Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AliaD1984

Lots of random comments, questions...sorry

Hello all. I usually post every few months or so but I follow this board daily. I'd say my scarring is moderate. Some may say its mild, others with flawless skin may think its a little worse than moderate. So far, the only procedure I've done is 6 or 7 self 50% TCA crosses. My first cross was in Feburary and my latest was a few days ago. I'd say I've had a slight noticable improvement in many of my scars so I continue to do this every few months. I REALLLY want to have a dermabrasion performed by Dr Yarborough so I've been saving up and my mom said she'd help me pay for it. The only thing thats really preventing me from doing so is the fact that it is costly-but well worth it- and I need some more time to save up for the additional crap (travel,hotel,yadda yadda), and she is anti-traveling down to New Orleans or anywhere out of our area. I've been trying to convince her but shes definitely trying to persuade me to have a doctor in my area perform the dermabrasion instead -despite everything I've told her about risks, and the expertise of Dr. Y- .

I used to go tanning and I am naturally olive skinned so I admit, the tanning made my acne and red marks look alot better so I took advantage of it but last August my acne went crazy and around December last year I started noticing that my acne was leaving behind scars, not red marks, but indents. Since then my life has been inhibited because I already had social anxiety and now everyone thinks that it is my anxiety/depression that is holding me back from life when in reality, if my skin was better, I think that, although i'd still be a bit of an introvert, I'd conquer the world!!!!!! j/k.

Finally, about the dermabrasion. Perhaps someone nearby (I live in the suburbs O' Philly) would one day want to go to New Orleans and do the dermabrasion thing with me. Of course that would mean Id have to develop a friendship via computer with them for months before doing so and even then I might not have the "male reproductive organs" to meet up and go through with it, but hey thats just an idea. Also, I have about 8 or 9 ice picks, i think, 5 of which are more pronounced that the others as well as many shallow unnoticable indents all thoroughout both cheeks. And one area of my face has a cluster of boxcars and one rolling scar which is what I hate the most! the reason I hate it is because it has that burned/shiny texture look and is just looks like a bunch of indents bunched together producing this wavy effect. Question- What do you guys think about dermabrasion in regards to that whole shiny/burned skin effect? Do you think since dermabrasion literally takes layers off the skin, it could help not only the indents but that burn/shiny/uneven texture crap?

Whoa, this post was awfully long and for those who have stuck by and read it, thanks for your time and patience and I am sorry for such an elaborate explaination of my situation. BTW, products I use/enjoy are cetaphil, st ives apricot scrub, retin A micro, and benza-clin.

Have a great day tongue.gif

First of all, I must say you are absolutly gorgeous! wub.gif Moving along, I also have the indented wavy effect. I had dermabrasion with Dr. Y. in June and will be returning for a second one in Jan. It really does take the top layer of your skin off. It makes it much smoother. I still have the wavy effect and indented scars, but they are a bit shallower than before. I was told that subcision followed by dermabrasion would help with the waves, but others have that have had it done said that it did not do a whole lot for them.

As for seeing a doctor in your area for the dermabrasion, I recommend that you really research all that you can until you feel that you have read everything you possibly can. I still recommend Dr. Y., it's expensive, but it's well worth it to be postive that you are in good hands.

Best wishes,

Ann Marie

Ann Marie, May I say that you've just made my day,week...ah hell, MONTH! Thank you so much for the compliment. I havent seen your pictures but i bet YOURE the gorgeous one razz.gif It's funny because I check out pictures of lots of the people on this board and I'm thinking "jeez, theyre freaking beautiful" Anyway, after this post,i'm going to search this thing to read more into your dermabrasion experience. I'm sure that after your second dermabrasion, your skin will look even better. I think this whole thing is just one long journey. With different procedures, products, et cetera you really can achieve drastic results for your skin but it will burn a hole in your pocket and is very time consuming. Also, have you considered getting needling done to the wavy area? I'd really like to have that but I need to find a nearby, experienced person to do it. Right now, I'm trying to do all I can to prep my skin for my future dermabrasion. I would like to start doing some peels, needling, and a few more TCA crosses.

Good Luck, and thanks again Schweetie!! haha biggrin.gif

sheesh! Thank You Cameron:) My ego has been stroked alot today, woo hoo. I'm sure youre quite the looker yourself. Oh,but you should see me every morning when I wake up, fresh with wild hair, clearasil dots on my face, and some sweatpants on....its ehh, just lovely..yeah... lol

