Notifications
Clear all

How I Got Rid Of My Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/03/2013 2:16 pm

Hi guys, I havent been here in a while but some of the veterans might remember me. I joined this site back in 2009 and I promised myself if I ever managed to fix my acne scars I would come back and document my journey in case it will help anyone else. So this is me fulfilling my moral obligation. I dont know what will help and what wont so Im just going to detail everything i've learned over the years.

In case you dont want to read through this entire thread these are the treatments I did in a nutshell

Chemical peels (Vi Peel)

Dermaroller/Dermastamp/Dermapen

Intracel

And now details. This will be a pretty long thread so i'll try and structure it so it's easy to read.

Type of scarring

My scars were pretty unsightly. I had a bunch of giant boxcar scars on the left side of my face with jagged edges that just looked awful. They were about medium depth and very wide. I also had seborrheic dermatitis on the same area which made them look twice as bad. Also hyperpigmentation. Basically everything that can make your skin look ugly, I had a combination of all of them. I didnt however have ice pick scars so if thats your ailment then this thread may not be relevant to you.

Having said all that, its very important to identify your skin type and make a conscious judgment about how your skin will react to a particular treatment before doing it. Dont go with what a doctor tells you if your instinct tells you otherwise. You know your own skin better than anyone else. Just because someone else has had success with a certain protocol doesnt mean its going to work for you.

Skin type

Im Middle Eastern/Bengali so I would say I have Fitzpatrick Skin Type IV. So if youre any darker than me you will have to take extra precautions. I would also classify my skin as extremely sensitive, I cant really use any moisturizer without my skin clogging up and getting red and irritated.

Chemical peels

My journey started with chemical peels. At first I was very reluctant to try anything since I have Asian skin which is more prone to hyperpigmentation, but then I heard about a new supposedly revolutionary peel called the Vi Peel specifically tailored for darker skin. I had mixed results with this, looking back I think I was almost fooling myself that the results were positive. There were some slight improvements in texture but it also seemed to uncover some very old scarring making my boxcar scars significantly more visible. It also gave my skin a shiny plastic look a few months down the line. Overall I would not recommend chemical peels. Though it didnt do any lasting damage as it was quite a mild peel, if I could do it all over againI wouldnt. I wouldve used microneedling from the very beginning.

Im strictly against any treatment that causes surface damage unless absolutely necessary. As Ill explain later on, the beauty of treatments such as microneedling is that the damage is vertical which maintains the structure of the skin. The chances of scarring are significantly increased when there is wide surface damage.

Microneedling

Microneedling was a revelation to me from the very beginning. I had read about it here and there but didnt consider it seriously until I read testimonies from Lamar and a few others. I started with a 0.5mm dermaroller and saw positive results from the beginning. I quickly shifted to dermastamp after the first treatment. I find the dermaroller awkward to use, its hard to apply the correct amount of pressure and the needles are going in at an angle which can cause unwanted damage. Its also horrible for targeting specific scars.

Needle size

1.5mm seems to be the most popular choice here for scarring which I agree with, but only for the fleshy parts of your cheek. Anywhere else and its too long and can cause complications. One thing you must do when choosing your needle length is use your common sense. Touch your face and feel where the skin is thicker/thinner. For example, forehead skin tends to be very thin, I wouldnt use anything above 1.0mm max. I used a 1.5mm dermaroller on a small section of my forehead during the trial and error phase and had hyperpigmentation there for months. Dont needlessly use long needles if its not required.

To give you a clearer understanding of what Im talking about here are the needle lengths I used when dermastamping

Forehead 0.5mm

Temple/bony areas/chin 1.0mm

Fleshy part of cheeks 1.5mm

Even more important than needle length is needle diameter. If the needles are too thick you are risking additional damage. Make sure they are 0.3mm thick at the absolute maximum. 0.15mm to 0.25mm is what I go for. This goes back to what I was talking about with the chemical peels. We want controlled vertical damage, horizontal damage is what generally causes scarring.

