Notifications
Clear all

Skin Texture

MemberMember
(@ahmedmorsi)

Posted : 10/23/2013 11:45 pm

Hi everybody. So I'm now about 7 weeks into the regimen and although I'm not exactly clear yet, my acne is alot better. I get a few spots every once in a while but its improving. I don't have much problems with dryness either thanks to the jojoba oil and AHA. However, I'm still not satisfied with my skin at all. My problem is skin texture, although I'm almost clear my skin still looks really bad. It looks rough and grainy (I've never had that problem before) even though it's really soft when I touch it. Is this a problem that will go away or is it a side effect of the regimen because like I said, I've never had that problem before. I have been using AHA since week 4 and it doesn't seem to be solving the issue. Thanks

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 10/24/2013 12:12 am

Whilst it is hard for me to make a judgement on your skin, I understand the regime can have this effect when the BP dries on your skin and can cause a layer. I have had this problem also in the early stages of the regime. However over time my skin returned back to normal. I recommend staying hydrated also, the texture of your skin can change dramatically. All the best

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/24/2013 12:20 am

What moisturizer are you using? Not all moisturizers are created equally and your skin might need more than your moisturizer can provide. Personally I use a cetaphil cream in the PM its very thick that I feel my skin is very well taken care of when I get up in the morning. I use a lighter moisturizer during the day that is not as heavy.

MemberMember
(@ahmedmorsi)

Posted : 10/24/2013 6:38 pm

What moisturizer are you using? Not all moisturizers are created equally and your skin might need more than your moisturizer can provide. Personally I use a cetaphil cream in the PM its very thick that I feel my skin is very well taken care of when I get up in the morning. I use a lighter moisturizer during the day that is not as heavy.

Currently I'm using Nivea Aqua Sensation mixed with Garnier sunscreen spf 30 in the morning (tiny amounts so my skin doesn't look like I poured oil over it) and I only apply AHA after the BP in the evening. The thing is my skin doesn't feel rough at all, it just looks that way like tiny bumps/grain all over. But maybe you're right, maybe I could do with a little more of the moisturizer, the thing is I still have this irrational fear that applying more moisturizer would make me break out.

Whilst it is hard for me to make a judgement on your skin, I understand the regime can have this effect when the BP dries on your skin and can cause a layer. I have had this problem also in the early stages of the regime. However over time my skin returned back to normal. I recommend staying hydrated also, the texture of your skin can change dramatically. All the best

Glad I'm not the only one haha Hopefully it does go with time and I'll definitely try to drink more water, I barely drink water at all which is really bad I know.

MemberMember
(@dogmaster234)

Posted : 10/24/2013 11:26 pm

I'm on my 10th week and let me tell you, rough dead skin was worse than acne for me. My entire fire was a mask of dead skin, but i found a better moisturizer, cetaphil, and have been using it day and night with jojoba oil and aha at night. Now my skin is nearly completely smooth again. It's all about waiting it out when you're getting used to the regimen for the first three months. Keep it up and good luck!

MemberMember
(@lizhernandez)

Posted : 10/25/2013 4:17 pm

I agree with nicmic62 ^up there. Try incorporating another kind of moisturizer, that might help. Cerave or cetaphil are good ones. Make sure they are oil free and hypoallergenic! Best of luck

MemberMember
(@ahmedmorsi)

Posted : 10/26/2013 5:17 pm

So I found out the problem was that I wasn't using enough moisturizer because sometimes I felt I didn't need it. I'v been using alot of moisturizer at night for the past couple of days and I can already see an improvement! thanks guys!