Notifications
Clear all

Identify My Acne Please?

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/16/2013 6:08 am

Hello there peeps! smile.png

I've been struggling with acne since early 7th grade and now it "should" be my 3rd or 4th year in college. I've been using Acne.org's product regime here and I got to say that it works pretty good! It pretty much cleared up my pimple under my chin and some pimple on my face and pre-breakouts. I wish I knew of this product before back in highschool!

I was really excited with the result and I continue using it until I realize I have acne scar and that turned me down big time as the product couldn't help me much there. I didn't know what to do and I got lazy and undetermined using the products that I got off this site.

Since then I started to break out more and I'm now convinced I have oily skin, at first I thought I have semi-oily to dry skin.

I'll be attaching pics here becuase I do not know the condition of my acne anymore. Is it mild to moderate? I think it really isn't severe but the scars are very visble when I'm up close in person to people, though that don't stop me from being me in front of others.

But sometimes I'm self-conscious about it in public places around people who's skins are flawless to barely visble open pores. Speaking of pores, do I have big open pores as well? I can't tell if that's scars or open pores.... Not to educated in this stuff, so I'm seeking help today here.

Be prepare for some HD photos

I'm thinking about going to a Spa salon and getting 4 procedure of microdermabrasion done and a Vi-Peel as well. Any thoughts? Anyone on the same boat as I am? Any solutions?

post-151028-0-26070500-1384599951.jpg

post-151028-0-53414400-1384599959.jpg

post-151028-0-22174000-1384599967.jpg

post-151028-0-26070500-1384599951.jpg

post-151028-0-53414400-1384599959.jpg

post-151028-0-22174000-1384599967.jpg

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 11/16/2013 9:06 am

IMO you have a very light/mild form of acne its just that you have a lot of scarring, indented scarring, and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. You shouldn't be worried your acne and scars are not that bad compared to other people. You could try microdermabrasion but i heard its not good for people who have current acne but thats just what i heard. Research a lot about it before you try it. Maybe try using a micro needle roller on your scars i heard its really good.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/16/2013 12:06 pm

Hey thanks for the reply!

I guess I'll try dermarolling for 3 months to see where it goes and at the same time try to make my active acnes go away then I'll try dermabrasion then vi peels.

The thing is, as you've mentions, a lot of scars. I can never stop picking my face back in the days. Sigh....

You guys know any good thread for new dermaroller people?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:47 am

You have at least 2 different forms of acne....on your cheeks, it might not even be acne, it could be folliculitis. A gentle exfoliant and diluted tea tree oil might help.

As for dermarolling, you have to be very careful and make sure you sanitize the needles to avoid infection. Check the scar forum for tips.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/17/2013 2:17 am

You have at least 2 different forms of acne....on your cheeks, it might not even be acne, it could be folliculitis. A gentle exfoliant and diluted tea tree oil might help.

As for dermarolling, you have to be very careful and make sure you sanitize the needles to avoid infection. Check the scar forum for tips.

I agree you could have folliculitis type infection sometimes caused by a fungus or by a more resistant type of bacteria. Your chin looks like its inflammatory acne, possibly pustular at times. BP is effective for this and is also a mild exfoliant which will speed up the skins renewal process and have this scab over and flake off.

Derma rolling needs to be done carefully!! I could lecture on this. However, there are great amount of threads on it here and at essential day spa. Go easy.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/17/2013 6:12 am

Hey guys smile.png

I'm happy you guys reply and with that it gave me some more insight. Though WishClean, I would appreciate if you named the 2 type of acnes you've think I have. I'm on a 2 day non-stop acne information spree lol. Just trying to find as much information on the derma needling and the type of acnes that is best treated with the derma needling so I'd appreciate it.

I've come to conclusion to get the dermapen as it suit who I am, a lazy guy. lol I mean it's mechanical and I just like that. Though I should be careful about the skin tearing, which is the only bad thing I've found about this dermapen. And I think doing it in a slower pace and motion movement "might" solve this issue.

