Notifications
Clear all

Ice Pick Scars

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/16/2013 10:32 am

what is a legit way to get rid of these .... i cant take it anymore being away from society because of this i wanna get my life back man :(

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/16/2013 1:37 pm

so im basically doomed and better off dead since i cant live a happy life .. :(

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/16/2013 1:38 pm

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/16/2013 1:47 pm

i always had hope but now im just depressed as hell

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/16/2013 2:43 pm

Omg Eagerminer, why do you have to be so absolutely negative?

Leadingforce, do a board search for TCA cross. A lot of other people have had success with it for ice pick scars. I have also seen dermarolling help ice pick scars. Like in this picture:

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/16/2013 2:46 pm

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/16/2013 3:08 pm

Omg Eagerminer, why do you have to be so absolutely negative?

Leadingforce, do a board search for TCA cross. A lot of other people have had success with it for ice pick scars. I have also seen dermarolling help ice pick scars. Like in this picture:

Another lonely weekend, waiting for my next treatment course. Oh yeah I'm real happy.

You're scaring new people that are coming here for help eusa_doh.gif

I understand feeling down sometimes, but there are lots of people on here who have seen great results with improving their scars.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/16/2013 3:20 pm

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 11/16/2013 10:28 pm

The harbinger of doom is back...seriously EagerMiner? If you're depressed keep it to yourself, don't spread the negativity.

@leadingforce..My ice picks improved about 50% after 4 TCA Cross sessions done professionally. I plan to do 10 total and then do dermarolling and finally, Enerjet.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 11/16/2013 11:30 pm

Hi LeadingForce smile.png

Ice pick scars can heal 100%. The skin/ collagen regenerates every three months! Besides the TCA cross (NOTE please be very careful with this modality & research best methods or see a highly skilled expert... also check-out realself.com for risk prevention advice too), look into single needling & cupping/ suctioning therapy (see owndoc.com). You might like to use either a copper peptide solution with needling or vitamin c serum (owndoc.com sell a vitamin C DIY powder version).

I also highly recommend beta glucan liquid - it heals the skin at a cellular level. It also diminishes scar tissue by increasing macrophage activity (but it is a slow process). It also accelerates skin cell recovery rates. You can also take beta glucan supplements. Please research for best brand (i.e. the beta glucan 1-3 D variety). Please also consider using beta glucan topicals daily (possibly coupled with retin a topical or retinaldehyde - a safer version of retin a - as beta glucan + retin a can help soften, smooth & repair skin texture/ scaring. But please only use retin a sparingly & only for a short while as it can thin skin. Also avoid the sun on your face while using it i.e. wear a hat etc).

You can buy beta glucan liquid topical from Garden of Wisdom. I use the New Directions brand but it is pricier & has more chemicals.

You might also consider using a reputable product with B3 niacinamide as it helps repair skin, addresses pigmentation, acne issues & is anti-aging. Hyaluronic acid is also very good. It helps skin to heal & condition the skin to look better. I use the New Directions brand but there are many other brands.

Basically, you just need to administer a controlled, mild but effective dermal injury to the scar tissue to activate it's natural wound healing response (i.e. TCA cross/ single needling/ cupping/ intracell etc). With key topicals, the healing process is enhanced. Add to it a nutrient dense healthy diet/ wholefood organic vitamins - see Dr Ben Kim or Deva nutrition - superfoods/ fresh veg-fruit juicing/ light-moderate exercise/ sunlight vitamin d/ good stress management, and you'll achieve quicker results.

You could also research the effectiveness of light therapy. I've not tried it, but have heard positive things about it.

Re laser treatment, I'm not a fan of this modality as it carries substantial risk & can deplete the face of collagen. But some find it useful. Please read reviews on this board and other boards such as realself.com to gauge it's viability for you. However, you should exhaust less risky options first.

Lastly, scar revision is a trial & error process. In my case, it was a case of "2 steps forward, one step back". However, once you start seeing results, it will motivate you to continue your scar revision journey. It takes a while. But with diligence & faith, you'll get results.

All the best!! smile.png

PS Scar revision treatment is always improving so keep abreast of updates & new techniques.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/16/2013 11:41 pm

well i did use 20% salyclic acid peel today and it helped reduce the depth of the scars so im a little relieved and wanted to try tca peel 15%

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:18 am

well i did use 20% salyclic acid peel today and it helped reduce the depth of the scars so im a little relieved and wanted to try tca peel 15%

Oh wow that's awesome! You sound just like me! I've got a few very tiny ice pick scars and I just ordered a salicylic acid peel to see if it will help. I only ordered the 15% though because I'm a bit afraid of starting out too strong. Was the 20% pretty easy to do? At some point I'd also like to try Tca. I think I'll start out with a 12.5% peel though and move my way up. Then maybe I'll get brave enough to do the cross :)

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:25 am

You should read many reviews on this board & elsewhere & PM members that have successfully tried these peels. They can be very helpful if done right. But if you aren't skilled/ experienced at using them, they can cause more scarring. Please research thoroughly. I think Mr Matt has tried it. Perhaps read his threads for advice or PM him.

Best to start at the lowest strength & start slow. And better to go the cautious route & build on good results, than be hasty & end-up having more scars to correct. As for 15% TCA that sounds like a moderate strength, but it depends on your skin. I think you should research extensively before committing to using this strength. Perhaps trial the absolute lowest strength first & see how it performs on your skin.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/17/2013 8:44 am

Oh wow that's awesome! You sound just like me! I've got a few very tiny ice pick scars and I just ordered a salicylic acid peel to see if it will help. I only ordered the 15% though because I'm a bit afraid of starting out too strong. Was the 20% pretty easy to do? At some point I'd also like to try Tca. I think I'll start out with a 12.5% peel though and move my way up. Then maybe I'll get brave enough to do the cross smile.png

yes it was very easy to do i just left it on for 5-8 minutes it stopped burning at 5 though for me but when you was it off with cold water theres still a burn feeling and its fine i put moisturizer on after , i want to try a 12.5% tca peel to i feel it would help alot and you can do it weekly since its a like a weekly % peel not that strong

• 12.5% is a light peel
  • 15% is a medium-strong peel
  • 18% is a strong peel
  • 21% is a *very* strong peel

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/125-TCA-Peels_p_21.html directions here