Notifications
Clear all

When Antibiotics Stop Working?

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/11/2013 9:55 pm

Hello (: A few months ago, I started getting inflammatory acne, mostly large pustules. The doctor gave me antibiotics, clindamycin phosphate gel to be exact. I've been using them for a month, twice a day, and it works beautifully. But I've heard that antibiotics eventually stop working.

For approximately how long will they last me?

Will I break out all of a sudden, or slowly?

Will my acne get worse?

What other treatment is good for long term control of inflammatory acne?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/12/2013 12:55 am

I was on antibioics once a day for 3 months and it totally cleared me up. I stayed clear for about 10 months and slowly it started to come back and it seemed to be worse. I took another round of antibiotics after that and it went away much slower than it did the first time.

It never really worked for me because it was a temporary fix.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/12/2013 2:33 am

I was on antibioics once a day for 3 months and it totally cleared me up. I stayed clear for about 10 months and slowly it started to come back and it seemed to be worse. I took another round of antibiotics after that and it went away much slower than it did the first time.

Did you use the same antibiotic that you had used before or did you switch to a different kind?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/12/2013 2:42 am

Did you use the same antibiotic that you had used before or did you switch to a different kind?

I used the same kind. Minocycline.

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 11/12/2013 7:31 pm

When I first used topical clindamycin, it worked beautifully. I used it on and off for 1-2 years, and all I know is that it won't do a damn thing for me anymore.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/12/2013 8:10 pm

I used the same kind. Minocycline.

Hmmmmm. Maybe I'll take that one next if my Clindamycin stops working. Is it topical or gel?

When I first used topical clindamycin, it worked beautifully. I used it on and off for 1-2 years, and all I know is that it won't do a damn thing for me anymore.

It worked beautifully for me too! I love it and I was so happy until I heard that it was temporary. I'm gonna try to use it as little as I can so maybe its effect will last longer.