Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
golfkit

IS it ok to do TCA CROSS while on Retin A Micro?

Hi All, I am new to post here in this forum and I have read many post on TCA CROSS scar treatment. I apply Retin A Micro 0.1 % on my face before bed everynight to treat my acne. I was wondering if it is OK to perform a TCA cross on my icepick scars? rolleyes.gif Thanks for reading.

Hi, it can be effective for icepicks. I can't actually answer your question though. Only you would know what is OK for you, if you catch my meaning.

I would get off retin-a micro three days before and three days after the cross, to minimize skin sensitivity/redness after the cross.

I'm also on retin-a and whenever I do a peel, it seems to go a lot deeper. For example, the 6% seems to become 12% and the 12% becomes 25%, if that makes any sense. I get it to frost over at even the 6% so that's telling me it's making my skin very sensitive. I'd definetly quit using the retin-a only on the icepicks about 5-7 days before you do the cross. I seem to hyperpigment easily if i do a peel when i'm on retin-a but i'd rather have red spots than scars.

I'm also on retin-a and whenever I do a peel, it seems to go a lot deeper. For example, the 6% seems to become 12% and the 12% becomes 25%, if that makes any sense. I get it to frost over at even the 6% so that's telling me it's making my skin very sensitive. I'd definetly quit using the retin-a only on the icepicks about 5-7 days before you do the cross. I seem to hyperpigment easily if i do a peel when i'm on retin-a but i'd rather have red spots than scars.