Notifications
Clear all

Raw Food For Acne And Scars My Journey

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/08/2013 5:16 pm

Hi guys I am sure some of you are wandering whether raw food for food acne and scars works so I decided I am going to go for I will be eating 100 percent raw for 6 months and I will report my progress every week. I decided to do this due to sucess on youtube of people clearing there acne. Any question s guys just post and I will get back to you

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/09/2013 5:06 pm

Ok guys so day 1 and i managed to eat every meal raw except dinner no real change in my skin will report back tommorrow

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:31 am

Uhm, I have to ask. What exactly are you eating raw??? Have you weighed the risks/benefits foodborne illness and infection from this? When someone saws raw, i mean i go right back to that House episode of the parents feeding their young 8 month old? daugther raw chicken because they read it on the internet. I'm so glad it was just TV i wanted to slap the parents. But, this stuff actually happens. And that child is helpless.

So, sorry for jumping the gun, but i hope this isn't what you mean. Its your body....

EDIT: Please can you tell me with evidence why you are doing this? I am unknowledgeable in this area when it comes to eating raw anything. Eggs are even iffy for me. I like my food cooked.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 11/10/2013 8:23 am

I am pretty sure zavvi is referring to a raw vegan diet, which means - uncooked, unprocessed organic foods. All of which should be safe to eat, assuming that they are clean. So really all it's going to consist of is fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds and grains. I should hope zavvi wouldn't be eating raw chicken! huh.png

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/10/2013 5:23 pm

I am pretty sure zavvi is referring to a raw vegan diet, which means - uncooked, unprocessed organic foods. All of which should be safe to eat, assuming that they are clean. So really all it's going to consist of is fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds and grains. I should hope zavvi wouldn't be eating raw chicken! huh.png

Haha yep no raw chicken just raw fruit and veg nuts and seeds so guys day 2 was not bad quite the same is day 1

Uhm, I have to ask. What exactly are you eating raw??? Have you weighed the risks/benefits foodborne illness and infection from this? When someone saws raw, i mean i go right back to that House episode of the parents feeding their young 8 month old? daugther raw chicken because they read it on the internet. I'm so glad it was just TV i wanted to slap the parents. But, this stuff actually happens. And that child is helpless.

So, sorry for jumping the gun, but i hope this isn't what you mean. Its your body....

EDIT: Please can you tell me with evidence why you are doing this? I am unknowledgeable in this area when it comes to eating raw anything. Eggs are even iffy for me. I like my food cooked.

Look it up on youtube raw food and acne scars theres a few people that healed there acne from this

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/10/2013 11:52 pm

I sure hope so. I get that its his body, but there are consequences that I hope he is aware of. If its just nonmeats then sure I would say go for it. Meat though.. different story.

MemberMember
(@starviolet)

Posted : 11/11/2013 10:52 pm

LOL How is raw food going to do anything for scars? Scars are permanent. I can see the raw food helping your (active) acne however as your BMI is going to go down as well as your sebum production so you should definitely see a decrease.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 11/12/2013 4:59 pm

LOL How is raw food going to do anything for scars? Scars are permanent. I can see the raw food helping your (active) acne however as your BMI is going to go down as well as your sebum production so you should definitely see a decrease.

look it on yourtube its not a loss of tissue that i am trying to cure

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 11/15/2013 11:49 pm

I'm sure you'll see great benefits!

Just make sure you take 2000micrograms of B12 per week! This is vital!!!

I'd also advise taking an organic Deva nutrition multivitamin, or a wholefood multivitamin by Dr Ben Kim. A scoop of organic super green powder (chorella/ wheatgrass/ spirulina) in fresh veg/ fruit juices would also be helpful. And don't forget chia seeds, grapeseed oil, flaxseed and/ or DHA/ EPA/ Omega 3 algae supplementation by Deva Nutrition. (Sea vegetables/ kelp are also good for iodine, a vital nutrient). Look into virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil too or real coconut water/ milk/ fresh coconut nut flesh. Great for overall health & your brain.

And lastly, please ensure you research widely on what makes a healthy, nutrient dense/ complete raw vegan diet plan. You don't want to miss out on key vitamins/ nutrients/ fats. A daily food log would be helpful too to help track your of your protein/ calorie/ vitamin/ mineral/ fat/ oil etc intake.

Good luck!! smile.png

PS You'll also need daily direct sunlight on exposed skin for vitamin D. Just don't burn! Deva nutrition has a vegan type of vitamin d which is also helpful. Please research widely for optimum levels.

PPS If you can, speak to a vegan nutritionist for diet advice. Or visit many expert raw vegan forums for advice.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 11/16/2013 5:44 pm

Aqua sea,you have fallen into the b12 fraud.

I know meat eater with under normal levels of b12.

