here, I kept truckin on and I'm almost on my one year "annicersary" with this regimen! Hoping and praying for your success :)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:09 am

I can empathize so much with your story because I've gone down a similar road, it's a never ending struggle and like anything else in life there will be good days and bad days, but the end result is SO worth it. I remember I wanted to quit in the first few weeks but I pushed through and I'm so thankful I did, The Regimen has given me a second chance at a semi-normal social life and I actually get compliments on my skin these days (which shocks me, haha :P)

You seem like a great person and I think you're gonna be really pleasantly surprised with how well the Regimen works compared to all the other crap treatments out there...I'm wishing you all the luck in the world!

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:56 am

Good luck, sweetie! It will be frustrating...trust me! But it will be soooo WORTH IT! Keep coming back to the forums often. They have helped me so much! Best of luck to you and please keep us updated! grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 11:32 am

DAY 1 rolleyes.gif

Okay, today is day 1. After using the first application last night, I woke up with no huge difference--but I didn't expect their to be. My skin did look smoother, though, if that counts for anything! My main focus is to get the cluster of acne on my left cheek under control. They were itching so bad last night, and I resisted the itch because I knew they were healing!!

Last night, when I was putting on the BP, my eyes watered a little bit. Wasn't a big deal, but they stung like I was cutting onions, but it went away after a couple seconds. I almost felt like a "pea-size" amount of BP didn't seem like enough for my face...I mean the colony of blemishes on my cheek alone deserves a pea size LOL. So, I ended up using two pea-size portions. nod.gif

The cleanser was nice smelling, I enjoyed that--but it's weird you only wash for 10 seconds or less!

The treatment, as mentioned above, didn't seem like enough so I'm just going to use what I feel like is enough. Dan said "when in doubt use more".

Then the moisturizer, he said use two FULL pumps. That was SO MUCH to me! I'm used to using two small finger tip full, and to go to two pumps was crazy! I rubbed softly

for three minutes...then as advised, I left it alone thinking there was no way it was going to absorb but wallah it did five minutes later!

I woke up this morning at 6:30 and did my 4 mile run, came home did another 25 minute workout, then eating breakfast. I don't think I will be able to apply the treatment every 12 hours. It might end up being later. I wake up at 6:30, treatment not till 7-8, and on days I have work I don't get home to do the treatment until 9. So, hopefully that isn't too much of a big deal shake.gif

SO far so good! I hope to see some results by the end of week two, since I'm sure that's when the real improvement will show, since the BP amount will be more! I also don't think I'll dry out too much, because that two full pumps of moisturizer is A LOT more than I'm used to. wub.png

Good luck girl! We are all in this together, and everyone is so helpful on this site! I wanted to quit SO many times, but with the help of my friends on here, I kept truckin on and I'm almost on my one year "annicersary" with this regimen! Hoping and praying for your success smile.png

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 1:00 pm

Just finished AM application.

Hnnng, my skin feels so nice. ^_^

It feels so moisturized and not dry...yet. LOL.

I am used to using 10% BP and hardly any lotion so...

Hopefully my skin won't react as BADLY as I am reading on other forums. crazy.gif

for the makeup issue I'm having. I've been talking to some people and have come up with:

The days I get home from school and don't have work. Get home at 10AM, wash makeup off GENTLY with cleanser then use moisturizer if needed.

Don't use BP and use more Moisturizer until PM application.

Is it normal for my blemishes at times to be itchy? Hopefully that means they're healing.... eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 11/19/2013 1:35 pm

Don't worry Alyssa, hang in there! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you (less reg pimples, but more severe cysts pimples). I will be starting the regimen tomorrow when my package arrives. I seriously feel like sitting at the window all day waiting for the UPS guy like a dog lol. I can't wait to give this a go!!

ch4cha liked
MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 1:40 pm

Don't worry Alyssa, hang in there! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you (less reg pimples, but more severe cysts pimples). I will be starting the regimen tomorrow when my package arrives. I seriously feel like sitting at the window all day waiting for the UPS guy like a dog lol. I can't wait to give this a go!!

