Notifications
Clear all

Red Acne Scars For 11 Years

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/01/2013 11:40 am

Hi everyone,

Well, I have been feeling down recently. This happens now and then because I have acne scars that have really only improved slightly in the last 11 years; the scars came soon after I finished accutane which also left me with side effects such as fragile skin...

Well the list of treatments I have had is pretty remarkable - the total cost I have invested, including transport and time must be in the region of 10,000 British pounds. I don't think that is an exaggeration sadly. That would include all the creams I have tried.

Here is a list of what I have had done over the years:

Subscision x 4

n-lite x 3

dermaroller x 8

yag laser x 2

fraxel x 1

vbeam x 3

airgent/enerjet x 1

I am so fed up of not getting results and getting my skin to a reasonable state. The worst is the right side. I am trying to get rid of the redness with vbeam, but I still can't get success. here are some pics

photos:

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

I suppose I am here venting because there is no other place to do it, but also here anyone else who has been in this boat: dealing with scars for over a decade!

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 11/01/2013 12:00 pm

hey what do u mean with scars appeared after acuttane :)?

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/01/2013 12:16 pm

Hey, well I never really scarred before accutane. True, I got a bad breakout after starting accutane, but things got a lot worse and led to red pitted scars which I have had for 11 years.

MemberMember
(@powerfularena)

Posted : 11/01/2013 12:21 pm

Hi, are your scars indented in the skin and are red, or do you have just red flat marks that haven't faded? Also have you got pictures mate

MemberMember
(@stormerjack)

Posted : 11/01/2013 1:34 pm

I have also had acne for along time but i have no idea about the names of treatment i have had, i know i have had countless injections and creams though

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/01/2013 1:50 pm

Hi, are your scars indented in the skin and are red, or do you have just red flat marks that haven't faded? Also have you got pictures mate

Hey they are pitted. I have added some pics, thanks!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/01/2013 2:07 pm

first of all you look pretty good- I know you've been through a lot but you really do look good- no red marks but rolling scars

check out MrMatt posts here on subscision with suctioning after....there is a medical study posted on owndoc.com that you can improve significantly the outcome of subsicion by doing the suctioning after.

I do think that would help you, certainly worth a shot and it's not invasive...you can buy a suctioning device on owndoc very reasonably

good luck to you, don't give up!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 11/01/2013 3:03 pm

HYDROQUINONE!

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/01/2013 3:14 pm

first of all you look pretty good- I know you've been through a lot but you really do look good- no red marks but rolling scars

check out MrMatt posts here on subscision with suctioning after....there is a medical study posted on owndoc.com that you can improve significantly the outcome of subsicion by doing the suctioning after.

I do think that would help you, certainly worth a shot and it's not invasive...you can buy a suctioning device on owndoc very reasonably

thanks for the kind comments. I think on top of the scarring it's the side effects that get me down. My skin is always dry and a bit irritated so I constantly feel it everyday! I hate seeing the same scarred skin for all these years as well!

I think there is a lot of redness, not just pits. I think the redness is the worst and makes the scarring look worse

HYDROQUINONE!

unfortunately creams like this have done nothing...

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 11/01/2013 4:46 pm

thanks for the kind comments. I think on top of the scarring it's the side effects that get me down. My skin is always dry and a bit irritated so I constantly feel it everyday! I hate seeing the same scarred skin for all these years as well!

I think there is a lot of redness, not just pits. I think the redness is the worst and makes the scarring look worse

>HYDROQUINONE!

unfortunately creams like this have done nothing...

i been having deep boxcars and icepick for 8 years now so i feel you on what your going through. just gotta stay strong and dont let your scars get the best of you. ive been on accutane in the past and it left me with hyperpigmentation on top of my scarring, 2 vbeam sessions really cleared it up good. im surprised v beam isnt doing the same for you.

dude im gonna be dead honest with you. your left side looks fine , and your right side isnt even bad at all. i would trade your scars for my scars anyday! im sensing your letting your scars conrtol your life. all it takes is those life adjustments and before you know it your scars will be a thing of the past.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/01/2013 5:48 pm

I'd also like to say that I think your skin looks really good - the only noticeable scarring is that one small area on your right cheek and it doesn't look bad at all. Unfortunately I can't offer much advice on treatments, but keep trying and you'll find something that will work! And don't get too bothered by the scarring while you're looking since it's so mild and doesn't truly affect your life anymore than you let it.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/02/2013 1:40 am

I think IPL can help with red marks look into it. You can also try fillers/ fat grafting for improvement

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 11/02/2013 8:12 am

Thanks for the supportive words guys. At times I let things get the better of me for sure. I think the worst bit is the constant dryness left after accutane. My skin is always dry and irritated which sucks. Spending time on fixing this, with moisturisers or whatever, draws my attention to the scars which is not ideal.

I suppose I just need to soldier on. I still get affected by this A LOT, and it's been for years. I guess I accept that there will be ups and downs when you have issues with your appearance, it's hard to leave it behind completely for good...

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 11/05/2013 8:59 am

I know you're a guy but have you thought about trying mineral makeup? Because it's a powder it doesn't look like you're wearing make up and it would help conceal the redness a fair bit.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 02/08/2014 1:50 pm

hey man, have you looked into a mild skin peel? TCA?

i think that could help a fair bit.

as already mentioned, your left side is totally 'normal' and the right side isn't bad either - i think scars are a mental thing as well that we need to overcome.

i appreciate this is an oldish thread but just wanted to see how you are getting on