Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KryptoKnight

does it matter what time of day to take accutane?

If you take it at night, make sure you stay upright (standing or sitting down) for 30-40 minutes so that it can reach your digestive system and won't get stuck in your osaphagus.

You should take it with your largest meal. Also, that meal should contain some kind of fat. I am a vegetarian so I take mine with cheese and milk. I find that the bigger the meal, the lesser the side effects. For example, one day I took it with a small meal and I had headaches and tummy problems.

Good luck and keep us updated. Also, i'm on day 10 and I haven't had a breakout yet. I'm pretty clear in fact. So, i'm keeping my fingers' crossed. smile.gif

I'm now taking 2 40mg pills a dat. One in morning and 1 at night. I asked my derm when I should take my pill when I started the course at 40mg a day and she told me morning is best time. Didn't ask why, just listened and no problems so far.

Good luck and look forward to the result!

well i dont lie down for another hour, i take it with milk, cottage cheese and peanut butter (dont ask bout that meal). but should i start switching it to the mornin?