Atn, that's exactly how I felt!!! I was tracking my package on the FEDEX website like 5 times a day heheh. I was like wanting to start that day I found out about this! I have such a good feeling that this will work, that I ordered the stuff on the spot.

I don't get a LOT of severe cysts ... It just looks like it on the side of my face because I have like five blemishes on like one spot surprised.gif It almost seems like my skin changes a lot. Sometimes I'll just have regular blemishes, than i'll just have cysts. I have no idea LOL.

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 1:52 pm

Unfortunately, I get the nasty cysts too. I don't have acne all over my face, just mostly on my chin, jawline,sometimes on my nose (of all places! Sheesh...) and sometimes on my cheeks. I only get a few at a time, but when I do, they're huge, gah!

Since doing The Regimen, all the cysts and pimples on my chin are gone-I just have some major scarring to deal with. Which the AHA seems to be helping with, yay!

During week 4 of The Regimen, I got a cyst on the side of my nose, it was just horrible and I was getting so frustrated. I also got a pimple near my eye, which is the worst. It made my eye swell and created the dreaded wrinkle effect eusa_wall.gif Thankfully, both have gone down and the one by my nose is practically gone. cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:06 pm

Unfortunately, I get the nasty cysts too. I don't have acne all over my face, just mostly on my chin, jawline,sometimes on my nose (of all places! Sheesh...) and sometimes on my cheeks. I only get a few at a time, but when I do, they're huge, gah!

Since doing The Regimen, all the cysts and pimples on my chin are gone-I just have some major scarring to deal with. Which the AHA seems to be helping with, yay!

During week 4 of The Regimen, I got a cyst on the side of my nose, it was just horrible and I was getting so frustrated. I also got a pimple near my eye, which is the worst. It made my eye swell and created the dreaded wrinkle effect eusa_wall.gif Thankfully, both have gone down and the one by my nose is practically gone. cheer.gif

Oh gosh, that's what happens to me. I don't really get blemishes everywhere. My trouble zones are my chin and the sides of my cheeks. My forehead is usually virtually clear, USUALLY. ;)

I cannot wait until my chin acne is gone! Do you know how hard it is to kiss someone and get constantly worried about if my makeup rubbed off, or i'm just irritating them further? :( It's horrible! For once, I don't want to flee to the bathroom to apply more makeup... just being able to cuddle and kiss without that fear would be a Godsend.

oh lordy, acne on by the eyes or nose are the worse... OR if you get two like on the same place but on both cheeks, so they could like connect the dots. //dies inside strongsad.gif

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:14 pm

Oh gosh, that's what happens to me. I don't really get blemishes everywhere. My trouble zones are my chin and the sides of my cheeks. My forehead is usually virtually clear, USUALLY. wink.png

I cannot wait until my chin acne is gone! Do you know how hard it is to kiss someone and get constantly worried about if my makeup rubbed off, or i'm just irritating them further? sad.png It's horrible! For once, I don't want to flee to the bathroom to apply more makeup... just being able to cuddle and kiss without that fear would be a Godsend.

oh lordy, acne on by the eyes or nose are the worse... OR if you get two like on the same place but on both cheeks, so they could like connect the dots. //dies inside strongsad.gif

OMG...that's me too...but, I've been with my husband long enough to know that he really doesn't care if the makeup wipes off and the red demons are exposed, lol. He's one of the few that has loved me for me and doesn't base me on looks, Thank God! But to make myself feel better, I'll usually go ahead a reapply it anyway! huh.png

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:18 pm

Oh gosh, that's what happens to me. I don't really get blemishes everywhere. My trouble zones are my chin and the sides of my cheeks. My forehead is usually virtually clear, USUALLY. wink.png

I cannot wait until my chin acne is gone! Do you know how hard it is to kiss someone and get constantly worried about if my makeup rubbed off, or i'm just irritating them further? sad.png It's horrible! For once, I don't want to flee to the bathroom to apply more makeup... just being able to cuddle and kiss without that fear would be a Godsend.

OMG...that's me too...but, I've been with my husband long enough to know that he really doesn't care if the makeup wipes off and the red demons are exposed, lol. He's one of the few that has loved me for me and doesn't base me on looks, Thank God! But to make myself feel better, I'll usually go ahead a reapply it anyway! huh.png

My man doesn't really care either, he says he loves me, and that my skin doesn't matter to him. BUUUUT ya know' you just want to look nice!!!

