Notifications
Clear all

1St Accutane Course! - 17 Y/o Boy (With Weekly Pics)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/12/2013 2:23 pm

Hello! smile.png

First off.. I'm not wether from the USA or UK, and my natural language is not english - but I hope that you do understand me even though!

My acne began back in the start of 2012 I guess, and it developed exponentially, really. It was/is very hard for me to tackle this, and it affects me lot as regards to behavior, etc. Then first off I went to the pharmacy and bought some benzoyl peroxide, first 5% and later on the 10% - and no one did help my acne, and my acne kept developing. I went to my doctor and got some stronger benzoyl peroxide prescribed, clindoxyl gel to apply every night before bed - it didn't help(I was on this for around 3-5 weeks). Then I was put on clindamycin, some liquid thing to apply on my pimplets - which neither didn't help at all, unfortunately. Then I was put on erythromycin for 3½ months (first month 25 mg and 50 mg afterwards), I told my doctor about absolutely no improvements and I got referred (dont know if this is the right word) to a derm. I had at this time spent a LOT of time searching about different kinds of drug etc, and I thought that Accutane would be good for me, and searched furthermore about the accutane side effects etc.

Then today I had this appointment with my derm (I have been looking forward to this a VERY lot), and I really hoped that he would prescribe me accutane. First off he just talked about pimplets in genereal and how they occured. Then he suggested me Accutane at first (I didn't even have to talk about the affecting), and I was so relieved and thankful! I needed to go through some blood test before the start of the course, so I went to my doctor right after for a blood test, and my derm will have the results tomorrow. which means that I'm starting tomorrow!!! I'm so excited, really! I was put on 40 mg a day the first bit of time, and then he would consider later on about gaining in mg's etc. I was told that the course will run for 4-5 moths, which is alright I guess.

I've been reading a lot of personal logs in this acne community, and I'm so amazed about a lot of the results, which just maked me even more ecited! biggrin.png I bought some products today at the pharmacy that my derm suggested me, and will buy some more products tomorrow, hehe biggrin.png

I am looking forward to this journey, and hopefully it will clear up my acne - HOPEFULLY!

PICTURES OF ME AROUND 2-3 WEEKS AGO (LOOKS LIKE THIS TODAY):

post-356821-0-87003300-1384370914.jpg

post-356821-0-24463800-1384370966.jpg

post-356821-0-42426000-1384370977.jpg

post-356821-0-45839400-1384370985.jpg

If you guys have any question, then feel free to ask smile.png And if anyone of you has any advice that you would like to give, it would be appreciated a LOT!

Thanks you for your attention, have a very nice day smile.png

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/12/2013 3:43 pm

Nice, Im so excited. Im on 40 mg A Day, and what about you?:)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/13/2013 9:19 am

DAY 1 (YAAAY)

Soo.. I called my derm today, and he had got the results from the blood test - it was all fine. Then I went to the pharmacy finally to get accutane! And now I've just took my first pill, it's an amazing feeling... Im so excited, and i have just started my journey! Wish me luck biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Furthermore I bought some bio oil, any tips about applying? I am planning to was my face at night, then apply the bio oil and let it soak. Then apply my mousturizer and go to bed (and of course applying lip balm etc.) I have also bought a nice body lotion to apply at my body (of course, lol)

Please let accutane help meeeeee smile.png

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/14/2013 7:41 am

DAY 2

Haven't really felt any side effects yet (obviously I guess).. I tried applying the bio oil yesterday afternoon, but since my skin still is very oily, I think I will wait till it's getting more dry (hopefully it it will because of accutane :D) I tried my body lotion, lip balm and face mousturizer (I swear I never remember hot the word is spelled :D), that I am going to use while on accutane. The lip balm and and body lotion felt very good! I dont think that I will use the face mousturizer I have bought yet, because my oily skin, and the mousturizer is for dry-very dry skin, so I'm just using my old mousturizer for oily skin, then when the side effects kicks in I switch :D ANd start to use bio oil.. I'm so excited!!! weeeehhh.. I have started drinking whole milk (dont know if this is the word), but it's the milk with the highest fat-containing.. It's better when taking the pills, my derm said :) Everything is fine so far, I have like 4-5 white heads on my face on jawline and chin, but it's okay, they're not big at all :)

Hope that everyone of you have a nice day :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/14/2013 1:33 pm

Nice, Im so excited. Im on 40 mg A Day, and what about you?:)

I'm on 40 mg a day as well I'm taking Claravis... Today actually marks my week point in treatment!