Hygiene

Hygiene was something that I thought a lot about as I was paranoid about getting a skin infection. I ended up delaying my first treatment for a while so I could come up with the right protocol to wash the needles after the treatment. Looking back now that was pretty stupid. Dermastamps cost around $15 if I remember correctly, so I decided to just buy a new stamp for each treatment. If youre that cheap that you want to save $15 at the risk of infection and bent needles, I dont know what to tell you.

For cleansing your skin prior to the treatment I recommend buying 70% Isopropyl Alcohol wipes and also Saline wipes. So wipe the skin with the alcohol wipes first to kill off any bacteria, then use the saline wipes. You probably dont want to needle with the alcohol still on your skin.

Topicals and LEDs

First of all lets get LEDs out of the way. Ive never done a treatment without LEDs so cant really say whether they genuinely help. But I like to leave no stone unturned. And the science behind it also makes sense. I started out using the red/infrared LED (660nm/880nm) for 5 minutes followed by the yellow LED (590nm) also for 5 minutes. Ive since phased out the yellow led and not noticed any difference. I keep the red/infrared just in case.

Now lets move on to topicals. Ive used a lot of topicals and I mean a LOT. Everything from Korean growth factor serums to mesotherapy vitamin cocktails. My favourites were

Dermaheal Stem Crum (very expensive)

Amino-plex wound healing spray

I would use these (one or the other) during the actual treatment to take advantage of the holes created in the skin. Both of these encourage the growth of new tissue and speed up wound healing. However I wouldnt say these are mandatory, more like icing on the cake. What is mandatory is using a moisturizer. You need to keep the skin moisturized for at least a few days following the treatment, as this will facilitate healing. My favourites are -

Mesoestetic Post-Laser Cream

Terproline Professional

Terproline Professional is probably more potent but Post-Laser Cream just feels so smooth on the skin. Its one of the few topicals Ive used that doesnt irritate my skin whatsoever. Terproline feels a little clogging.

Having said all that i've been using home made Platelet Rich Plasma for the past year (applied during treatments). I hire a phlebotomist and make it myself using a centrifuge. This is my favourite topical to use but I understand its unrealistic to recommend it unless you're having it done in a clinic. For the moisturizer Im still using the Post-Laser Cream.

If your head is spinning from all the things Ive named then dont worry. I got the bulk of my results in the beginning using just Terproline Professional and LEDs. So if youre just starting out keep it simple. Buy a dermastamp, a moisturizer and a red/infrared led and get started. Over time you will naturally evolve to using other things if you feel they are needed.

Hyperpigmentation

This is something that a lot of people neglect. They become so preoccupied with fixing their indents that they forget about their general skin tone which is just as important when it comes to aesthetically pleasing skin. I remember looking at celebrities with acne scars like Brad Pitt and thinking how does he get away with it? Well its usually because their skin tone is still quite even, it makes the indents far less noticeable. So keep that in mind when treating your scars. Use safe but potent topicals to improve or get rid of any hyperpigmentation. A few that I like

Dermaheal SB

Fusion Mesotherapy Radiance

The second Ive bought but havent tried yet, but the ingredients list looks good. Take advantage of the fact that absorption of topicals is increased ten fold after needling by using the right products. Even skin tone makes a world of difference.

Nutrition

Id say your overall diet is the most important thing, but here are some supplements that Ive taken and liked over the years.

Vitamin C absolutely mandatory. I take 500mg once in the morning and once at night post treatment, either in the form of a pill or a Berocca tablet.

Zinc important for wound healing, even more important if youre a guy. I try and take 15mg a day.

MSM I take one teaspoon of Doctors Best MSM Powder a day. I noticed my hair growing thicker and faster when I take this regularly, so it must be good for the skin. I havent been taking it lately however Im planning on starting again.

Wellmans Skin Technology specifically made for maintaining healthy skin. All in one, definitely recommended.

To keep things simple, start off with just Vitamin C and Skin Technology/multi vitamin. Those are the main ones.