Btw, if you get a white head during the day...what do you do? Do you just pop it and then reapply some BP on it? or do we not pop them on this regimen?

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:26 pm

Just finished AM application.

Hnnng, my skin feels so nice. amused.gif

It feels so moisturized and not dry...yet. LOL.

I am used to using 10% BP and hardly any lotion so...

Hopefully my skin won't react as BADLY as I am reading on other forums. crazy.gif

for the makeup issue I'm having. I've been talking to some people and have come up with:

The days I get home from school and don't have work. Get home at 10AM, wash makeup off GENTLY with cleanser then use moisturizer if needed.

Don't use BP and use more Moisturizer until PM application.

Is it normal for my blemishes at times to be itchy? Hopefully that means they're healing.... eusa_pray.gif

Yeah, it's quite normal to be itchy...just try not to scratch! Not only will you scratch the BP off, you'll also irritate your skin even more!

My man doesn't really care either, he says he loves me, and that my skin doesn't matter to him. BUUUUT ya know' you just want to look nice!!!

Btw, if you get a white head during the day...what do you do? Do you just pop it and then reapply some BP on it? or do we not pop them on this regimen?

If you look on the homepage, I believe Dan gives the correct way to pop a pimple. It's not entirely a no-no...and I have found if I follow the instructions he gives, I don't have an infestation or irritated skin. surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:29 pm

That sounds perfect :) He said to use a needle and put tissue on your hands...but wouldn't it just be better to just softly squeeze??

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:41 pm

That sounds perfect smile.png He said to use a needle and put tissue on your hands...but wouldn't it just be better to just softly squeeze??

What I do is wrap my forefingers with tissue and then softly squeeze. But don't squeeze so much that you're bleeding profusely, lol. I find this doesn't leave a huge scar and it heals up rather nicely. I would much rather not put a needle through my skin *shiver*.

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:48 pm

That sounds perfect smile.png He said to use a needle and put tissue on your hands...but wouldn't it just be better to just softly squeeze??

What I do is wrap my forefingers with tissue and then softly squeeze. But don't squeeze so much that you're bleeding profusely, lol. I find this doesn't leave a huge scar and it heals up rather nicely. I would much rather not put a needle through my skin *shiver*.

Exactly...i think the only thing the needle would help is if i had a HUGE one that needed to be let out slowly. Otherwise, the small ones, seem much quicker and easier to pop with the tissue.

I realized that I was doing so many things wrong..I would pop with my bare hands, without washing hands first, and just pop all the ones that needed it, without washing hands in between!!! crazy.gif

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:55 pm

Exactly...i think the only thing the needle would help is if i had a HUGE one that needed to be let out slowly. Otherwise, the small ones, seem much quicker and easier to pop with the tissue.

I realized that I was doing so many things wrong..I would pop with my bare hands, without washing hands first, and just pop all the ones that needed it, without washing hands in between!!! crazy.gif

LOL...you're not the only one guilty of that, trust me! After over 20 years with acne, you'd think I would know what to to and not what to do, but I've learned as I've got older, my skin has changed dramatically and I'm right back to the beginning! shrug.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 3:02 pm

LOL...you're not the only one guilty of that, trust me! After over 20 years with acne, you'd think I would know what to to and not what to do, but I've learned as I've got older, my skin has changed dramatically and I'm right back to the beginning! shrug.gif

I just hope that it gets better for us :) I've had acne for 8 years, prob more, since 6th grade. :/ I feel like, it's been long enough, come on skin.

I almost find myself wanting to put more applications on, because when I do it i feel so happy hahah thinking its getting better with every use! ;)

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 3:15 pm

I think we may have this battle for awhile, but at least we can find ways to keep the "enemy" (red face demons, lol) at bay, hehe.

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 3:18 pm

I think we may have this battle for awhile, but at least we can find ways to keep the "enemy" (red face demons, lol) at bay, hehe.

Red face demons...I like that.

LET'S CONQUER THEM!

