Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

Can anyone give me a quick diagnosis (pics!)

During the past three weeks my acne has gone from nothing to moderate. It seems like two weeks into college the pores on my face began producing insane amounts of oil which has led to a lot of sebum buildup and some painful cysts on my forehead and cheeks... I find it odd because I used to have moderate acne on my face and back, but right now only my face is breaking out.

Can anyone give me some advice? I would post the pics here but I don't know how... you can search for my gallery in the members section. Thank you.

yea, looks pretty painful, don't.. touch em it irritates them and makes them worse. consider the regimen but remmember it gets worse brfore it gets better!

we aren't dermatologists tough, maybe you could go to one and get anitibiotics if you can affors it which will help a lot for now. best to go to one anyway

Well, i have been taking minocycline 100mg 2x a day which seemed to keep me clear for quite some time (6months). . Is it possible that the antibiotic simply stopped working?

I was considering taking b5 supplements to see if that does anything, hopefully it works.

Well, i have been taking minocycline 100mg 2x a day which seemed to keep me clear for quite some time (6months). . Is it possible that the antibiotic simply stopped working?

yes.

Sounds like time to revisit a derm to run through your treatment options. In the meantime take the antibiotics and be fastidious about your topical regimen...whatever it is.

the p. acne bacteria can become resistant very quickly to antibiotics. that is probably why you went from mild to moderate so quickly. you should talk to your derm. he may want to put you on accutane...sometimes that's the next step after antibiotics. perhaps you should try the regimen for a month or two. if your acne doesn't clear up by then, maybe you should think about accutane...

I have thought about accutane and the side effects seem too drastic for me. For the past 6months I have been doing the regimen in combination with minocycline. Hopefully b6 will have some positive effect on my situation, if not I might be forced to take accutane if it gets bad enough... I have taken three different types of antibiotics, now that the third has failed maybe there is another I can move to because I don't think I'll be able to stand the redness, drying, and peeling of accutane.

humm sad.gif