Protein this one isnt really mentioned by people but its extremely important. I once did a treatment after an extreme diet with very little protein and experienced delayed wound healing as a result. Since then Ive always made sure Im getting a good amount of protein in me.

As I said, general diet is the most important thing for building a healthy immune system which will enhance your results. You want a balanced diet consisting mainly of whole foods.

Frequency

If using a 1.5mm I would recommend every 6 weeks at most, 8 weeks is optimal. Also take into consideration your age. I started needling around 22 years old, so consider your healing ability.

Also of importance is how thorough you are, dont be so gung ho for your first treatment, my first few treatments were all about watching and observing. I started out practicing on my leg, then only on my forehead. By the time I did a full face treatment I was fully prepared. You want to get nice even coverage, dont keep going until your skin is raw and bleeding excessively. Start off slowly, the last thing you want is additional damage.

Dermapen

After using the dermastamp for about 5 treatments I then purchased a Dermapen. This is basically the same thing, its just quicker and easier to use. I would only buy it if money is no object, otherwise you can pretty much get the same results with a dermastamp.

Intracel

For me this is the future of scar treatments. I done a great deal of research before I decided to try Intracel as the radio frequency aspect of the treatment made me a little nervous. If you dont know what Intracel is, its basically the same as dermastamping but the tip of the needles are heated i.e. they emit radio frequency energy. Depending on the power level, this can vaporize scar tissue without damaging the surface. So you get the results of laser therapy without any of the risks.

Ive only had one treatment so far but I can see some subtle differences already. I used it primarily to treat a few seborrheic patches which are still lingering on my skin. Seb derm is caused mainly by overactive sebaceous glands, the Intracel needles can target these and destroy them.

However dont worry about this if youre just starting out, try dermastamping first and if it works for you, you can move onto radio frequency microneedling in the future.

Pictures

Unfortunately I dont have any before pictures, but this is what my skin looks like today for what its worth. This was the most unflattering light I could find in my house, Im standing directly under a light bulb with my head tilted to show any textural deficiencies.

The camera quality isnt great but at this point my scars are indistinguishable on camera.

Future

I plan to buy an Intracel type machine in the next few months and combine it with PRP. This is the ultimate treatment in my eyes. Ill use it about 2 or 3 times within the span of a year and then Ill probably give this whole thing a rest for a while.

So thats my story folks, hope it can help someone out there. I know what its like to be at rock bottom so if thats you right now keep your head up. Things can change if you really want it.

P.S. Forgive the sensationalist title, I used it because that was one of the first things I typed into Google when researching acne scarring. A thread like this would've helped!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 11/03/2013 3:39 pm

Did you have any ice pick scars? What would you recommend for them? I have the same skin type/ethnicity as you (look in my gallery).

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/03/2013 4:23 pm

Thanks so much sharing!! And congratulations on your improvement!

Could you try to find any pictures online that would resemble your scarring before treatments? It would be helpful to get an idea what sort scars this has worked on - 'boxcars' can be so different in appearance.

This made me think I should reconsider dermarolling again (for small boxcars). The main reason I haven't fully tried it yet is because I've been dealing with active acne for some time again and because I wasn't convinced of the results - there were no pictures anywhere and a lot of people that were doing dermarolling seemed to be doing it either too often or just continuously (and not for a very long time), so I wasn't sure what the results were truly like after treatments. Have you ever gone without any dermarolling for longer periods of time (<6months, or even more than a year) and if so, have your results maintained? I'm asking because I'm starting to think many non-surgical treatments may require regular maintenance which in the case of lasers would be just too much to ask, but maintenance dermarolling even if a bit of a pain, would still seem still reasonable.

You have very beautiful skin. :)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/03/2013 5:18 pm

You sir, kept your head up high and fought till the end. Er? You got the results you wanted. That's a lesson for people out there. Great post!! CONGRATS :)

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@crystalized)

Posted : 11/03/2013 5:52 pm

Hey, thanks for posting this. I've read a lot of your posts over the past couple of years; it's encouraging to see another 'veteran' (as you put it!) getting the results they desired and deserved. Sadly I still have a long way to go in my journey but I dream of being able to post a thread like this in the future.