I hope other people join us on this journey :) it's always so much more rewarding and exciting to have people to join!

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:04 pm

Atn, that's exactly how I felt!!! I was tracking my package on the FEDEX website like 5 times a day heheh. I was like wanting to start that day I found out about this! I have such a good feeling that this will work, that I ordered the stuff on the spot.

I don't get a LOT of severe cysts ... It just looks like it on the side of my face because I have like five blemishes on like one spot It almost seems like my skin changes a lot. Sometimes I'll just have regular blemishes, than i'll just have cysts. I have no idea LOL.

I just recently found out about using organic honey as a spot treatment on my cysts. It has helped me substantially. I felt a huge cyst coming on last night (the ones that lasts for months) did a spot treatment on it, left it overnight and it.... Wow wow wow!!! It's working wonderfully. I will be incorporating this method to my regimen. :)

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:11 pm

Red face demons...I like that.

LET'S CONQUER THEM!

I hope other people join us on this journey smile.png it's always so much more rewarding and exciting to have people to join!

LET'S DO THIS !!! RAWR! box.gif

MemberMember
(@alyssa-lee)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:16 pm

I don't get a LOT of severe cysts ... It just looks like it on the side of my face because I have like five blemishes on like one spot surprised.gif It almost seems like my skin changes a lot. Sometimes I'll just have regular blemishes, than i'll just have cysts. I have no idea LOL.

I just recently found out about using organic honey as a spot treatment on my cysts. It has helped me substantially. I felt a huge cyst coming on last night (the ones that lasts for months) did a spot treatment on it, left it overnight and it.... Wow wow wow!!! It's working wonderfully. I will be incorporating this method to my regimen. smile.png

Oh wow!!! That sounds awesome!!!! I really want to do that...but I think i'd be tempted to eat it. ;) I'm happy you are finding something that works for you! Are you just using enough to cover the upcoming blemish? (tsp)?

just sitting here thinking..

thank god i have long hair. I usually pull my hair out from behind my ear and it covers the growing army of blemishes on my cheek from the world.

smh

thank god eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:22 pm

I don't get a LOT of severe cysts ... It just looks like it on the side of my face because I have like five blemishes on like one spot It almost seems like my skin changes a lot. Sometimes I'll just have regular blemishes, than i'll just have cysts. I have no idea LOL.

I just recently found out about using organic honey as a spot treatment on my cysts. It has helped me substantially. I felt a huge cyst coming on last night (the ones that lasts for months) did a spot treatment on it, left it overnight and it.... Wow wow wow!!! It's working wonderfully. I will be incorporating this method to my regimen. :)

Oh wow!!! That sounds awesome!!!! I really want to do that...but I think i'd be tempted to eat it. ;) I'm happy you are finding something that works for you! Are you just using enough to cover the upcoming blemish? (tsp)?

I'm using organic Grade A light amber honey if that makes any difference. I'm using it as a spot treatment for now, but I've heard others that have used it as a face mask and it helps them destroy future pimples. They claim that they can see the white spots of where future acne may form. You might want to do some more research on it, but from what I know, organic honey is antibacterial, has tons of antioxidants and it good for you topically or orally. That big cyst from last night is now half the size of what it was, no more redness and inflammation looks like it's gone. :D

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:23 pm

AlyssaLee... much luck to you! Reading your post really hit home with me because my two teenage sons just started the regimen this week. They both have moderate acne, and after trying Clindamycin, Differin and Retin A for a whole year with limited success, they are now trying the regimen. I did use the regimen for my older son's back a year ago and it cleared up dramatically and quickly. Not sure why I never used it for their faces, guess I just kept hoping the Retin A would finally kick-in. But I'm tired of seeing just a 30-50% improvement and want something better for my kids. My older son has acne similar to you, on cheeks and chin. My younger one has it mainly on forehead and chin.

Right now my boys are starting with just once per day application. Didn't want to jump in too fast and have their skin all irritated. I figured we'll try it this way for the first week and see how it goes, then ramp up to twice per day.

I'm going to look forward to reading your updates since you are starting the same time as my sons. I really, really hope for the absolute best for both you and for them. Lots of luck!!