Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tennisboi

Regimen Save After Accutane

Hello:

I was on accutane for about 4 months, where I saw fast imporvment in my skin condition, reduced oil and redness. Since my stopage about 2 or 3 months ago, my face has become severely oily and I've broken out tramendously. I've was just using the Cetaphil bar to wash my face, which was all i needed during accutane, but now it doesnt do the job and my acne is worse. I did have some success with bp back in the day, and i thought i'd give dan's reg a try. I was wondering if it was safe to use bp after accutane after this long off the drug. If you have any insight, i'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Jon

Hey Jon,

Same thing happened to me after coming off Accutane.. within less than 6 months of coming off Acc. I was right back to where I started... I too was using Cetaphil.. at that time I swtiched to Cetaphil made for oilier skin... it's more foamy and gets rid of oils better. I then stopped moisturizing as much... pretty much just did where I shaved and got dry... BUT.... I soon realized that it wasn't enough....

So in the past 2 months I've followed Dan's regimen and I'm back to normal.... the oil has subsided and so has my acne... THE only word of advice is begin very conservatively... meaning don't use the full recommended dosage at first since your face is ultra sensitive.... it'll be a year in January I"ve been off Accutane and I'm still very sensitive from it.

I strongly recommend buying his BP Gel too because I started off with Neutrogena On the spot which was fine, except the odd embarassing sweating moments at work and my face turned whitish sad.gif BUT as soon as I switched to dan's BP Gel that was eliminated completely... in fact when his starts to be absorbed it almost feels like you have water on your face...... You'll definately have to remoisturize though... since your face will start feeling slightly the dryness you felt on Accutane... not as bad though smile.gif

Hope this helps.. and let us know how things are going..

Jason wink.gif

prolly a good idea to ask your derm, but I started back on bp probably like 2 weeks after accutane, actually, probably less than that.

OH wow two weeks, yea it's been a couple months at least for me. My skin went from normal on accutane, to grease bucket, so I thought it would be a great time to try your product Dan. I ordered it last night, so it should be here fairly soon.

As for Jason, how long did it take to get back to normal on dan's reg? and did you experience an initial breakout also? Right now i'm just using the cetaphil antibacterial one because the reg cetaphil bar seemed to make me break out more, dunno why. I just need to get rid of the oil, less oil i feel will give me less acne.

Thanks for all the help. It'd be cool to talk to you about this over aim, my sn is ONTHEFLIPSIDE73, IM me sometime.

Later

Hey tennisboy

I went back to normal right away.. and I had no initial breakout except what was alrady broken out at the time... So you don't have to worry about getting worse before getting better... you get better right away...

I use to use cetaphil for dry sensitive... but I then switched to Cetaphil made for oily face.... now I'm back to regular sensitive Cetaphil since the BP has stopped my excessive oiliness.... I would strongly recommend getting the liquid wash of Cetaphil since most bars usually have pore clogging ingredients in order for the bar itself to stay intact.

Hope this helps

Jason

Which kind of Cetaphil is made for oily face, i'd like to get my hands on that kind. Actually which Cetaphils are for each, I thought they were all the same. I think i'll try the liquid version as soon as i get the Dan's BP stuff in the mail. I hope it works. I say mine is moderate acne as of now, mild a few months back. Thanks!