My question is -- how many needling/rolling/dermapen sessions would you say you've had in total?

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 11/04/2013 1:45 am

how long are the needles on your dermapen? looks like they don't sell anything above .5mm unless you're a doctor.

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/04/2013 9:59 am

On 11/3/2013 at 4:23 PM, austra said:

Thanks so much sharing!! And congratulations on your improvement!

Could you try to find any pictures online that would resemble your scarring before treatments? It would be helpful to get an idea what sort scars this has worked on - 'boxcars' can be so different in appearance.

This made me think I should reconsider dermarolling again (for small boxcars). The main reason I haven't fully tried it yet is because I've been dealing with active acne for some time again and because I wasn't convinced of the results - there were no pictures anywhere and a lot of people that were doing dermarolling seemed to be doing it either too often or just continuously (and not for a very long time), so I wasn't sure what the results were truly like after treatments. Have you ever gone without any dermarolling for longer periods of time (<6months, or even more than a year) and if so, have your results maintained? I'm asking because I'm starting to think many non-surgical treatments may require regular maintenance which in the case of lasers would be just too much to ask, but maintenance dermarolling even if a bit of a pain, would still seem still reasonable.

You have very beautiful skin.

I've gone around 5 months without doing anything before my Intracel treatment, if anything my skin looked better since it wasn't going through any trauma for a while. I've been needling for 2 and half years now, there's no doubt in my mind the results are genuine.

I'll try and look for pictures that resemble my scarring.

On 11/3/2013 at 5:52 PM, crystalized said:

Hey, thanks for posting this. I've read a lot of your posts over the past couple of years; it's encouraging to see another 'veteran' (as you put it!) getting the results they desired and deserved. Sadly I still have a long way to go in my journey but I dream of being able to post a thread like this in the future.

My question is -- how many needling/rolling/dermapen sessions would you say you've had in total?

Well i've been needling for around 2 and half years so quite a few. 10 + for sure. But don't worry, depending on your type of scarring the bulk of the results should come in the first 3-4 treatments if done properly.

On 11/4/2013 at 1:45 AM, Hiddy Cheeks said:

how long are the needles on your dermapen? looks like they don't sell anything above .5mm unless you're a doctor.

Mine is the professional Dermapen, upto 2.5mm.

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/04/2013 12:55 pm

Hey, Can I ask where you received the intracel treatment? Also, when you say you plan on getting your own, were will you purchase it from? Sounds like a good plan!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/04/2013 4:59 pm

Did you have scars on the nose?

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/05/2013 11:09 am

Hey, Can I ask where you received the intracel treatment? Also, when you say you plan on getting your own, were will you purchase it from? Sounds like a good plan!

I've PM'd you where I had it done. As for where i'll buy the machine, I have my ways wink.png There's actually a few people selling Intracel machines on eBay, the only problem is they cost like $20,000. Way out of my price range. I've found a few machines with the same technology (and good reputation) for a fraction of the price. I tried to look for someone to partner up with me a few months ago with no luck, but I should have the money in a few months time.

Did you have scars on the nose?

No, never had scarring on the nose.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/06/2013 1:42 pm

BUMP~ So people can see

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/07/2013 9:33 pm

Would be awesome if you found any pictures that looked like your scars.

MemberMember
(@ashu6074)

Posted : 11/09/2013 1:42 pm

Hi Man,

Congratulations on your progress... i must say you are a fighter and have loads of patience..... your post is definitely gonna help people here...

I too use dermaroller (1mm) once a week.. here is my before and after picture -

Please do let me know your views and suggestions on this... Thanks a lot brother...

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:41 pm

Would be awesome if you found any pictures that looked like your scars.

This is the closest I can find (the ones marked with the pen), but they were much larger and had jagged edges, but not quite as deep. The wider and shallower it is, the more likely micro needling will help you. The smaller and deeper (ice picks for example) probably won't respond as much. You'll need something a bit more aggressive for those, like radio frequency.

