3 Months On The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

3 Months On The Regimen And Still Breaking Out. Help!

MemberMember
(@lwilliams)

Posted : 11/03/2013 2:48 am

I've been on The Regimen now for exactly 3 months and am STILL breaking out. Although the breakouts aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, I'm still getting them. This is extremely frustrating because I've tried everything BUT accutane, and that's not even an option at this point b/c I don't have insurance. I guess what I wanna know is, is there anyone out there who's had a similar experience, stuck with the regimen, and got results?? I could really use the encouragement as I'm getting really close to the point of giving up:((

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 11/03/2013 10:04 am

I've been on The Regimen now for exactly 3 months and am STILL breaking out. Although the breakouts aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, I'm still getting them. This is extremely frustrating because I've tried everything BUT accutane, and that's not even an option at this point b/c I don't have insurance. I guess what I wanna know is, is there anyone out there who's had a similar experience, stuck with the regimen, and got results?? I could really use the encouragement as I'm getting really close to the point of giving up:((

Please don't give up now. Im in my 4th month or so ..can't really rem. But I can remember in my 3rd month I was still breaking out in some places. Sometimes u can't really control it because of stress work the weather and all that. Don't be so hard on urself, I was & I can tell u its no good. Be patient and wait it out. I have no breakouts in weeks. But I have a spot as its close to that time of the month.

Don't give up.

MemberMember
(@katya95)

Posted : 11/03/2013 3:38 pm

I know that this can be so frustrating :(

What helps me is to think to yourself, I am doing all that I can right now. You are following the regimen closely, you are doing something to fight the acne. And after you tell yourself that, stop thinking about the acne. Understand that you are doing all you can.

I don't have a lot of advice about the regimen itself, just the mental aspect of it. Obsessing over my acne was such a waste of energy.

Maybe at month 4, you can allow yourself to inspect how your acne is doing. Until then, don't allow yourself to worry about it.

MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 11/03/2013 11:03 pm

Do NOT stop. After a few months I had a few severe breakouts myself and was frustrated. Doubt creeps into your mind. It took 4 months, but by that 4th month I was clear and have been for 5 years. Stick with it! I know it seems like a long time but you'll be glad you did. Just make sure you're doing everything exactly as directed and give it time

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 11/04/2013 12:58 am

I am in the exact same position! Today is my week tweleve so three months in... I'm still breaking out very consistently. It's soooo frustrating!!! I'm going to wait till at least month four to see if things start to turn around. I know how frustrating this is!! I suggest you wait a while longer just becAuse many people have told me to stick it out a bit longer! Hopefully things get better for both of us!!! Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/04/2013 2:03 am

What's your diet like? If it's SAD fix it.

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@lwilliams)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:58 pm

Thanks so much to ALL of you who took the time reply and encourage me!! I'm definitely gonna continue to stick it out and practice a little more patience:-)

@Robertitoo: I do try to watch what I eat, although I could do much better. I've been drinking tons of water and I don't ever eat fried foods. Am slowly working more fruits and veggies in and trying to cut out more of the fatty stuff. Thanks.

Please don't give up now. Im in my 4th month or so ..can't really rem. But I can remember in my 3rd month I was still breaking out in some places. Sometimes u can't really control it because of stress work the weather and all that. Don't be so hard on urself, I was & I can tell u its no good. Be patient and wait it out. I have no breakouts in weeks. But I have a spot as its close to that time of the month.

Don't give up.

MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 11/04/2013 9:49 pm

Lwilliams,

I'm glad you're continuing! Your situation sounds incredibly similar to mine when I started five years ago. I had tried everything but Accutane (which I couldn't use because I didn't have insurance). So, I started The Regimen in May of that year. Over the summer my skin appeared to be gradually making progress. Then August came around and I had a bunch of severe breakouts. I was on vacation at the time and was so self-conscious. It really hurt my trip and I was beyond frustrated. The setbacks made me wonder if this treatment was going to fail, like every other product I had tried. One month later I was clear! Four months seems to be the magic number for success. That's what I heard before I started, and that's the exact amount of time it took for me. I'll be like Dan and give the following advice. Just make sure:

1.) You're using enough Benzoyl Peroxide. Use a generous amount (when in doubt use more).

2.) You're doing the Regimen as outlined on this site. Review the regimen page for more information. It's very important to make sure you're allowing enough time in between the steps and also applying products to your face gently.

Recently I've been visiting this site more frequently because I want to encourage people to stick with it. It works, and my life has benefitted from it. I'm confident you'll have great results too! Best of luck! Hopefully we'll hear a positive update soon. smile.png

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@natashaa123)

Posted : 01/13/2014 10:46 am

I'm on my 3rd month on the regimen and still breaking out consistently too. Was just wondering if you had cleared up since this post ?