Wet Shaving Better ...

Notifications
Clear all

Wet Shaving Better Than Electric?

MemberMember
(@daveoh)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:21 pm

I've gone back and forth between wet shaving and electric shaving. I went back to wet shaving a few weeks ago, but instead of canned shave gel and a Gillette disposable (Fusion or Mach 3), I went old school. I got a double edged safety razor, Proraso shave soap (contains eucalyptus and menthol) and a badger brush. I slap some witch hazel on as an aftershave.

I'm starting to wonder if my electric was causing me more irritation, because my skin has been doing well since I went back to wet shaving. I'm still mastering the double edged blade and I still get the occasional nick, but a dab from the styptic pencil takes care of them. Certainly the quality of the shave is much better and closer than the electric razor.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/14/2013 7:34 pm

razor is closer but as someone w/ acne, electric has a few important positives. i should mention though ive only started using an electric a few months ago but it is a 200$ shaver and probably the best on the market.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/17/2013 3:23 am

electric irritated my acne and made it worse so you are not alone. I did proper cleaning after every use. Didn't seem to matter.

I went to the gillette shave gel (sensitive) and then use the same razors my gf uses for her legs. They are three blades and work not to bad. Cheaper than the 3 blade Gillette ones i used to buy. I would love to try a safety razor but I am too nervous about doing so and i would need to buy the other stuff too. For right now my option is cheap and it works, for now though.

Glad to hear im not alone.