Alia, if I needed dermabrasion there's no one I'd do it with other than Dr. Y. considering what I've seen on these boards. Glad to hear you're going to make it happen. Hope you find someone to do it with. What a great idea. You could share expenses and stuff. I love it. I almost want to volunteer but I really don't think I'll need dermabrasion after I'm done with my Saline injection therapy. Great luck!!! eusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Violet. I agree with the Dr. Y stuff too! My idea of going to New Orleans with someone from here sounds nice in theory but it probably wont happen. My social anxiety is so hardcore that I can't even go to the local Wawa without spazzing lol. I wish you so much luck with your saline injection therapy. <passes good vibes>

yo Alia i read your first post and i was amazed at how much i understand you, i also feel like life is kinda passing me by because i don't want to go out due to these damn spots,,but whenever i take care of that i also think i could "conquer the world" jajaja

btw the idea of doing it with someone sounds great, i actually live an hour from new orleans, and have a consultation with dr. Y nov 15, so any help let me know

oh and just saw your pics...i must agree with everyone else, you are hot no matter if you have a little scaring, trust me, guys really don't care, specially if we are talking about someone as hot as yourself..

did i mention your hot? lol

Montana~LOL...is this National love Alia day or something? Once again thank you for the compliments hun. I'm sure you are gorgeous ,scars or not, and our hot little selves will one day conquer the world. As for you seeing Dr. Y...omg, yay!!! haha, thats great you live so close and if youre getting dermabrasion done, hes the one to go to, so good luck with that, I'm sure your results will be awesome.

Cameron~ noooo, that wasnt a stupid question. Well, the short explaination of TCA is that its one of the stronger acids out there. It comes in different percentages, 100% being the highest. A TCA peel is just what it sounds like...its a peel all over the face, usually using a low percentage of TCA. A TCA cross on the other hand, is usually a higher percentage like 50,65 and even 100% and its only put on the scars,not the entire face. Its best to have this procedure done by a doctor but some of us on here have performed it on ourselves. Some have gotten good results, some none, and I think some have burned themselves by doing it on their own. I think TCA cross works best on ice picks and maybe boxcars as opposed to rolling scars. If you do a search on here, theres loads of info on TCA cross! hope this helps and good luck wink.gif

I've never seen any of you before, but my instinct (which is always right :X )says you are all hot b*tches so NEVER EVER think anything less, ok? I think in the end, if we all keep trying at these many procedures, we will have the skin that we want but until then remember you are gorgeous, scars or not, and whoever lets something like scars change their opinion of you is yucky on the inside which comes right on through to the superficial layers...I know having people tell you youre perfect the way you are doesnt really matter because YOUR opinion is whats important, but people, YOU ARE. (((((hugs))))

hey alia:) you are lovely! i am hoping to do a dermabrasion sometime this coming spring with dr y, but i have alot to take care of till then (acne, a few needling sessions etc) but id love to do the dermabrasion with you if you are interested in having it done sometime this spring. smile.gif

TOO MUCH LOVE!!! lol....Thank you Obi and Caroline <3 Caroline, I would definitely love to talk about doing the derm stuff with you. Spring would be the best time for me also since I have loads of other stuff to do before I have the dermabrasion. I think next weekend I'll take some pics of my scarring so everyone can check it out <shrieks> Perhaps, I'll forget that it's Halloween and "accidentally" take pics with a mask on...oops...j/k.... ninja.gif

Hey, you are a pretty girl indeed smile.gif

I know just how you feel i had no acne scars before or even acne and then bam there they are after some bad acne, still i can cover most of it with my hair and the are shallow to mild, i am male but have long hair to almost my shoulders, to me they bother me and i still am getting some freaking acne in spots i never had like forehead and cheeks, but that's life u know. I am currently working full time and plan to do this sometime in march-april, i still attract women, heck even the gay guys at work hit on me(sucks i know) but i don't like my skin and i feel i'd rather get this out of the way now and get back to living.

Most of the time i feel i am not living, i'm just killing time.

If anyone is going around that time let me know, we could meet up.

Alia 1984- 1984 means you where born on 1984? i'm 20 too so we would benefit from our age when healing.

-ciao

Hey amnesiac, ty hun wub.gif My parents are supportive financially but theyve already said $4500 plus is a bit much. I'm a college student and I have considerably bad social anxiety <not a cop out> so its a battle going to the supermarket let alone going to school, so right now I dont work. My mom is willing to pay $2000 and I'm looking for a job that doesnt involve much social stuff, ha. Anyways, by the spring, or even right after Christmas, I'm hoping to have something scheduled. Yes, 1984 is the year I was born, and I am 20 too. Go us. I must admit I'm happy I'm taking an active approach towards things at a considerably young age and there are many options out there. Perhaps a few of us can somehow do this dermabrasion with Dr. Y together? I can't say I'm definite about any of it, but thats just an idea for now.

"Most of the time i feel i am not living, i'm just killing time" - get out of my head! I feel the same way and can NOT wait till I finally feel like my old self or ideally my new and improved socially able, confident self with skin that I like!!!

Anyway good luck and I am sure you are looking mighty good scars or not tongue.gif

Hey, you're from the Philly area? Cool! I go to college in Bryn Mawr, which is about 15 minutes away.

Maybe we could hang out sometime? biggrin.gif

I dunno about doing a dermabrasion though-- my scarring is really, really mild and barely visible so the idea of doing something that invasive for something that's almost invisible anyway is kinda scary. ^^;;