Hi Man,

Congratulations on your progress... i must say you are a fighter and have loads of patience..... your post is definitely gonna help people here...

I too use dermaroller (1mm) once a week.. here is my before and after picture -

Please do let me know your views and suggestions on this... Thanks a lot brother...

Well first thing I would do is stop using 1mm needles every week. This is what I would do if I was you -

1. Buy two dermastamps - a 1.5mm and a 1mm. Use the 1.5mm for the deeper scars and fleshy parts of the skin, the 1mm for places like the temple.

Every 6-8 weeks max. For your skin I would be very thorough. There should be bleeding but not excessively.

2. Buy a red/infrared LED, use it 5 minutes after the treatment per area held an inch away from the skin. Do this every 24 hours until all signs of inflammation are gone.

3. Apply a topical for hyper-pigmentation during the treatment. Something like Dermaheal SB. And a moisturizer (Terproline Professional or Post Laser Cream) to apply after the treatment. Apply at least once a day until all bruising has faded.

4. Make sure your nutrition is up to speed.

And after doing this 3-4 times I would then think about radio frequency microneedling especially since some of your scarring looks tethered down. I would instruct the dermatologist to make two passes with the needles so the radio frequency will hit the dermis at two different depths. This will give more dynamic results.

But, that's just what I would do, like I said in my original post, trust your instincts. Make your own logical and educated judgment.

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 11/14/2013 9:29 pm

hey liquid. ive had my eye on intracel for quite some time. do you think intracel is ideal for deep box scars and icepicks? how long was your downtime?

as for led's id be cautious with the use of them. they implanted hair follicle on my face where i never had before. i think everyone should be cautious when using LED's.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 11/15/2013 12:34 am

Congratulations Liquid _Ocelet!!!smile.png So glad you found a protocol that worked for you smile.png Your skin looks great !!!

Just one thing, STAY AWAY from Berocca tablets. I took them long ago also, that is, before I found out about them containing the VERY toxic aspartame (a very noxious neurotoxin). In fact, stay away from ALL big pharma medicine, vitamins etc. Look for reputable organic brand wholefood vitamins instead. Dr Ben Kim has a great selection on his website. You could also look into www.naturalnews.com for suggestions. I personally use Deva nutrition, a vegan brand. They seem okay, but I think Dr Ben Kim's brand is better (but far more pricier). I also use supergreen powders like chlorella, spirulina, barley grass. Plus I think other superfoods are great too like chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds & other organic natural non-GMO vegan whole foods.

Lastly, thanks for your sharing your testimony!!! If offers real hope to others...

Cheers smile.png

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/15/2013 8:41 am

hey liquid. ive had my eye on intracel for quite some time. do you think intracel is ideal for deep box scars and icepicks? how long was your downtime?

as for led's id be cautious with the use of them. they implanted hair follicle on my face where i never had before. i think everyone should be cautious when using LED's.

Boxcars? Sure. The wider they are the better they respond in my experience. Ice-picks I have no experience with so I couldn't really say. But using my common sense I think RF Microneedling would help if used with accuracy. You should search for a single needling system with RF. That would be the best thing for ice-picks. In the meantime try regular needling if you haven't already.

Thanks for the info on LED's but i've been using it for quite some time now, If it was going to cause undesirable effects on my skin it would've happened by now.

Edit: downtime was pretty much the same as dermastamping. The reason for this is, the heat is applied directly to the dermis, sparing the epidermis. However, be wary of some popular systems that have RF energy on the entire length of the needle (Scarlet RF is one of them). This will end up heating the epidermis which may cause complications.

Also make sure you instruct the dermatologist not to use very shallow needle depths. For example, if 0.3mm of the tip is heated and you use 0.4mm there may be collateral damage and the heat may ascend to the epidermis. But if you're caucasian you won't have to worry about this too much. I had to take these things into consideration as I hyper pigment very easily.

Congratulations Liquid _Ocelet!!!smile.png So glad you found a protocol that worked for you smile.png Your skin looks great !!!

