Notifications
Clear all

Accutane!

MemberMember
(@mattabb)

Posted : 11/15/2013 10:58 am

Hi all,

I haven't been on this website for a while.. but i am coming towards the end of my fourth month of Accutane.

I must say the benefits of accutane are remarkable. Before my treatment, my dermatologist said i was ranked moderately severe with my acne. when i look back a few months.. I was scared to look in the mirror every morning as the thought of another pimple emerging was an ongoing threat. However currently I do not have any acne on my face, or if i do they are very minute not visible at all. I am not posting this to gloat, i am posting this to inform you on the benefits of Accutane.

Firstly, i know accutane can seem like a huge step from the anti-biotics that you are probably used to. But it isn't too much different the only side effects i have suffered is nose bleeds and very dry skin which can be dealt with by using a moisturiser. As long as you are willing to not drink any alcohol or wear contact lenses then this is the drug for you!

This website helped me a lot when i was severely depressed with my skin, so i am just posting this to show you that it can be dealt with if you are willing to make a few sacrifices. Now i'm not sure if i have just been lucky because accutane pretty much worked instantly, but i needed someone to just say to me "Go for it" as i could have used this drug a long time before. So my advice to you is Go for it, acne can really take a toll on your daily life so why not try something to help.

Also I have noticed that all of these acne face washes are a waste of time, my dermatologist told me just wash with simple soap they have no chemicals/ alcohol in them.

Cheers for reading, hope i could be of some help.