Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kamstan

has anyone tried this for scars

OK, about a two years ago i was grooming my nails with one of those electric groomer file things(it is a rounded pumice stone that spins around)and i thought to myself, if i can use this on my hands and it doesn't hurt my skin, why couldn't i use it on my face as like a dermabrasion type thing. so that is what i did. and i could not believe how much dead skin this thing takes off. It didnt hurt my skin at all. I truely belive that if it was not for me useing this thing, i would have so many scars, because i am a major picker, i pick at my pores(and you know how hard you have to squeez to get somethig out of nothin)Anyways, for anyone who wants to try this(I only recamend the devices that come with a pumice stoned tip, the metal tips just rip and tear at the skin and cause hyper pigmentation, i learned that from experience) It looks like the metal ones would work better, but trust me, dont try it.

Um, okay, I'm pretty crazy, maybe a good kind of crazy...but Kamstan, that's just plain nuts, man. Seriously, I understand trying to save money and find home remedies that are cheaper ways of doing what it would cost hundreds or thousands to do in a Dr.'s office.

But taking a nail grooming tool to YOUR FACE??? eek.gif

Please tell me you're kidding. You could be doing serious damage to your skin. There's a reason you can use tools like that on your nails. Your nails are DEAD. The only part of your nail that's "alive" is the pink part--the nail that grows beyond the nail bed is dead, so you can grind it, file it, use it to open a Coke can, whatever.

But your skin is alive. And by picking at it and using pumice stone on it, you're damaging living tissue that can scar very easily. If you truly want to get dermabrasion done correctly, do NOT use something that's meant to be used on your nails. Get a professional dermabrasion kit or go to a dermatologist. There's also a reason they can charge a lot of money for dermabrasion or microdermabrasion. Because the machines & tools that do those procedures have been tested and approved for facial resurfacing.

Your nail kit hasn't, there, buddy.

Perhaps you knew this. But in case you are serious and most likely a bit screwy, just thought I'd let you know you're being verrrrry stupid doing what you're doing.

I'm Kat, and I approved this message. wink.gif

Yes... Gee... don't try this at home. It sounds unwise. Then again, natural selection works in mysterious ways and who am I to judge. wacko.gif

im not jokeing ive been doing this for at least 2 years, and it doesn't hurt my skin. Its not a coarse pumice stone, its very smooth. the only thing it does is remove dead skin.

im not jokeing ive been doing this for at least 2 years, and it doesn't hurt my skin. Its not a coarse pumice stone, its very smooth. the only thing it does is remove dead skin.

Long before motor driven mechanical dermabrasion was invented it used to be done with rock salt ie salabrasion.

What your doing with your pumice stone is exfoliation not dermabrasion.

You can achieve the same exfoliative effect by buying specially made coarse scrubbing sponges from your pharmacy.

Personally I dont think exfoliation improves the look of your skin much at all.

I would not recommend this for several reasons:

1. It's not meant for the skin, it's meant for nails.

2. You could go too deep and cause further scarring.

3. If you've used this on your nails, and now your face then you could wind up with an infection.

I am not telling you what to do, but I definitely do NOT recommend others try this. I prefer to leave major skin care to Aestheticians, Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons.

I would not recommend this for several reasons:

1. It's not meant for the skin, it's meant for nails.

2. You could go too deep and cause further scarring.

3. If you've used this on your nails, and now your face then you could wind up with an infection.

I am not telling you what to do, but I definitely do NOT recommend others try this. I prefer to leave major skin care to Aestheticians, Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons.

The bottom line here is that the product was not designed for your face. I am not telling you what to do, just that I don't recommend it.