Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin A

MemberMember
(@bobert09)

Posted : 11/12/2013 1:25 pm

I've been dealing with acne for over 8 years. I recently got prescribed Accutane, but after reading about the numerous possible side effects I'm becoming extremely weary of continuing using it.

I have read that taking large quantities of Vitamin A will give me the same results but with alot less risk. Has anyone tried this?

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 11/12/2013 6:06 pm

I tried, with no success. Instead, I got much worse scarring and no effect on acne.

MemberMember
(@trustfuldash)

Posted : 11/12/2013 6:23 pm

I am on my 12th day of Accutane and so far I have had minimum side effects. Chapped lips and inflamed face are examples, the flushing of the face went away with a couple days though. I am very satisfied with how fast my face cleared up. I was very scared of taking this drug because of all the negativity surrounding it. I changed my mind at least a dozen times but after I got up one day and looked in the mirror, I said screw this I cant take it no more. I talked to several people that have taken it and their face has cleared up. I am taking a vitamin c supplement along with Biotin with it to put back what this drug takes away in your body. I hope this helps..If you do decide to take it, stock up on Carmex, Cetaphil, and Dove bodywash. Good luck!