Just one thing, STAY AWAY from Berocca tablets. I took them long ago also, that is, before I found out about them containing the VERY toxic aspartame (a very noxious neurotoxin). In fact, stay away from ALL big pharma medicine, vitamins etc. Look for reputable organic brand wholefood vitamins instead. Dr Ben Kim has a great selection on his website. You could also look into www.naturalnews.com for suggestions. I personally use Deva nutrition, a vegan brand. They seem okay, but I think Dr Ben Kim's brand is better (but far more pricier). I also use supergreen powders like chlorella, spirulina, barley grass. Plus I think other superfoods are great too like chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds & other organic natural non-GMO vegan whole foods.

Lastly, thanks for your sharing your testimony!!! If offers real hope to others...

Cheers smile.png

Hi, thanks for the info on Berocca. I wouldn't be too worried about the aspartame content, it's probably a harmless amount. But like you said, there are better alternatives. It's best to get your vitamins from wholefoods.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/15/2013 1:38 pm

By the way, what LEDs did you use? There's so many on the web it's very comfusing. Would this cut it? https://www.amazon.com/Light-Therapy-Treatment-Scars-415nm/dp/B0028P48BM/

I also have a Dermawand(Radio frequency device) that my mom uses. You suggest I use that at all?

Note: I have already seen improovement by just dermarolling. So I assume using LEDS would significantly improove my healing process after dermarolling.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 11/15/2013 3:33 pm

Boxcars? Sure. The wider they are the better they respond in my experience. Ice-picks I have no experience with so I couldn't really say. But using my common sense I think RF Microneedling would help if used with accuracy. You should search for a single needling system with RF. That would be the best thing for ice-picks. In the meantime try regular needling if you haven't already.

Thanks for the info on LED's but i've been using it for quite some time now, If it was going to cause undesirable effects on my skin it would've happened by now.

Edit: downtime was pretty much the same as dermastamping. The reason for this is, the heat is applied directly to the dermis, sparing the epidermis. However, be wary of some popular systems that have RF energy on the entire length of the needle (Scarlet RF is one of them). This will end up heating the epidermis which may cause complications.

Also make sure you instruct the dermatologist not to use very shallow needle depths. For example, if 0.3mm of the tip is heated and you use 0.4mm there may be collateral damage and the heat may ascend to the epidermis. But if you're caucasian you won't have to worry about this too much. I had to take these things into consideration as I hyper pigment very easily.

>Congratulations Liquid _Ocelet!!!smile.png So glad you found a protocol that worked for you smile.png Your skin looks great !!!

Cheers smile.png

Hi, thanks for the info on Berocca. I wouldn't be too worried about the aspartame content, it's probably a harmless amount. But like you said, there are better alternatives. It's best to get your vitamins from wholefoods.

interesting. my main concern is deep boxcars so that confirms that i am a good candidate. im gonna call and try to get a consulation set up for intracel. im currently doing enerjet treatments so i wonder what the combination would turn out to be. if you ask me its pretty big altogether (subcision+filler then needling with intracel).

how long exactly was the down time for intracel? enrjet came with about 1-2 weeks downtime which is alot for me. i hope its not longer then that for intracel =(

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/15/2013 5:38 pm

I think it's impressive that you got rid of those scars, so congrats again. :) At the same time, I doubt dermarolling would be as effective for smaller harsher boxcars that I have (like the smallest in the same picture but more shallow). I might try it for the shallow rolling scars I have though.

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/16/2013 9:32 am

On 11/16/2013 at 12:38 AM, Robertitoo said:

By the way, what LEDs did you use? There's so many on the web it's very comfusing. Would this cut it? https://www.amazon.com/Light-Therapy-Treatment-Scars-415nm/dp/B0028P48BM/

I also have a Dermawand(Radio frequency device) that my mom uses. You suggest I use that at all?

Note: I have already seen improovement by just dermarolling. So I assume using LEDS would significantly improove my healing process after dermarolling.

