Notifications
Clear all

First Day Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@jorge08)

Posted : 10/24/2013 9:33 pm

I just took my first pill of Accutane (40mg). I'm just literally waiting for the side effects to kick in. I got my chapped stick and moisturizer ready. I have a question though, how long did it take for your side effects to kick in?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/25/2013 1:45 am

I'm on my forth day of Accutane. I haven't really gotten any side effects at all. All that has happen is my pores have opened up a little bit and I'm not as oily, but still am.

You should read through some Accutane journals or watch some on YouTube. From what I have read, people usually experience some dryness after 1 week and after 2 weeks, they experience a lot of dryness. They get really chapped lips after 2 weeks..

I have really oily skin, so I don't think it will be as bad for me.

EDIT:

We are on the same amount btw.

Chopsticks wont do much good after a while. From what Ive read, it only keeps the moisture from 'escaping', but if there is no moisture there to escape..

I'm planning to use Jojoba oil on my lips (especially on the corners of the mouth, as it seems most people get a lot of problems there), and then chopstick over that.

MemberMember
(@intensecow)

Posted : 10/25/2013 10:43 am

Dry lips will be the first side effect, maybe some headaches. Within the first week or two.

Aquaphor is my best friend. I use it on my lips and inside my nose. Yes, you read that right, inside my nose. Accutane can cause the inside of your nose to be really dry and I've found that rubbing Aquaphor up there every few days will keep that from happening and relieve the discomfort.

MemberMember
(@steve0asdf)

Posted : 10/26/2013 5:42 am

I just took my first pill of Accutane (40mg). I'm just literally waiting for the side effects to kick in. I got my chapped stick and moisturizer ready. I have a question though, how long did it take for your side effects to kick in?

For me it took about a week before I noticed the lip dryness starting.

Best of luck to you,

Steve.

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 10/26/2013 6:17 am

Good luck on your course :)

MemberMember
(@jorge08)

Posted : 10/26/2013 10:51 am

Thank you to everyone who has replied. :)

MemberMember
(@haymariec)

Posted : 10/26/2013 11:00 am

I'm on day 5 and my face feels dry, but my lips are still fine. I have headches, and drinking lots of water seems to help with that. Good luck to you! :)

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 10/26/2013 11:55 am

Good luck to you with your accutane course. Remember to drink water, lots and lots of water. S good rule of thu,b is your urine color actually. If you have color to your urine you aren't drinking enough. If you urine is clear then you are drinking enough. Water helped with everything while I was on my course, Also with the side effects, you will notice tht they come and go your while course. Side effects pop up with doseage increases, dosage decreases and just for the hell of it. The best you can do is look though other peoples logs and see how they combatted the side effects. They aren't something you can avoid, just something you can manage,

Some tips I have for side effects, these are all things I couldn't have lived without.

For lips - Bag Balm is the best

For joints - fish oil

Dry eyes - fish oil and gel based eye drops work good not the liquid kind

Headaches - water

Rashes - neosporin cream not the ointment use this on your face

Rashes on body - Eucerin cream

Face wash - CeraVe foaming face wash

Face cream - CeraVe cream in the tub

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/27/2013 2:18 am

80 mg a day. headache and tiredness came within 1st few days. i got knee pain 5th day but it went away. lips started to dry out within 1st week along with a few new whiteheads. my face is now starting to dry out in week 2.