If you look at a fruitarian named anne osborne ,she did an orange juice fast ,55days and her b12 were at normal range with

ONLY oranges!!!But at the low side of course.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/08/2014 3:02 pm

right guys i will give a proper update on june but so far my skin has this glow pretty cool

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 03/08/2014 6:20 pm

right guys i will give a proper update on june but so far my skin has this glow pretty cool

what exactly are you eating? are you juicing veggies and fruit? If not , you might want to try it out. Check out my thread about my success with it!!

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 03/09/2014 6:58 pm

As a person who consumes lots of raw vegan juice, and eats huge amounts of whole fruits and vegetables, etc, I still tell everyone who will listen that vegan is not the way to go, particularly if you're wanting to heal scarring and wounds (acne). Unfortunately as omnivores, we are not very good at processing large amounts of cellulose and getting nutrition from it in the same way a ruminant animal is. That's why juicing is such a boon for us humans; It removes most of the cellulose so you can get to the nutrition, which is basically what's going on in the gullet of an herbivore.

I didn't have extensive scarring, but I did have a few indentations (some were actually from the chicken pox... I was a picker/scratcher) before starting a whole-food, nutrient-dense diet. I eat organ meats, am certain to consume a large amount of bone broth (which contains gelatin), and do juice large amounts of vegetables as well. I avoid too much grain due to the high glycemic index, and also don't eat many legumes unless they are soaked overnight and soured using whey. Bottom line is that my scarring didn't improve until I was getting animal fat from pastured animals and eggs, and getting a fair amount of gelatin from bone broths. Bone broths contain collagen and gelatin and help with wound healing. They used to be a staple in army hospitals for this reason.

Going raw vegan does help with acne because it is usually very low calorie. Even if you stuff yourself with raw vegetables, you still aren't going to get that many calories in yourself per day. Going low-cal means you're not getting big insulin spikes, so acne generally improves. However, without fat-soluble vitamins and minerals from animal sources, you won't usually get what I define as "hardcore improvement". Hardcore improvement being clear skin that is glowy, rosy, supple, heals quickly, and takes care of itself.

I usually annoy people at health food stores who compliment me on my skin, asking me what I do... they nod with approval when I talk about lots of raw vegan juice, and they look like a cross between peeved and shocked when I say "...and pastured beef liver, bone broths, and cod liver oil."

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 03/10/2014 12:25 am

Going raw vegan does help with acne because it is usually very low calorie. Even if you stuff yourself with raw vegetables, you still aren't going to get that many calories in yourself per day. Going low-cal means you're not getting big insulin spikes, so acne generally improves. However, without fat-soluble vitamins and minerals from animal sources, you won't usually get what I define as "hardcore improvement". Hardcore improvement being clear skin that is glowy, rosy, supple, heals quickly, and takes care of itself.

That's funny, there are plenty of vegans with bad acne. There goes that theory.

no two bodies are alike. You gotta continue learning about yourself and your body to find what works best for you. right? btw...eating healthy for the only purpose of having good skin is kinda like driving your car for the only purpose of listening to the radio. lol

ok not the best analogy but you get the point lol. See if you can focus on taking care of your insides, the skin will follow. and if that means eating a raw food diet, all the power to you!Do what works for you. period.

by the way why dont you make videos on youtube? Im sure youd get alot more feedback!

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 03/10/2014 7:38 am

Yes, there are plenty of traditional vegetarians and vegans with bad acne. This is because most vegans and vegetarians are filling up on cooked carbohydrates like bread, beans, rice, corn, potatoes etc. At least the ones I know do this. I saw a vegan friend of mine eat 5 whole pitas with an entire cup of hummus all in one sitting. She has cystic acne. The difference with raw veganism is that most carbohydrates are pretty nasty if you were to try to eat them raw. Nobody noshes on unprocessed wheat, or raw potatoes, and legumes are (very mildly) poisonous to humans unless they are properly prepared and cooked. Aside from fruits, raw vegans don't get much carbohydrate, and I've noticed that even very sweet fruits don't cause the same types of insulin spikes that white carbs and processed sugars do. I can eat bananas and pineapple, and my skin will look fine, but if I down a piece of cake, my skin will be a wreck in less than 24 hrs.

no two bodies are alike. You gotta continue learning about yourself and your body to find what works best for you. right? btw...eating healthy for the only purpose of having good skin is kinda like driving your car for the only purpose of listening to the radio. lol

ok not the best analogy but you get the point lol. See if you can focus on taking care of your insides, the skin will follow. and if that means eating a raw food diet, all the power to you!Do what works for you. period.

by the way why dont you make videos on youtube? Im sure youd get alot more feedback!

Unfortunately humans in general are pretty similar. We are not special snowflakes. Individual food sensitivities vary, but the things we all need to thrive (fat soluble vitamins, minerals, fat, protein etc) are essentially the same across the board, though some people may need more or less depending on their specific situation (pregnancy, bodybuilding, etc). It is impossible to get fat soluble vitamins and activators on a vegan diet, and most vegans supplement these vitamins (if they have any sense).