I got mine from theledman. The handheld one. Have no experience with other ones so couldn't say.

On 11/16/2013 at 2:33 AM, no_hope said:
On 11/15/2013 at 7:41 PM, Liquid_Ocelot said:
On 11/15/2013 at 8:29 AM, no_hope said:

On Invalid Date at NaN:NaN PM, aquasea said:

>Congratulations Liquid _Ocelet!!!smile.png So glad you found a protocol that worked for you smile.png Your skin looks great !!!

Cheers smile.png

interesting. my main concern is deep boxcars so that confirms that i am a good candidate. im gonna call and try to get a consulation set up for intracel. im currently doing enerjet treatments so i wonder what the combination would turn out to be. if you ask me its pretty big altogether (subcision+filler then needling with intracel).

how long exactly was the down time for intracel? enrjet came with about 1-2 weeks downtime which is alot for me. i hope its not longer then that for intracel =(

Well depends what you mean by downtime. I could go out somewhere after 4-5 days and no one would notice anything unless I really pointed it out (like blood spots). From the 6th day there's pretty much no sign at all. If you work then use your holidays strategically, if you have 4 weeks off in a year, use a week at a time to do your treatments.

On 11/16/2013 at 4:38 AM, austra said:

I think it's impressive that you got rid of those scars, so congrats again. smile.png At the same time, I doubt dermarolling would be as effective for smaller harsher boxcars that I have (like the smallest in the same picture but more shallow). I might try it for the shallow rolling scars I have though.

Try it anyway, you've got nothing to lose. At the very least you should see some improvements in texture and general structure of skin. If it doesn't respond go for RF microneedling.

Btw guys I have sourced the RF device i'm going to buy, if there's anyone in London with a similar idea you can PM me.

Diane07 liked
MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 11/16/2013 9:40 am

Liquid Ocelot, I have hyperthropic scar on my nose, both from cystic acne and microdermabrasion. What would you recommend to get rid of it?

I am very desperate :(. You seem to be very skilled since you were able to get rid of your scars completely (congratz btw :) ).

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 11/17/2013 8:41 am

Hey there Liquid,

I had a great read at your journey and gave me hopes on my scars and acnes. I'm glad that you've point out the major procedure that work out for ya and I appreciate that.

I'm planning on getting a dermapen and a RF device, individually separated of course, and will look into the treatment creams that you point out.

I soon hope to post a successful jorney on here for others to see just like you did here.

Thank you and wish you the best!

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/17/2013 10:35 am

Liquid Ocelot, I have hyperthropic scar on my nose, both from cystic acne and microdermabrasion. What would you recommend to get rid of it?

I am very desperate sad.png. You seem to be very skilled since you were able to get rid of your scars completely (congratz btw smile.png ).

Thank you.

I really couldn't say since i've never had scarring on my nose. And i've heard that scarring on the nose is different from scarring on the cheek, the same procedures may or may not work. The only advice I can give you is - research like a motherf---er. Look for success stories on nose scarring. You can try dermastamping, I don't think it will hurt. Just make sure you start with smaller needles and assess the reaction.

Hey there Liquid,

I had a great read at your journey and gave me hopes on my scars and acnes. I'm glad that you've point out the major procedure that work out for ya and I appreciate that.

I'm planning on getting a dermapen and a RF device, individually separated of course, and will look into the treatment creams that you point out.

I soon hope to post a successful jorney on here for others to see just like you did here.

smile.png Glad it helped you.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/25/2013 10:46 pm

I am very desperate sad.png. You seem to be very skilled since you were able to get rid of your scars completely (congratz btw smile.png ).

Thank you.

I really couldn't say since i've never had scarring on my nose. And i've heard that scarring on the nose is different from scarring on the cheek, the same procedures may or may not work. The only advice I can give you is - research like a motherf---er. Look for success stories on nose scarring. You can try dermastamping, I don't think it will hurt. Just make sure you start with smaller needles and assess the reaction.

>Hey there Liquid,

smile.png Glad it helped you.

Did you use any numbing cream?