Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

Is accutane too good to be TRUE?

i've only taken 9 40mg pills so far but my face is like 95% clear, i dont think there is one active pimple. I've had acne for 4-5 years now. They were never severe but persistent moderate acne. One thing i realized about my body is that it dosnt take forever for a drug to take into effect. I've never had to wait for drugs like tazorac and doxy/mino (stuff i used to controll my acne) to kick in. One week max, not 1-2 months.

So far the only sideeffects are dry lips and peeling/flakyness. The first 3-4 days on accutane my skin texture was a little weird with some small red bumps and redness. Now its gone and its very smooth. Only thing left are some dry spots from previous acnes.

Just wondering if its too good to be true to be seeing this kind of results so fast.

Thanks- Good luck everyone

It's definitely possible! Everybody reacts differently. You might not get the initial breakout or any breakout at all...the fact that your acne wasn't severe might be why you're getting great results. In any case don't be disappointed if you DO breakout again soon, its totally normal. And congrats on your success!

So far the only sideeffects are dry lips and peeling/flakyness. The first 3-4 days on accutane my skin texture was a little weird with some small red bumps and redness. Now its gone and its very smooth. Only thing left are some dry spots from previous acnes.

Just wondering if its too good to be true to be seeing this kind of results so fast.

Thanks- Good luck everyone