I think I will post my journey here on this forum when I get my stuff together and start the new regime. Which includes a dermapen and a couple of serums or "stuff". I'm still researching more on which post AND pre-treatment would work best for dermapens.

If I'm not mistake it's still needling and similar to dermarolling, so anyone who has a really good post-treatment when using dermarolling might want to spill it here as well if you want.

Once again, thank you guys! I'm kind of confident that I can reduce my scars up to 80% with this dermapen. Now I just gotta get good pre andpost treatment to go along with it.

Also is Ultrasound's machines worth it as well in combination of dermaneedlings?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/17/2013 11:40 am

Good luck! Make sure you don't have any active acne or folliculitis when you start using the dermapen.

Ultrasound isn't as popular on this forum, I don't think many people have tried it. You may want to look into IPL (intense pulse light), which doesn't have much downtime. I personally like to get a "light" version of that, called Clear Touch Light. It helps a lot with texture.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:47 pm

Thank you WishClean.

After a couple of hours researching without sleeping I figured out I want radio frequencies instead of ultrasound now.

So far so good. But I can't have a feeling that I'm missing something in my current research.

So far I gathered what I think might help me reduce my scars.

My set

Hyaluronic Acid Serum - $14

Dermapen - $80

High Radio Frequencies Machine - $140

AHA+ & Jojoba Oil - $35.49 - Shipping - $6 (Only getting this to clear the active acne's and the folliculitis)

Under $300

I think this is set for me. But like I've mentioned before I'm not that educated about this or what should I apply after a dermapen post-procedure...... I'm lost after I finish doing the dermapen. No idea to put on after post-procedure.....

I think I need a serum for post-procedure dermapen but I'm not sure if I do need it and this is actually an alright plan.... Need help here.

..... NOW I finally need to doze off. gudnight peeps.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:09 pm

I think some people use a vitamin C serum after dermarolling - check the scar forum for ideas. Hyaluronic acid is good, but its effect is usually temporary. It can help hydrate the skin and plump it up, which makes scarring less noticeable, but you have to keep using it every day. I use a serum that combines B5 and hyaluronic, and it's pretty good but expensive.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/17/2013 11:15 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I've decided to go with Copper peptide + Hyaluronic acid serum as the post treatment.

By the way, you have beautiful skin.

Now I'm pumped up for this journey! Going to stay positive for the next 6 months.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/18/2013 1:14 am

Thanks, good luck! Be careful with copper peptides. Google "copper peptide uglies"...apparently, if you use too much too quickly, your skin might not be able to tolerate it. I use biopeptides without problems, but when I used a copper peptide mask it wasn't the best for my skin.Do a patch test first and see how your skin reacts.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/18/2013 1:49 am

Phew thank goodness you informed me on that.

After a couple of research I think it's probably due to the fact that the copper peptides are meant to be "better" used as a repairing serum instead of an anti-aging serum. Also from the looks of things this "uglies" is prominent with 2nd generation, which in terms isn't the original CP that has the relevant ingrediant "GHK-Cu", the ingrediant that has clinical reports that backs up the beauty of CP in the first place.

Reason why the 2nd generation doesn't have GHK-Cu is becuase the orginal founder of CP has sold the patent of creating original CP, 1st generation as we know now. Now the founder has created this 2nd generation CP that doesn't have the original ingrediant as the 1st gen has, especially no "GHK-Cu" which is crucial for the act of skin recovery.

I'm pretty sure I'm ordering the CP 1st Gen that has GHK-Cu in it and will use it carefully, as said most of these "uglies" are formed due to the fact that people use it too often before the first appliance didn't fully get absorbed thus absorbing MORE CP in the process. (Just realize I've repeated what you've wrote lol) I think using it in 3 days apart would be a good idea, not sure though.

Thank you WishClean, I'll take a look into "biopeptides" as well. I think that's 1st gen if I remember correctly from what I've read. Darn, short term memory loss.

Well I'm learning as we go.