Notifications
Clear all

Best Moisturiser For Hormonal Acne Prone Skin?

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:17 pm

Hello :)

After years of drying out my skin with face washes and harsh topical creams and courses of accutane and picking and pulling and scratching at my poor poor skin, I am trying to look after it as best as I can.

What is the best moisturiser to use for hormonal acne prone skin? I only break out around my jawline and lower cheeks like the sides of my chin not the actual chin itself. My forehead stays clear all the time - my T zone is not an issue.

Any reccomendations?

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:26 pm

CeraVe mosturising lotion is good. My skin is definitely "hormonal" and this stuff is good for me. I'm not overly oily or dry but it gives the right amount of moisture and has that hydraluronic acid in it which is meant to be good for helping your skin repair and to protect it as well. It's fragrance-free so it's not irritating, "non-gimmicky" stuff that is good for damaged skin like mine.

MemberMember
(@tashathewhale)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:11 pm

Personally, either the Nelsons balancing moisturister or the garnier pure active hautklar ones are the best. They balance oils and leave your skin feeling amazing! In my opinion i prefer the nelsons one, but the garnier one would definitely be more suited to someone with drier skin as it hydrates the skin more than the nelsons one

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 11/17/2013 2:12 pm

I have recently been trying La Roche Posay: Effaclar Duo. Can't comment on it much though as I have only used it for 4 or 6 days or so. But it seems to be making red marks go away so far.

MemberMember
(@alainax3)

Posted : 11/26/2013 12:04 am

I have acne in the same areas you do, with no issues in my t-zone or forehead. Just on personal preference, I like the clinique dramatically different mostureizing GEL. The lotion is okay, but ends up feeling kinda thick and heavy. I know a lot of people recommend cerave for this type of acne, but that also always feels too thick for me and when I use it at night I wake up feeling so oily.

I like the clinque because it's light and dries quickly but is such an intense moisturizer it always keeps my dry skin at bay from using topicals or antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 12/05/2013 1:23 pm

Triderma Anti Redness facial lotion goes on well under make-up and is creamy without being greasy. Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin has also been decent for me. I would also look at Neutrogena's Sensitive Skin moisturizers products.

I've found anything with dimethicone breaks me out, even though its not supposed to be comedogenic; even many moisturizers for "acne-prone" skin have perfumes and fatty fillers that clog pores (in my experience, at least).

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 05/06/2014 5:31 pm

yeah some creams can definatly feel 'heavy' and too much for your face - like you will do it more harm by clogging it than good! the gels sound like a good option - thank you for the reccomendations everyone i will look into these.I tried OCM (oil cleansing) and it didnt seem to suit my skin :/

I have acne in the same areas you do, with no issues in my t-zone or forehead. Just on personal preference, I like the clinique dramatically different mostureizing GEL. The lotion is okay, but ends up feeling kinda thick and heavy. I know a lot of people recommend cerave for this type of acne, but that also always feels too thick for me and when I use it at night I wake up feeling so oily.

I like the clinque because it's light and dries quickly but is such an intense moisturizer it always keeps my dry skin at bay from using topicals or antibiotics.