Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tennisboi

Buckets of OIL

Hey

Prior to accutane, my skin had a great deal of oil. That seemed to go away and turn to normal after a couple months on accutane. Well since i've been off it, my skin seems to just spill oil. I mean it is extremely oily. I've even been using cetaphil which doesnt over dry so i dunno. I do put moisturizure on and when i dont i seem to break out. DO you really think that BP will help with the oily condition. DOes anyone here have really oily skin prior to the regimen treatment? I just want normal skin, is that too much to ask for?

J.

You could try using the regimen with a 2.5% BP and see if your skin becomes less oily. If that doesn't work you could try a 5% BP and if that doesn't work you could try 10% but that makes your skin REALLY dry. Well, at least it did when I tried it. Good luck!

I have ULTRA oily skin.

I'm using 5% bp gel for 10 days now and nothing has changed since then.

Did my acne go away..not realy. 10days is not much time.

Only thing is, i have so many acne becuase of my oily skin which i can't help it.

i have managed to decrease my extreme oil production with about 50% .. but it has taken me 1,5 years... The only products i have been using is a mild soap free cleanser once a day and pure jojoba oil as moisturizer...

it will never go away.. but you will learn to live with it... sort of sad.gif

well, maybe you should look in the over-the-counter acne med. forum. there are all of these b5 threads. b5, when taken in large doses is supposed to drastically reduce oil.

10% BP, really helped my excessively oily skin. I just take care to avoid the neck and eye area which obviously need a lot of moisture and no drying out! The BP has really helped the oily appearance of my skin on the rest of my face. It's cut oil production by 50 to 75% which is a real blessing. My skin was INCREDIBLY oily and it was embarrassing.

2.5% and even 5% BP did nothing for oil production, although they did clear up my skin.

I feel for us super oily folks 10% BP is the best. Too bad the dry effects are not touted enough for us oily skin folks. For us it's a positive and not a negative!

I started the BP regime, only thing now is the reddness...tomato red. Looks like a horrible sunburn that went worse. And i'm only using 2.5%bp, and i am doing it gradually. I use cetaphil moisturizer, are there better ones that dont leave your face greasy or anything? Thx.

WZA I dont think B5's would do anygood since my face is supper dry not oily anymore because of the BP. Pedro, my diet is the normal for any teen, not to much sweet. Do eat bread, milk, not to many fruits or veggies, lots of meat. But does that really affect the redness? I just want to fix the redness due to the dry skin i have now from the BP. Thanks.

I think if you over wash or over medicate your skin will produce even more oil trying to "make up" for the lost oil. What I do is buy an ass load of those oil absorbing sheets and use those throughout the day. Also, drink A LOT of water. I would definitely stay away from 10% bp when 2.5 is just as good.

I think if you over wash or over medicate your skin will produce even more oil trying to "make up" for the lost oil. What I do is buy an ass load of those oil absorbing sheets and use those throughout the day. Also, drink A LOT of water. I would definitely stay away from 10% bp when 2.5 is just as good.

it is true if your to dry your skin will produce more oil.

cuz i used to use all these products be4 i was educated and id still have a lot of oil and i was like wtf?

so unless im trying to fight a whitehead then i just use soap and it balances out your oil production over a couple weeks.. your skin says im not as dry thus i dont need to produce more oil.

get it? eusa_dance.gif

it is true if your to dry your skin will produce more oil.

cuz i used to use all these products be4 i was educated and id still have a lot of oil and i was like wtf?

so unless im trying to fight a whitehead then i just use soap and it balances out your oil production over a couple weeks.. your skin says im not as dry thus i dont need to produce more oil.

get it?  eusa_dance.gif