Notifications
Clear all

Cleared My Clogged Pores/acne Within 2 Weeks...but....

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 11/10/2013 10:28 am

Yeah there's always a but sad.png

Well the but is that I have been using a regimen that most likely will not work for the long term. It's one of those regimens where you have to constantly keep using for the rest of your life (That is if your skin does not get used to it and regimen ceases to work like usual).

Anyway a bit about my skin...I rarely get cystic acne and if I do its probably that occasional inflamed pimple every 6 months or so..but what I do get is clogged/blocked pores. They are everywhere on my face. Literally! Well actually they were, and now they are gone because of my new regimen. They are only visible in light or sunlight and they are small and evil. Evil because they are hard to get rid of. But I finally did..well for now.. biggrin.png

So what have I been using you ask?

Mornings:

- Wake up, brush teeth, apply very very gentle soap free cleanser on face with a cleansing brush..I have been using Hamilton Skin Active Urederm Cleanser. And that's it. I don't even use any moisturiser after that but if you want to follow this regimen and you really need to then only apply a water based moisturiser on your dry parts only.

Nights:

- I Apply the same cleanser as stated above with the cleansing brush and wash it all off with water and then with my skin still wet I apply Clean and Clear Advantage Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with my hands and not the brush and I leave it on for about 1 minute. I Avoid the mouth area and eye area as these places are really sensitive on anyones face. (Note: I live in Australia so the Clean and Clear Advantage Continuous Control Acne Cleanser only contains 5% Benzoyle Peroxide rather than the US version that contains 10% Unless they changed it...but I wouldn't know) Anyway after the 1 minute is over I wash my face with water and then pat dry with a towel. I wait 5 or so minutes and then apply a benzoyle peroxide gel on my problem areas. I use Dr. Lewinn's Medic Spot Clear Gel (Once again if you want to follow this regimen and you can't find the exact Dr. Lewinn's product that I am using then I suggest any sort of BP gel at a 2.5% strength). I then play on my phone for a while and go to sleep :)

NOTE 1: I sometimes leave the BP wash and gel from my regimen for one night and then use it again the next night or the night after just so my skin does not get too irritated or used to BP.

NOTE 2: For any skin regimen you need to have a good night sleep. You always need a minimum of 8 hours sleep.. In my case I sleep for 12 ;P

NOTE 3: I haven't made any drastic changes to my diet.. I don't take any vitamins although from time to time I do take a women's multi vitamin. But I haven't taken anything while on this new regimen. I don't eat healthy at all..I eat a lot of oily foods for example I just had a large quarter pounder meal from McDonald's just before writing this..

NOTE 4: If you want a quick regimen that will work in time for any special day your looking forward to I recommend this regimen smile.png

So ya that is my regimen and here are the before and afters

--BEFORE--

post-207556-0-33866700-1384096702.jpg

--AFTER--

post-207556-0-16620100-1384096732.jpg

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/10/2013 1:36 pm

Hmm, i think it's actually the exfoliation that's giving you results.
What do you think?

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 11/10/2013 10:32 pm

What do you think?

Ya it could be. Wait.. do you mean ex-foliation from the BP? or using the brush? because I have been using the brush for ages and it didn't make any difference to my skin.. only after using BP did my skin get better.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/13/2013 4:54 pm

What do you think?

Ya it could be. Wait.. do you mean ex-foliation from the BP? or using the brush? because I have been using the brush for ages and it didn't make any difference to my skin.. only after using BP did my skin get better.

hmmm, interesting.

Oh well, good job for finding your solution for these bumps! :)

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 11/16/2013 8:53 am

What do you think?

hmmm, interesting.

Oh well, good job for finding your solution for these bumps! :)

Thanks! =]

MemberMember
(@jaaynabi)

Posted : 01/12/2014 11:08 pm

Hey, I was just wondering how long did it take for you to see improvements? I have really bad clogged pores on my forehead and I recently bought the clean and clear continuous acne cleanser. I've been using it for three days, so far, morning and night (I'm not sure if that's too many times :\). I also wanted to buy a spot treatment but I'm not sure if I should get salicylic acid or BP....your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@jaaynabi)

Posted : 01/12/2014 11:09 pm

My bad...I just realized you wrote "within two weeks" Do you think it's because you've been using the spot treatment as well?