Notifications
Clear all

How Is My Acne Looking And What Is The Best Thing To Do For These Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 11/17/2013 2:25 pm

I have an interview for a job on Friday and I really wish I didn't have spots everywhere. I don't wear makeup because I have no idea how to apply it so it doesn't look like I'm wearing it. So makeup is not an option. Hopefully they don't care about my acne issues. But I really want help for fading the marks because I would like to have my face back. Thank you in advance for the help.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/17/2013 3:48 pm

not that bad really , if you want fast results probably a chemical peel around 10-20% or some kind of exfoliation daily

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 11/17/2013 6:06 pm

If you're interested in learning to apply makeup, you might consider going to a department store or somewhere like Sephora and have them do a demo for you. I don't think your skin looks bad but I also have issues with red marks and I feel like foundation helps even me out and it makes me feel more confident. Good luck on your interview!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/17/2013 8:52 pm

yeah a little powder can cover it up easily ask someone you know for help ?

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 11/18/2013 9:25 am

Thank you for the tips but I'm really looking for something that will help with the redness. For exfoliating what is the best thing to use? Also I don't really want to go the chemical peel route my face has been through enough as it is. I was just wondering if there was something gentle I could use to help fade the marks. I've been using neosporin daily and I have also been icing my face on and off because I heard this helps. I don't know if I should keep using the ice though because it is drying out my face.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:08 am

alpha hydroxy lotion 10% glycolic acid can help

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:42 am

Ice probably only helps with currently inflammed spots to reduce redness. The marks you have may fade a bit with it but they aren't being lightened by it in the long run, just temporarily. AHA acid products are probably the best option because they aren't all that harsh, although they may sound like they are. My skin is quite sensitive and the most I ever get with an AHA is a stinging sensation when I first apply it. A gentle acid exfoliator, like 10%, daily would be helpful to you. The AHA product on this site is what I would recommend because it's a lot cheaper than most other chemical exfoliation products (like high-end ones that do the same thing but cost a lot more) and it is not comedogenic.

It's not an overnight cure of course, but your marks aren't super dark so I think you'd see significant fading after even a month of use of that.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/18/2013 2:25 pm

you can get some dermablend concealer to cover that redness right up. just put a small amount in your palm and mix with some moisturizer and then rub it into your face. you can use your fingers or a sponge to smooth it out and it should take you all of 2 minutes to apply. your skin will look great and you will have more confidence for your interview. good luck!!