Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ospray

lemon juice method

I hear people drink lemon in water to help the scaring and I am wondering if drinking lemonade (made with real lemons of course) does the same trick.

Stop it - you're killing me! biggrin.gif

Lemonade will not help scarring, nor will lemon in water. Lemon juice, or anything else very acidic may help a little on the face, but in this day and age it hardly seems logical. This is what I call the Jan Brady Method. I don't watch a lot of Brady Bunch, but I don't think it worked for Jan, either.

hm, I'm a little glad it's killing you if you had to reply that rudely. Perhaps someone should change the FAQ at the top of the board that says lemon juice helps.

ospray: This is a method that someone with scarring had shared with a previous Moderator. Some people have said they feel it helps for redmarks and shallow scarring However, I myself tried this method and didn't see any improvement in my moderate to severe scarring. Everyone is different.

That being said, Lemonade is different from lemon in water in that Lemonade contains sugar. You could always give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

oldguy, ospray probably thought you were being rude because you laughed at what was, to her(or him), a legitimate question.

ospray, i think oldguy didn't know you were being serious.

by the way, i think the reason that all of that lemon water helps is because you are drinking all of that water. some people don't get enough water (like me) and when i drink loads of water my very mild scarring is less appearant. it doesn't do too much for my hyperpigmentation, though.

Hmm. I agree with Mom that once the scars are there it is highly unlikely that anything taken internally will help them, but with relatively new scars which may still be in the process of healing, you may see some improvement in the healing process if you optimise your diet by taking supplements of vitamins c and e, and zinc, perhaps along with other supplements such as spirulina and propolis which theoretically help with skin regeneration.

But unfortunately, as Mom said, supplements are not likely to cause any improvements for scars that are over a year old. (despite Dr Perricone's claims about alpha lipoic acid)

like i said, if i drink a ton of water for like a week straight, my indented scars are somewhat filled out. i know that's not a permanent fix for scars but if you kept it up, i think it would keep working.