DAY 2

Haven't really felt any side effects yet (obviously I guess).. I tried applying the bio oil yesterday afternoon, but since my skin still is very oily, I think I will wait till it's getting more dry (hopefully it it will because of accutane :D) I tried my body lotion, lip balm and face mousturizer (I swear I never remember hot the word is spelled :D), that I am going to use while on accutane. The lip balm and and body lotion felt very good! I dont think that I will use the face mousturizer I have bought yet, because my oily skin, and the mousturizer is for dry-very dry skin, so I'm just using my old mousturizer for oily skin, then when the side effects kicks in I switch :D ANd start to use bio oil.. I'm so excited!!! weeeehhh.. I have started drinking whole milk (dont know if this is the word), but it's the milk with the highest fat-containing.. It's better when taking the pills, my derm said :) Everything is fine so far, I have like 4-5 white heads on my face on jawline and chin, but it's okay, they're not big at all :)

Hope that everyone of you have a nice day :)

Sorry I just read this post after I already commented, but did your derm say why he recommended whole milk?

Congrats on your 1 week mark! have you experienced any side effects so far?? And what is Claravis btw?:)

My derm told me that it was better for the absorbing of the pill(do u understand me?:)) and he actually told me it was quit important, so Im just drinking A glass of whole milk for dinner and breakfast, and obviously whole milk with oats.

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/14/2013 2:34 pm

Congrats on your 1 week mark! have you experienced any side effects so far?? And what is Claravis btw?smile.png

My derm told me that it was better for the absorbing of the pill(do u understand me?smile.png) and he actually told me it was quit important, so Im just drinking A glass of whole milk for dinner and breakfast, and obviously whole milk with oats.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you! Claravis is the brand of 'Tane I am using. I haven't had any side effect so far, which really surprised me because I have heard a lot of people that start out at low dosage and work up to 40mg. But yet again it is only week one! Yes I understand you, your english is great! But that's interesting about the milk thing.

Ohh Alright.. You have only been taking the pills for 1 week, side effects will probably soon kick in.. So much patience as regards to acne, unfortunately.. I dont know which brand I'm using, lol :D

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:05 pm

Ugggggh not looking forward to side effects!! REALLY nervous!! Feel like my face is already kinda getting better tho?? Have you felt any side effects even though its only been like 3 days?

Absolutely no side effects yet.. Im also very nervous, cause my skin so oily and it has always been oily, so getting dry skin seems unimaginable for me.. Better skin already? Well thats just very Nice I guess, thumbs up :)

Good Night :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/17/2013 3:01 pm

Day 4

I have been taking accutane for 4 days now, and i guess side effects soon are starting to kick in. My nostrils have become very dry, and i have applied vaseline because of the dryness. Actually dont know if this is due to accutane, but i hope it is :D

My skin is not as oily as before. I Will be taking some new photos at wednesday i guess. Sorry for the short message, but i have A very little amount of time at the moment.

Good Night everyone :)

MemberMember
(@aventus)

Posted : 11/18/2013 1:05 pm

'mirin

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/19/2013 10:15 am

Day 4

I have been taking accutane for 4 days now, and i guess side effects soon are starting to kick in. My nostrils have become very dry, and i have applied vaseline because of the dryness. Actually dont know if this is due to accutane, but i hope it is biggrin.png

My skin is not as oily as before. I Will be taking some new photos at wednesday i guess. Sorry for the short message, but i have A very little amount of time at the moment.

Good Night everyone smile.png

Ok I spoke too soon on face getting better I think haha.... no overall face dryness tho?? Weird!! I apply aquaphor on my lips like no ones buisness tho because I can NOT stand dry lips... just trying to prevent! I can't believe you are already feeling the dryness! Funny how the drug effect people different

So you haven't felt any difference to your face as regards dryness?? My nose was very oily before because of the blackheads.. Now I think that they're on their way out and my nose is not even oily anymore.. It's great.. I had a small breakout this morning, even though it's small it annoys me, and it's hard to keep my fingers away.. :( How far are you into your course so far? :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/20/2013 4:21 am

Uhhh.. 2 weeks Nice, 1 week today here. I have Got 2 Big pimples this morning, it sucks.. But hey? As you Said they are just on their Way out!! Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the Best. How long are u going to be on accutane??

Have A Nice Day ;)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/21/2013 9:22 am

Uhhh.. 2 weeks Nice, 1 week today here. I have Got 2 Big pimples this morning, it sucks.. But hey? As you Said they are just on their Way out!! Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the Best. How long are u going to be on accutane??

