Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey ya'll.... I am dealing with some old red marks, mainly on my cheeks that just annoy the heck out of me. Well i have been getting glycolic peels for the past couple of months which have helped somewhat, but I really wanted a quicker result. So last week I had an appointment with a plastic surgeon and he prescribed me AVAGE, to get rid of some teeny little bumps leftover from my acne and lighten the marks. Avage is derived from tazarotene and is supposedly a lighter form of tazorac. Well I have been using this for 2 days and I have seen an amazing improvement in both my red marks and overall complexion. The only bad thing is i am peeling alot! Like more than when i get my glycolics. So my skin is a little on the dry side, but i hear that goes away within a week or two. I have a follow up appointment next week with the plastic surgeon and I shall post my results then. I hope AVAGE continues to do its job:)

"God is our ultimate comforter, through Christ and through the Holy Spirit. Comfort is relief from burdens, encouragement for a new day, hope that the pain and suffering will ultimately end."

where did you get this cream?

You have to get a prescription for it... luckily the plastic surgeon gave me a bunch of samples but it is an Rx, and from what i hear somewhat expensive (100 +). Go to avage.com for more info.

Avage -is- tazorac. The active ingredient in both is tazarotenic acid, a synthetic retinoid...

Avage is simply a more elegant cosmetic formula that, ostensibly, a pharmacy can charge much more for. If you've got dry skin, and no acne left.. just go for Tazorac Cream. (as opposed to gel)

what is tazorac?  is it a retinoid?

ya it is a retenoid, but from what i know a lighter retenoid... and avage is more delicate then tazorac... however i am very flaky right now so i can't imagine being on a stronger retenoid.

what is tazorac?  is it a retinoid?

ya it is a retenoid, but from what i know a lighter retenoid... and avage is more delicate then tazorac... however i am very flaky right now so i can't imagine being on a stronger retenoid.

tazorac? it's one of the most powerful retinoids on the market.. thats why it's only available by prescription