Have A Nice Day wink.png

Yep just on their way out! I have noticed some bigger ones on me as well, but its kinda cool because I have those few spots but everywhere else already looks better! (in my mind at least, who knows) I have 1 friend that said she didn't even get her IB until like week 3, but then again its a 50/50 chance you will even get an IB. For me my face now isn't worse than it was before I started, probably more cystic BUT I think its because I had a lot of lurking around under the skin stuff that my skin is saying "get the hell outta here!" yay, go skin bouncer haha my doctor said I will probably be on it for 5 months... so April come fast haha I'm ready for clear skin NOW!! You're only on it 90 days?

No, I just got pills for 90 days so far.. ACtually i do not know exactly if I should raise my daily mg?? My next appointment is at 28 january, I think i'm calling the derm tomorrow.. He hasn't even told me anything about blood test?? I thought it was needed after the 1st month?? Strange..

But I'm on 4-5 months he said, soo.... april come fast!! :D Summer 2014 is going to be amaaaaazing :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 11/21/2013 3:43 pm

No, I just got pills for 90 days so far.. ACtually i do not know exactly if I should raise my daily mg?? My next appointment is at 28 january, I think i'm calling the derm tomorrow.. He hasn't even told me anything about blood test?? I thought it was needed after the 1st month?? Strange..

But I'm on 4-5 months he said, soo.... april come fast!! biggrin.png Summer 2014 is going to be amaaaaazing smile.png

Awesome we will finish the same time!! Summer is going to be AMAZING!! I actually was thinking about that the other day haha BUT that's really strange that he was like "Here's 90 days worth, see ya later." I think you're supposed to get a blood test every month? Idk tho, my first derm app is Monday unsure.png I half hope we ups my dose so that it just clears sooner, but at the same time I hope he doesn't because I don't want a BAD IB and for my symptoms to get worse because right now they are for sure livable. We will see what he has to say! Keep the positive thoughts up and let me know what your derm says when you call!hifive.gif

Yeah, same time is pretty cool - and we can follow each other throughout the journey ;) Indeed, summer 2014 is going to be a dream.. really..

I just found out that my derm has phone time mon-thur, so I'm wating for monday to phone him.. Good luck with your app! :) Let me know how it went.

Thinking positive is the best, so keep ding it! Don't let anything let you down, and NOT acne! Smile! Clear skin will be there in just a moment! :)

Good evening

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 12/01/2013 2:03 pm

Day 19

Godd afternoon everyone, sorry because i haven't been updating the blog for a while, I have just been very busy with school, work etc.

Side effects has really kicked in. My face has become very dry, but it's alright - if just I remember to mistourize every morning and afternoon. My lips has also become very dry.. But lip balm every morning/night, then it's okay, and of course a lip balm in my pocket always :D My eyes has become dry as well, but with eye drops, it's alright. My acne hasn't improved so far, but hasn't got worse, it's like the same. I think all these side effects are worth it for a beautiful skin in the end, so I'm crossing fingers for accutane to work. Accutane hasn't really affected my mood so far, which is very good, just looking forward till the end!!!!

Sorry for the short update, but my time is very limited, but I guess a small update is better than nothing..

Hope that you all had had a very nice weekend, and happy 1st december :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 12/06/2013 9:38 am

Day 24

Skin still very dry, and since it's a very stormy weather at the moment, my skin is becoming even more dry, so I REALLY need to remember to moisturize before going out.. My eyes have become very dry as well, and I have started using eye drops more often than before (And I really need to carry eye drops all the time).. To be in school with dry eyes, and no eye drops is HORRIBLE, really :D It's so painful.. My nose has become more dry, and the good thing (very good thing) is that ALL of my blackheads are on their way out!!! When I looked at myself in the morning I could see each of my blackheads! No big breakouts recently, still got some big pimplets on my cheeks, but it's alright I guess.. Hopefully everything turns to be good and positive now, and no more acne!

I hope that everyone is doing well, and you're happy (EVEN WITH ACNE!!).. Acne should not affect your mood! Have a very nice weekend :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 12/13/2013 9:28 am

Month 1

First month passed!! Wehhh.. I talked with my derm yesterday and I'm not going to increase in mg/day, and not going to have blood tests (I thought it was strange?).. He said it was like unnecessary. My next appointment is on january 30, where I will be having blood test, and probably adjust my mg/day. The 1st month hasn't been that bad as I thought.. No actual IB's, and will hopefully not come.. My face hasn't really improved, but has stayed the same I guess, but hopefully i will see improvements soon! Hopefully! Almost every blackhead on my nose has disappeared, which is great! I'm not getting pimplets as before on my chin, but still have a lot red marks though, but I guess they are improving by fading. Still getting lots of pimplets on my cheeks, It's hard no to pop them before any activity, and it's just hard to suffer from acne in general........ I really hope that accutane will clear up my skin!!

I hope that everyone of you are having a nice time! Merry Christmas :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 12/26/2013 5:50 am

Day 44

Haven't got any big pimplets in the past on my chin, which is great! and it looks like my red marks is fading! Actually my right cheek is getting a lot better! Haven't got any pimplets!! only a little bit on my jawline, but hasn't affected me that much!! :) And btw, my right cheek is felling very soft! it's amazing, no bumps at all.. But on my left cheek im still getting medium/big pimplets leaving red marks, I try to avoid popping, and im doing good I guess.. Hopefully I wont get anymore pimplets on my left cheek as well as I'm not getting on my right cheek!! My forehead is like what it always has been, a bit pimplets but not anything at all compared to my face.. I might upload a few pictures the next days, so you can see my actual face and situation right now..

I hope that everyone have had a nice christmas with a lot of presents and love! My biggest wish for christmas was a clear skin, so I reaaaaally hope that my wish will come true! :)

hugs :)))

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 01/01/2014 9:54 am

DAY 50 WUHUUUUU

Overall my face has started to improve I guess! Im not getting as much pimplets as before! Chin is staying the same, no new pimplets, and red marks are fading slowly!! Cheeks have improved a lot, cause I'm not getting so much pimplets anymore, which is great! Aaaand red marks are still fading! Forehead is still the same, getting pimplets sometimes, but not worse... Now I'm getting pimplets places where I haven't got before, anyone who has experienced this?? I have recently got 4-5 around my right temple (Is this the word??),,,, Appointment with my derm at January 30, which is getting close!! :)

I wish everyone a happy new year! :)

MemberMember
(@cococrispys)

Posted : 01/04/2014 8:53 pm

Thanks for posting this log!

Can you please post pictures for now?

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 01/05/2014 7:35 am

DAY 54

Bad news.. As i thought my face just was going to improve, my thoughts were wrong. I have got a IB, and I'm breaking out a lot, it's so terrible. I hate looking at myself in the mirror, and I really want to look at myself and be happy, but it's so hard with this acne.. Im trying to hold my head up, probably gonna stay at home from school tomorrow.. Here are some pictures of me taken 5 mins ago, literally.. Looks so horrible :(

post-356821-0-05777800-1388925218.jpg

post-356821-0-80729200-1388925280.jpg

post-356821-0-90417400-1388925296.jpg

Hugs ...

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/05/2014 4:22 pm

Keep strong man! I'm going through a breakout here through upping my dosage for my second month. It will get better eventually.

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 01/06/2014 6:02 am

I'm trying to hold my head up as much as possible even though it's very hard.. Thank you for your support :) I'm almost at my 2nd month too, still at 40 mg per day, but having a derm appointment on january 30, so maybe he's upping my dosage..

I stayed home from school today, unfortunately..

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 01/10/2014 9:02 am

Oh no I am sorry sad.png I just started my 3rd month yesterday and boy was the end of month 2 hard for me!! Maybe we just got our IB's later in treatment? Here I was all happy thinking I was one of the lucky few who didn't get an IB, WRONG. Went to the derm yesterday tho and he went thru and popped a lot of my under the skin ones so my skin looks so how kinda better? Idk! I was horrible the last week tho! Luckily we are getting far enough in treatment that it's closer to the end! Keep your head up, it will be worth it! I hope eusa_pray.gif

Thanks so much for your reply, kenzie.. Hehe, I did also thought that I wouldn't get an IB, but yeah.. I was wrong, just like you.. My IB is though clearing up at the moment.. Still looks bads, because of the red marks and stuff, but it's a lot better than before. Ohh... My reg doctor actually told me to ALWAYS leave the pimplets alone.. Dunno if my derm will pop some of them though.. Having an appointment on January 30, looking forward to it! We are almost halfway there!! I really hope that accutane will clear both of us up!

Hugs! :)

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 01/13/2014 9:22 am

Day 62 (Month 2!)

Weehhh 2 months have passed! I have not got any pimplets recently after my IB, my face is improving but still bad after the IB! I guess my red marks have faded on my cheeks, cause I'm not really getting as much pimplets as earlier.. It's so great!!! :) I'm so happy at the moment, and I do really hope for that my face only is going to improve from now on! Would be so awesome for me, really.. Everything is just great at the moment, and I can hardly even think about my skin (which is great), cause I'm so busy with school, my girlfriend, work etc.. Aaaaannnd it has just started snowing today!! weeehhh snowballs :D

Hope that everyone is having a good time, hugs :)

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/13/2014 2:49 pm

sounds like you're happy now! :)